Katies food diary

katie36

Banned
Hi! im fairly new to weight watchers & very new to this site! ive got a stone to lose before my holiday to turkey in august & decided to set this up. The idea is that keeping a food diary will help me stick to the points & provide a few of you with meal ideas/inspiration! if you feel ive over/under pointed on anything please dont hesitate to point out! katie x :)

welcome katie
this is a lovely site very helpful and encouraging good luck with your weightloss :cool::cool:

Thanks sasha! forgot to add on my introduction that im allowed 18pts a day & im going to weigh in on a friday.

Food diary day 1 (monday 04/05/2009)

Breakfast

egg (1.5)
ww bread x 3 (1.5)
cheerios 20g (1)
actimel 0.1%/flora light/milk (1)
(5)

Dinner

ww bread toasties x 2 (2)
cottage cheese 60g (1)
peppers/tomato puree/oregano (0)
apple (1)
crackerbread x6 (1.5)
(5.5)

Tea

Tesco light choices veg curry (YUM!) (5)
(5)

Snacks

Options hot choc (0.5)
Cheerios 30g (1.5)
(2)

Total for day = 17.5

Exercise

Was planning on attending my first body attack class tonight, but my friend cancelled due to a nose bleed :sigh: so off to the gym for an hour instead soonish!

so after mondays post i called up the gym to see what time they'd be open to (bank hol) & they'd just closed! so no exercise :sigh:

Food diary day 2 (tuesday 05/05/2009)

Breakfast

egg (1.5)
ww bread x 3 (1.5)
cheerios 20g (1)
(5)

Dinner

Morrisons tortilla wrap (1.5)
Quorn dipper (0.5)
Peppers/onions (0)
multi pack hula hoops (2)
cheerios 20g (1)
(5)

Tea

Baked potato 300g (3)
Curry sauce (natural yoghurt 100g/currypowder/corriander/cumin) (1)
sml apple (0.5)
(4.5)

Snacks

Options hot choc (0.5)
Cheerios 20g (1)
mini twister (1)
(2.5)

Total for day = 17
(realised at 10.30pm after gym that i had an extra point left but didnt really want to eat anything so late!)

Exercise

Had plans for a full workout (treadmill/crosstrainer/exercisebike) but the football was on so i braved the treadmill for 45mins & burnt 504 cals according to HRM :)

Food diary day 3 (wednesday 06/05/2009)

Breakfast

egg (1.5)
ww bread x 1 warburtons danish x2 (2)
cheerios 20g (1)
(5.5)

Dinner

Mini twister (1)
Potato 300g (3)
Mexican style sauce (Naturalyoghurt 50g/cumin/corriander/peppers/onion) (0.5)
nesquik cereal (2)
sml apple (0.5)
(7)

Tea

spaghetti 40g (2)
tomato zero point sauce (carrots/brocolli/tomatoes/oregano/basil) (0)
babybel light (1)
(3)

Snacks

Options hot choc (0.5)
nesquik 30g (2)
(2.5)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

Had plans for a full workout (treadmill/crosstrainer/exercisebike) AGAIN but the football was on AGAIN so i braved the treadmill AGAIN & now my feet hate me! 520 kcals burnt according to HRM :)

Day 4 already, this is year is going sooooooo fast, no complaints though as the faster it goes the sooner it'll be summer! (not that we get much of one)

Food diary day 4 (thursday 07/05/2009)

Breakfast

tesco honey nut cornflakes 30g (2)
warburtons danish x2 (1.5)
(4.5)

Dinner

Mini twister (1)
Tesco value shepherds pie (3)
30g cottage cheese (0.5)
coco shreddies (2)
(6.5)

Tea

1/2 a pack of tesco l/c spicy pasta (4) (stay clear, not worth the points AT ALL! got to eat the other half tomorrow aswell wahhhhh)
crackerbread x2 (0.5)
options hot choc (0.5)
coco shreddies (2)
(7)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

13ish mile bike ride to my mums house to collect... weight watchers scales! (true dedication, or just a bit nuts im not sure) 490 kcals burnt nonetheless. the scales are not all that great, i weighed myself 3 times within 5 minutes just to test & it fluctuated 2lbs everytime :S also they have a feature which determines how much water is in your body, i was really thirsty (just after bike ride) & the scales said i was over hydrated! gonna stick to the boots 70p a pop weighing station for accurate weigh ins :)

Food diary day 5 (friday 08/05/2009)

Breakfast

honey shreddies (2)
tesco l/c croissant (3.5)
actimel 0.1%/milk (0.5)
(6)

Dinner

Tesco value shepherds pie (3)
cheerios 20g (1)
(4)

Tea

ww mexican cornbites (1)
quorn sausage (1)
honey cornflakes (2)
ww bread x2 (1.5)
(5.5)

+++++ god knows how many shots of smirnoff?!?

