Katies diary: 13 weeks

Kater-tater

Gold Member
Here I am once again :wave_cry:
Anyone remember me from my little venture onto sw before?
Anyway I gained 3.5lbs over xmas after losing 2.5lbs on propoints and decided that i just didnt want to do ww anymore so here i am.
Start weight is now 11.6.
I will update this with my last few days food (day 4 today) but its not been brilliant as have eaten too many chocs and not been 100% accurate with counting but at least i tried.:(

RANDOM RANT< PLEASE SKIP!>
Tonight i watched a bit of 'why are tin people not fat' which was really interesting. It confirmed what i recently read about maintaining where your body knows its natural weight (the weight it is used to, either overweight or thin) and this is why its SO hard to lose and keep off and also hard for thin people to gain weight and keep it on. Your body kind of knows it can survive at that weight and so wants to keep you there where it knows it can survive, so will so all it can to keep you there.
Losing is hard but maintaining is meant to be even harder, im only thinking about this because i dont want to bother losing weight if i will gain it back again, id rather stay as i am and avoid the hassel and upset. But i want to lose weight, so i have to keep it off. I know my body does, and will, fight me all the way but what else can i do? Stay this way? not the most appealing option. So i would rather try, and keep trying and for it to be hard than to not bother and just be unhappy with myself. When i think about myself or see myself, i dont feel bad about myself very often. I dont really see myself as fat, but i did take some photos of myself as before's and they really where horrific. I must remeber to look at them anytime i feel like i might binge or eat something crappy. I dont want to look like that anymore. So heres to losing weight!
COME ON!

awww thank you :D

Im still struggling this week as i didnt plan (not very good at it) and have been left with loads of food but nothing suitable. Im also really really stressed with life and uni, dissertation is dragging and its due in VERY soon.
sat here eating the tiny bit of ben and jerrys left from xmas. shamefull!
So im going to get planning and go shopping on sunday ready for monday when im back at uni. Hopefully wont be in that often atm but am worrying about food to take as its somehting i struggle with. I think that im going to just do my best till sunday which is weigh in (at home) but not expecting anything as not been good. I also used all my B's for breakfast each day which isnt good as i really am missing bread as a veggie.
I will be back with my plans later, wont post this weeks food now as its been shocking but i promise i will get it together for next week. Wish me luck!

Hiya :)

I'm going to be honest.. it's such a relief to hear that I'm not the only one that struggles with being a Uni and trying to stick 100% to slimming world!

I find the safest thing to do is just keep plenty of free foods around you, so that you know when everyone else is grabbing a chocolate bar, you know you don't need to because you've got that delicious Muller Light waiting for you :p

You've lost 13lbs already and that's brillaint - so don't be too hard on yourself hun! I know you said you struggle to plan what you're going to eat.. I do too so what I do, is instead of planning each day I just plan: 7 lunches and 7 evening meals and then I don't have to worry about sticking with the exact plan of a 'monday' but can mix it all up a bit :) Then it feels more like 'what I fancy' than a diet!

Stick with it lovely - it will be worth it in the end!
Abi x

Thank you, you lovelies!

Abi- I am majorly doing crap today.Im trying to get my first draft of my dissertation fully done for monday which is stressing me out no end but im getting there i hope. Ive eaten so badly and its making me kinda sad but you know what, ive just decided that it doesnt not matter if i gain some weight while im doing my dissertation. ive only got 10 whole days left of writing before it has to be in FINALLY. that is not a long time. After that its just my final project and i can take more time with that and give a bit more time to planning my meals. I did make a SW lasagna today but i have fridged it for tomorrow as im so full and bloated today that i dont want to waste it.
The pounds ive lost makes me happy, but unfortunately it was 21 pounds before but ive been buggering about for a year or so and gained it back.
I ca do this, just got to get tomorrow out of the way and then monday im going to go do a sw shop and get planning. im looking forward to it, need to get my bum in gear.

Having read it on another thread i went and bought cosmo that has the free Neris and India's Idiot proof diet book with it, have had a read while having a dissertation break and its really helpfull. I wont be trying the diet (low carb?! as a veggie?! nooooo) hehe but the info on overeating and other things as really helpfull so will have another read of it again on monday to spur me on or anytime im thinking of bingeing.

Hi peeps,
Im back today after a mighty gain!
Start weight: 11.8 HORROR!
Fresh start.

Ive done my Sw shop and im ready to go!
Im trying not to eat any chocolate or sweet things for a bit to ween myself off, so im spending my syns on meals etc.
Today looks like this:

Cous Cous cake (forgot the sweetner! Doh!) -5
satsuma

fry up lasagna -A
extra cheese (28g) -A
salad

4 satsumas
3 cherry tomato

56g weetabix mini's -B,B
3tbsp skim milk -0.5
small banana
brown sweetner

low fat supernoodles
activia fat free yogurt

2 HeA, 2 HeB, 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi Katie

I remember you from last time when you tried SW.
I am a bit like you in that I seem to chop and change form WW-SW and back again for various reasons.

