Kat's SW EE Diary

Had another good day :) I'm finding it really easy to stick to, the only thing that I will find hard is if I don't see the scales move! Had a rubbish WI of -0.2 lb last week so will be really disappointed if I don't lose, especially as I've been mixing it up with some red and green days this week.

Thurs 31st Jan - Red
B = hot water and lemon, fruit and muller light L=oven baked basa fillet topped with laughing cow extra light, with loads of veggies. Wispa ice cream (6)
D= 35g choc shreddies, banana, skimmed milk Snacks= apple, Special K chewy delight, Special K biscuit moments (5)
Drinks= hot water and lemon, 2L water, coffee, tea
HeA = 350ml skimmed milk
= 2 laughing cow extra light 20g cheddar
HeB = chewy delight
35g choc shreddies
Daily syns 11/15 Weekly syns 75/90
Exercise - shred level 2 day 4 (once the kiddies are asleep!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmmm I rely can't see why u haven't lost Hun! It looks fine to me?!
Just carry on this week and don't give up!! Just try limiting your caffeine to maybe 2 a day and the rest water or hot lemon water and see if that helps? Looks like your having enough fruit n veg tho xx

Just a thought, perhaps you're having such a hard time losing weight because you really don't have much to lose? You've lost 5lbs and have 5 left to lose, and are already in the healthy range of BMI - usually when people who've had a lot of weight to lose reach the point of being close to their target they hit a plateau and need something like less syns or more exercise to be able to keep losing! Something worth considering anyway, don't beat yourself up as even if you're not losing weight you're still doing your body a big favour by eating well :)

I was gunna say that too Laura so it could be an option! X

Thanks girls,

Going to try and chill out about it a bit.
I'm not bothered about getting to that weight i just want to lose some fat! I'm very pear shaped and would just like to feel a bit happier when I look in the mirror.
Will keep on with the plan as hubby is doing it too and we're both enjoying it. He things I should try having bigger breakfasts to get my metabolism going so going to try that. He also thinks i could try varying my syns eg have 25 on sat, 20 on sun, 10 on mon etc and end up on 105 by the end of the week. Also going to try to use my syns on more real food like an extra slice of bread, butter on my jacket etc x

Last edited:
Urgh annoyed at myself,

Had a bit of a comfort eating binge tonight :( haven't done that in a VERY long time. I literally could not stop eating. Feel very disappointed and crappy for it but thought it was important that I acknowledge it and come clean on here.
Feeling pretty down at the moment but going to try and wipe the slate clean and not dwell on it.
I know I'm now in normal bmi, and to most people I'm not fat and don't need to lose weight, but this is much more than the number on the scales, it's how I feel day in day out, every time I look in the mirror. I've always suffered with low self esteem and constantly compare myself with others. I wish I could focus on all the positives in my life - I have an amazing hubby, 2 beautiful children for which I am so grateful. Guess I need to try and start loving myself a bit more if only I knew how! X

That comfort eating might actually help you this week and you might start losing again. However, as Laura and Tilly have already said you are doing fine and because you do not have that much to lose, it is harder and also you are doing a lot of exercise too which is turning fat into muscles which is a good thing. Cheer up and do not let it upset you and plaese do not compare yourself with others as each of us are unique in our own way (depending on our genes, background, diets of our ancestors and many otehr things). You are you and one of you in this word - so be proud of who you are. Have a lovely evening.

That comfort eating might actually help you this week and you might start losing again. However, as Laura and Tilly have already said you are doing fine and because you do not have that much to lose, it is harder and also you are doing a lot of exercise too which is turning fat into muscles which is a good thing. Cheer up and do not let it upset you and plaese do not compare yourself with others as each of us are unique in our own way (depending on our genes, background, diets of our ancestors and many otehr things). You are you and one of you in this word - so be proud of who you are. Have a lovely evening.

Thank you so much :)
Going to do my measurements tomorrow and try to focus more on that than the number on the scales x

Is that your hubby? Probably shouldn't say this but he's a bit yummy lol!

I know how difficult it is hun. Lots of people keep telling me to stop now as look great, lost loads etc but I'm still not 100% happy when I look in the mirror. It is a really personal journey, if you're ok with sw then just keep going hub. Do you swim? I find swimming really helps tone me up so may help with the 'fat' and help you feel better even if you don't loose pounds, does that make sense? Stick with it x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Yeah that's him - I'm a very lucky lady :)

Never really thought about swimming - I'm always a bit panicky in water when I get out of my depth!
Thanks hun, I'm going to stick with it and do my measurements today. Won't care about the scales if I'm losing some centimetres!
Totally shouldn't have but I got on the scales this morning and I'm 1 lb down since yesterday. Hubby is now adamant that we should have a day off per week lol
X

I deffo reccommend a day off (or sometimes 2!) as it stops it being a diet and more a way of life...there's no way in real life u can be good everyday so don't be so hard on yourself and just aim for 1lb a week nothing more nothing less and you'll soon be where u wanna be! X

I deffo reccommend a day off (or sometimes 2!) as it stops it being a diet and more a way of life...there's no way in real life u can be good everyday so don't be so hard on yourself and just aim for 1lb a week nothing more nothing less and you'll soon be where u wanna be! X

I think it might be the way to go - hubby is going to have a day off a week regardless of whether I do or not lol! And I do always seem to lose when I have had a treat night.
So what so you think I should do - my day 'off' is going to be on a Friday as that's my weigh in day and I've got a few things coming up on fridays. So do I not worry about syns and use up to 90 syns between sat and thurs? Or give myself an allowance of syns for a Friday and use less throughout the week? X

Whatever u think will work best for u Hun! I try not to think aboutbit too much as it's not like I go overboard everyday! They say as long as your good 90% of the time you need that 10% or you'll lode it completely x

Saturday

B - 35g coco shreddies (b) skimmed milk (a), chopped fruit
L - rib eye steak (2for oil), wedges, green beans, carrots, sw BBQ sauce
D- mackerel in tomato sauce, couscous and salad

Syns
Oil - 2
Wine - 7
Port - 4
Freddo - 5
Special K biscuit moments - 5
23 syns

Exercise - shred level 2 day 5
- 10 mins exercise bike
- 100 crunches

So 8 syns over today, pretty sure I can balance that out over the week :)

Back