Total for day = 22/23 (at a guess) (seeeeya exercise points)

Exercise

running round like a headless chicken at work/ repetitive weight lifting in the pub (glasses of smirnoff are prretttty heavy) ;) was going to weigh in today but didnt due to TOTM, i feel really bloated and didnt want to be de-motivated after a good week if the scales went up or something because of bloat. will just weigh in next friday no biggy :)

last night was great but ive paid the price today for sure! overslept & was 40mins late for work :S been really tired today but luckily i havnt used this as an excuse to sabotage all this weeks hard work..

Food diary day 6 (saturday 09/05/2009)

Breakfast

tesco l/c croissant (3.5)
honey shreddies (2)
actimel 0.1%/milk (1)
(6.5)

Dinner

the remains of the naf tesco spicy pasta (i hate waste!) (3.5)
cheerios 25g (1.5)
(5)

Tea

200g potato (made mash mmmm) (2)
2 x quorn sausage (1)
2 x tesco yorkshire puds (1)
options hot choc (0.5)
coco shreddies (2)
(6.5)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

Absolutely zero, im knackered & off to bed! zzzzzz

so after a good solid 12 hours sleep im feeling much better! been meggga hungry today though which is unusual when TOTM has been & gone, maybe its the week catching up with me! put my day off today to good use & went crazy in the kitchen, made a couple of new dishes which were delish (check out the recipes at the bottom of this post :))

Food diary day 7 (sunday 10/05/2009)

Breakfast

warburtons roll (2)
egg (1.5)
actimel 0.1%/milk/flora (1)
honey nut cornflakes (2)
(6.5)

Dinner

potato patties (so so good!) (1.5)
60g spaghetti (3)
homemade mexican chilli style dish (1)
cookie crisp cereal (2)
(7.5)

Tea

100g gnocci (king of carbs) (2)
more of the chilli (1)
rainbow drops (1)
options hot choc (0.5)
(4.5)

Total for day = 18.5 (whooops, not too bothered though as a. damage limitation as i wanted to eat the world today! b. will have a point less tomorrow)

Exercise

hit the gym again, another 507 kcals burnt. should have put my exercise aims on the first post but never did. im aiming to burn 2000kcals a week at the gym & 30miles a week on my bike ticker.

total kcals burnt this week: 2019
bike miles: 30

all in all a great week! semi tempted to weigh in tomorrow but i think ill hold out until friday.

potato pattie & chilli recipe...

potato patties

150g potato
1/3 of an onion
egg white
thyme (optional)
rosemary (optional)

boil the potatoes for 15mins or so until soft. saute the onion in a frying pan (use a bit of low cal spray if needed, i never do) mash up the potatoes, add the egg white, the onion, a teaspoon of rosemary & a teaspoon of thyme & continue mashing. place a sheet of tin foil on the grill & divide the potato mixture into 4 little patties on the sheet. grill for about 10mins or so until they just start to brown. enjoy! both the rosemary & thyme are optional & you could just substitute them for other herbs/spices, whatever takes your fancy really. works out at 1.5 pts for the recipe ive listed :)

mexican veggie chilli

400g chopped tinned tomatos
240g kidney beans
1 pkt schwartz americano spicy meatball recipe mix (this is what makes the chilli so good i think! on offer at tesco 3 for £1.50)
1 onion
2 handfuls of mixed peppers

saute the onion & peppers in a frying pan until onions are slightly brown & the peppers look cooked. add the chopped tomatoes, leave to simmer for a couple of mins. add the kidney beans, give it a good stir & leave it all to simmer again for a few more mins. add the spice mix, put on the lowest heat & leave to simmer for 10-15mins. points at 4.5 (3.5 for kidney beans/1 for the spice mix) and easily makes 4 portions!

Last edited:
Food diary day 8 (monday 11/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
crumpet (1)
honey nut cornflakes (2)
(5.5)

Dinner

200g potato (2)
chilli (1.5)
chipstick crisps (1.5)
apple (0.5)
(5.5)

Tea

last of the chilli (1)
spaghetti 40g (2)
ww caramel shortcake (2)
rainbow drops (1)
options hot choc (0.5)
(6.5)

Total for day = 17.5 (makes amends for yesterday :))

Exercise

no exercise, couldnt be bothered after work. compensated with cosmopolitan mag in a nice hot bath & will get back on the cardio wagon tomorrow!

so yesterday i completely forgot to put that i couldnt resist & weighed myself in the morning. 9st 1lbs so thats a 3lbs loss! which needless to say im verrrrrryyyyy happy with :) :) :) (should probably add my mouth was like ghandis flip flop & i was dehdrated to the max but the scales never lie ;) may regret saying that in the future however ha!) from now on weigh ins shall be on monday, makes sense as it'll make me a bit more cautious over the weekend (THE DANGER ZONE!)