For the last two weeks I have tried ww pro-points again and have lost NOTHING!! I have stuck to it and pointed everything using my pp calculator :cry:
You at least lost something trying PP. Do you mind me asking why you stopped PP?

I really love SW and like you am veggie and tend to eat the same things cos it feels safe! but then i get bored:sigh:

The stress of your Uni work will be over soon by the sounds of it but well done for trying to get focused.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say is welcome back and good luck;)

Hi Katie

I remember you from last time when you tried SW.
I am a bit like you in that I seem to chop and change form WW-SW and back again for various reasons.

For the last two weeks I have tried ww pro-points again and have lost NOTHING!! I have stuck to it and pointed everything using my pp calculator :cry:
You at least lost something trying PP. Do you mind me asking why you stopped PP?

I really love SW and like you am veggie and tend to eat the same things cos it feels safe! but then i get bored:sigh:

The stress of your Uni work will be over soon by the sounds of it but well done for trying to get focused.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say is welcome back and good luck;)

Awww thank you!
I get bored very easily to so im trying to try new things and vary my food a bit. Which isnt that easy but im guna try! hehe
I dont mind you asking anything! Im always happy to chat. I stopped PP because even tho i lost in the first 2 weeks, it was a struggle. I was reverting back to my old habbits of using all my points on rubbish and found that the 49 was a great idea, but it just encouraged me to go back into my bingeing. I gained in the third week because i had used all my points on chocolate and gone over! I know ww isnt for me, i lost all my 21 pounds on it to start but its not good for me long term. But i just keep going back to it!! sucker for punishment!:rolleyes:
I bought all the stuff to. what a waste of money! My mum has been and still is doing it and has lost a stone!:D It works for some and not others. Any ideas why it didnt work for you?

Have updated my food for today and changed my day to a green so I could have an extra B. Guess it doesnt matter much as could have just syned the extra cereal? Does it make any diffrence?
still not very hungry, am very very bloated (not like me at all even with all the rubbish i used to eat!) so not feeling great. God im stressed. Which usually means eating but not today, that tells you how bad my tummy feels!

I think that the problem with me is that although I need "rules" I end up rebelling anyway, go figure:confused:

However, I was very rigid when doing PP so have no idea why I didn't lose but looking on the WW part on minis quite a few people have returned to Discover. I signed up online too so have no leader to ask but as you say, different things work for different people.

Years ago I weighed 18 stone:eek: and lost 8 stone in a year with WW and counting points but just don't wanna be counting for the rest of my days..................:p

I really understand how the weekly slush fund almost encourages bingeing if the tendency is there, its very easy to abuse it.;)

For me because SW takes the pressure of weighing certain foods like rice, potatoes etc it makes me feel less pressured. If I can choose to have either 6 points of rice or 6 points of chocolate , I KNOW which I am gonna go for and it ain't the rice!! with SW we can have BOTH, yay:p

Anyhow enough rambling, good luck, keep at it xx

ramble all ya like! :D

Welcome back home Katie :p and good luck with your losses!! I am also back after a wee while off :) xxx

Hi Katie.

Just remember some of the activia fat free aren't veggie safe, espesh the strawberry one, it contains carmine. Are you going down the renin and gelatine etc free route or just no 'meat' as such?

xx

Thanks allie, I checked the ones i have and they are fine. I try to check everything before i buy it but some things slip through the net :( Bought some muller lights the other day but luckily realised they where not veggie before i ate one, shame i had already bought them!
Have had some slip ups with things finding out they are not veggie after :jelous:not good!
I am indeed not having gelatine or other non veggie things,although a bit of red colouring in something is the lesser of evils really but i avoid if at all possible. last time i did Sw i wasnt veggie and hated quorn so its a bit of a change! especially to check things like mugsgots etc, Most things fit really well with sw tho. Im finding it alot easier being veggie than i was vegan, even tho i did love being vegan .:eek:
All i can say is thank you lord for the wonder that is quorn! :p

and damn the guy who put gelatine in aero mouses! :cry:

hehe

I did indeedy!
Those mouses are my fav, they where my slip up. And i had binged on them so not only did i feel sick from far too much chocolate but then i realised it had gelatine in it....almost puked!

I look like a nutter most of the time tbh, im not proud!
Am i the only one who feels self concious that people will know you are on sw form what you buy? lol

I hope you get your appetite back soon allie, maybe its all the work?
See i have been reading ;)
Will hold you to that cuppa! :D

Tomorrows plan: 5syns planned

2 cereal bars -B
banana
sweetener
Total yogurt

Lunch for uni:
Ah couscous -1.5
roasted vegetables
cooked quorn roast chunks (LOVE!)
salsa -0.5 (according to calories)