Food diary day 9 (tuesday 12/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
crumpet (1)
golden nuggets (1.5)
(5)

Dinner

200g potato (2)
cottage cheese (1)
crackerbread x2 (0.5)
sml apple (0.5)
ww mexican cornbites (1)
20g cheerios (1)
(6)

Tea

"chilli" (1)
spaghetti 40g (2)
cottage cheese (1)
150g strawberrys (0.5) (points bargain of the week!)
frosties (1.5)
mini twister (1)
(7)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

no exercise againnnnn, just could not be bothered after work! off now for a couple of days so definitely gonna hit the gym a lot & try & fit in a major bike ride to hit 30 mile targ this week.

made a fresh batch of "chilli" this time with baked beans so its a bit more pointy, worked it out at 5.5 for the lot but going to point it at 6 to be on the safe side. there is sooooo much of it, im gonna be keeping andrex in business this week! feels like ive eaten loads today, probably because i bulked out my tea with loads of salad, i love weight watchers!

uhh ohhhhhhhh so yesterday started out great! & went rapidly downhill at teatime when i went out for tea with my mum. i rarely see her & i think she feels a bit guilty about this & tries to fatten me up on the occasions we do go out with a 3 course meal, probably so she knows im not going to starve during the month we dont see each other! haha. not saying that i didnt want to eat the yummy food because i did, but even if i didnt its best to go along with it or the inevitable 1000000 questions start! (the only people supportive of diets are the ones on them!) ill post my food diary for yesterday but absolutely no idea on points, not gonna fret about it though its done, so just gonna draw a line under it & start a fresh today :)

Food diary day 10 (wednesday 13/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
egg (1.5)
cheerios 30g (1.5)
150g strawberrys (0.5)
(6)

Dinner

quinoa (1) (5th of a batch)
cottage cheese (1)
chilli (1)
20g cheerios (1)
(4)

Tea

soup of the day tomato & basil (400)
spaghetti bolognaise w/ meatballs (8000)
vanilla cheesecake (12000)

Total for day = 20,410! (approx)

Exercise

10 mile bike ride. upped the miles on my bike ticker but i absolutely need to do 4 solid days at the gym now, no more excuses! football is on tonight & its my team so not one i can watch on the treadmill or ill end up falling off. gonna have an afternoon sesh at the gym instead with the O.A.P.s!

fresh start & the only real obstacle i had to overcome was my g-ma's gigantic biscuit tin! shes another one who likes to feed (it must be a family thing) i just had the one though halo still intact. its football tonight, im a massive leeds united fan, im posting this before the game & my evening snack will probably be fingernails!

Food diary day 11 (thursday 14/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
crumpet (1)
extra light cheese tri (0.5)
frosties 30g (1.5)
strawberrys (0.5)
(6)

Dinner

quinoa (1) (this stuff is awesome, so good for you & i only realised today its pronounced "keem-wah" & its the stuff gillian mckeith used to go on about!)
cottage cheese (1)
chilli (1)
custard/crackerbread creation (3)
biscuit (1)
(7)

Tea

quinoa (1)
chilli (1)
something delish for 3 points if i can stomach it after the game (3)
Total for day = 18

Exercise

biked to my grans so got a few more miles on the bike ticker :) 570 kcals at the gym & currently on a cardio high!

another successful day :) well somewhat successful, i havnt made it to the gym but im not going out this weekend on any smirnoff benders so should meet my kcals burnt targ & bike ticker target by going to the gym saturday/sunday :) so so tired today, i keep waking up at 6am & i dont know why!

Food diary day 12 (friday 15/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
quorn sausage (0.5)
frosties 30g (1.5)
(4.5)

Dinner

quinoa (1)
chilli (1.5)
frosties (1.5)
multi pack french fries (1)
(5)

Tea

ww mexican cornbites (1)
ross ready meal spinach & ricotta (5)
20g cheerios (1)
options hot choc (0.5)
(7.5)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

zilccccccccccccccchhhhh

me summed up in 2 words today: cream crackered! a solid day at work followed by a solid session at the gym. absolutely no idea how i made it to the gym straight after work, very proud of myself :) this food diary is gonna be major boring for the next couple of days because i have another 4 portions of chilli & quinoa to get through pshhh gonna make a big italian style dish i think next :)

Food diary day 13 (saturday 16/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
quorn sausage (0.5)
frosties 20g (1)
crumpet (1)
(5)

Dinner

quinoa (1.5)
chilli (1)
frosties (1.5)
sml apple (0.5)
(4.5)

Tea

orange (0.5)
ww cornbites (1)
chilli (1)
quinao (1)
mini twister (1)
rainbow drops (1.5)
ww caramel dessert (2)
options hot choc coconut (like a bounty in a mug!) (0.5)
(8.5)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

made it to the gym. thought id vary my workout a bit & rather than just use the cross trainer & run on the treadmill, i powerwalked on the treadmill with an incline & jesus christ could i feel it working! definitely discovered some new muscles today & could feel them aching more than after a 10k! 527kcals burnt. shower time now then gonna snuggle up in bed with my mini feast & catch up on desperate housewives :)

another day another dollar. ive been craving cheesecake alllllllll day today. not one of those little ww efforts, like a giant vanilla choc new york cheesecake! i think the only thing that stopped me tracking down a slice was the fact im going to weigh myself tomorrow (knew the monday weigh in thing would pay off ;)) didnt give in to temptation however so another successful day :)

Food diary day 14 (sunday 17/05/2009)

Breakfast

ww bread x2 (1.5)
egg (1.5)
cheerios 20g (1)
(5)

Dinner

quinoa (1)
chilli (1)
frosties (1.5)
orange (0.5)
(4)

Tea

french fries multi pack (1)
rainbow drops (1.5)
chilli (1)
quinao (1)
mars planets (3.5)
cheerios 20g (1)
(9)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

no exercise againnn today. ive been such a lazybones for the last 2 weeks! im either training to be a fitness instructor in october (fingers crossed) or joining the fire brigade in august. you need to be majorly fit for both so i need to get back into good habits! drawing a line under the last 2 weeks & from now on gym 4 times a week plus 30miles on the bike ticker, no more excuses!

Hello Katie,
ive just been reading your post and although heavier than you we seem to have the same weight loss goals (around a stone) mine too is for a holiday in august and a friends wedding in september! reading your posts you are very motivated and have been really good at the gym..I hope I can do the same, ive stolen a few ideas from your food diary which should help me get started! i'm going to start a food diary tommorow! thanks again, reading your posts have made me feel a lot better and more motivated! thanks x

hey roselove! thanks for the post, im glad to be of any help! what ideas did you steal just out of curiousity? make sure you link me to your food diary & we can try & keep each other motivated until august :) x

dum dum dummm.. weigh in day! very surprised to say ive broken into the 8s for the first time in my life :):):) the scales are showing 8st12.5 so im gonna class that as 8st 13lbs which is another 2lbs lost. my work trousers felt hugeee today but i didnt really think id lost any weight, all in the mind sometimes isnt it! i treated myself with a face pack & nice hot bath this evening. also went to morrisons this evening to get some 'vital' supplies, including pink & whites (which are meant to be delish if you microwave them) the ww bagels (half price) ww petit pains (also half price) morrisons eat smart iced dessert (low point icecream substitute) & loads of herbs & spices so i can make a big batch of low point curry & spag bol this week. im supposed to lower my points now to 17, but i do quite a bit of exercise usually & never eat bonus activity points so im gonna stick with 18, if no loss this week the plan is to lower to 17 (uhh ohh!) heres to another 7 days & another loss hopefully!

Food diary day 15 (monday 18/05/2009)

Breakfast

warburtons sandwich roll (2)
extra light babybel (1) (melted onto the roll mmmm!)
quorn sausage (0.5)
shreddies (1.5)
(6) (feast of a brek, felt like wayyy more than 6 points)

Dinner

quinoa (1)
chilli (1)
cheerios (1)
french fries (1)
(4)

Tea

orange (0.5)
chilli (1)
quinoa (1)
morrisons exotic fruit pot (reduced from £1.49 to 15p :O credit crunch!)(1.5)
50g morrisons eat smart iced vanilla dessert (1)
options hot choc (0.5)
animal bar (2)
cheerios (0.5)
(8)

Total for day = 18

Exercise

no exercise againnn today, but i have drawn up my weekly plan which im gonna try & stick to for the next 2 weeks & monitor results. basically im going to go to the gym 4 times & do something different each time..
- a 10k run
- a 5k run & 20mins on the cross trainer
- 30mins on the cross trainer / 10minute power walk / 20min run
- 30mins cross trainer / bleep test

i think i need to do this because im lagging with exercise & because im still losing weight theres no motivation for me to go as much as i used to! im a sucker for a challenge so hopefully this will work.

Hey Katie, Id love to have a buddy to help me get to august! however i have not yet learned to do a link to your thread or invite you to link mine? any advice?
I found your excerise regime really helpful, that you want to do so many miles a week, and last night, i got on the bike!! ha ha obviously did something! also you seem to eat quite a lot of cereal which is low fat but fills you up! well normally i would have eaten About 10-13 points by now (10:58am) but ive only had 3 and lugged lots of water...let me know how to link you and i will.
thanks Katie.
x

Back