Katycakes Won't Give Up...

Go for it Sleepy... what plan will you follow? With 9lbs to shift, you can SO do it! Between us we can figure this out. Have a fab day Sleepy!

xxx

Day 5... so happy to have got this far! Think ketosis has hit as I'm feeling much less inclined to pick. I'm not hungry, drinking gallons and mouth is less than gorgeous... hopefully this is the K-zone.

Interestingly, more alert and was up at 6.30. Had a hot choc shake for breakfast early on, and watched the 10 Things You Need To Know About Dieting prog on i-Player as recommended by Bess, Sleepy and Lelly. Found it very helpful, no magic fixes but some things I didn't know, and good to know about the low-fat dairy as we do see dairy as 'bad'. As a veggie it's good to know I don't have to avoid it. Lots of food for thought.

This morning heading into town for a food shop, am with OH who has a day off, so will call into cafe as well, I am planning on a skinny latte as a treat. Think that will be OK as I did have first shake so early and am technically allowed 4 shakes at 5' 8" and have been having either 3 or 3 & a half so far. That's my logic and hopefully it will work for me, but don't want to rock the boat for anyone else...

Rained overnight so snow turning slowly to slush, soon be time to swap that sledge for the 'wagon'. See you later!

xxx

hey hun thought id sneak in and say hello! look at all the support you have :) you'll breeze through this! i love the own weighers, first thing in a morning too! i wish i wasnt a peeker but i honestly think it helps me!

congrats on doing so amazing so far, and heres to a fresh new week :) minus 8 whole pounds!
xxx

Hi Blondie, good to see you... hope today is going well for you! Two packs and a skinny latte down... so far so good!

xxx

aw good stuff! i felt awful this morning, woke up starving... i think its the 7day itch.... but after a mint shake i feel AMAZING! wonder if il be put on to 810 tonight...? hope you to continue to have a good day
amy
xx

Hey, Katy, just logged on. You're doing really well. Boy are the first few days hard! But it can be done! We've been there and done and we are going to do it again!

Hey katy,

Just wanted to say hi cos you really inspired back when I did Cambridge in 2009. Like you I kept it of for about a year and then whoosh last summer put about 2 stone back on.
Ive been doing lighterlife this time though cos think I need to explore my emotional eating etc.

Good Luck, you'll be there in no time.

Louise

Well done on another good day Katy, I went to WW last February as I had put on some weight over Christmas and I lost it all, but since then have managed to put on 3 stone, have tried CD several times in that time and each time I lose some weight and end up putting on even more. When I was weighed this morning I weighed more than I have at all in the last year......

Hey Kira! We are getting there... slow but sure!

Aloize, hiya! You are doing really well! How do you find LL compared with CD? It's similar in some ways, I think? Wish I had an LL option in this area as know exactly what you mean about the emotional eating, that's the element that I really need to work on if I'm going to maintain this time...

Greeneyes, it's hard to face the scales sometimes - I had a moment just like that on Monday. Really horrified but also subconsciously I knew things would be bad. The few days after that I felt very low and had two failed starts on CD Mon & Tues. (Weds was just a binge day). Then I got brave and made another start and now it's getting to the end of Day 5... no matter how bad it feels Greeneyes you can do this. CD or WW, make a decision and get going... once you get past the first few days you will feel loads better. Sending a hug.

xxx

Sounds like you have had a good day so far Katy, I had a cheeky skinny latte in town today also and have had my 4 products and lots of water. Looking forward to getting on the scales in the morning and recording a loss...even if the scales didn't move for some reason, I wont be deterred.
My mum and dad are staying the night, having travelled back from visiting my sister in Essex and are staying at mine before returning to their boat in the morning. I cooked them tea and nearly wavered but didn't thankfully!
From watching that programme last night, apparently all I need to do for maintenance afterwards is drink lots of milk and blend everything before I eat it.
I can do that!! :D

Well done Sleepy! I was in town too and really looking forward to a planned skinny latte... left it till last and when we got to our fave cafe there was a sign on door saying it was closed for refurb work!!! Went to another cafe and still had a skinny latte & all was fine, but there was a split second when I inwardly screamed noooooo! with disappointment!

I was really happy about the dairy bit in that prog & also how long the effects of exercise last... the more incentive I can get to shift my lardy bum the better. Getting to the end of Day 5 and feeling good... a slightly empty feeling now, but not in a bad way. And not long till bedtime.

Hope everyone else had a fab day!

xxx

Hi Katy as you have been so supportive on my diary I thought I would pop by and see how you were doing and have a read of your posts and not only do I read your wonderful pearls of wisdom and thoughts i find yet more 2009 ladies x I remember talking to you all :eek: crikey can't believe you are here... it's like a mini secret club.. ssshhhh I won't tell ;) you all look and sound great.. so good luck to you all too.​

Keep going Katycakes you are helping me get back into the zone.. time for bed now its the end of a long Day 1 for me xx​

Hi Jess, Trisha and Sarah Lou!

Jess, I wasn't hopeful at all when I restarted yet again on thursday & began posting again on minis. Was very scared. And now, at start of Day 6 I feel so different, a million times more hopeful, determined & optimistic. I know I am 'stealing' lots of good vibes from all of you to keep me going, and hopefully put some back out there as well... there is strength in helping each other, I think. Will have a think on hopes for 2011.

Trisha, well done on Day 1 of 810... how was it? Have been reading a lot of diaries/ threads for motivation and have felt very impressed at what you can actually eat on 810, something to look forward to, I remember that last time around I lost 3 of the 4 st on 810. It's a great plan, looking forward to it... but know I need some no-food time first to re-set my head a bit! Will be following your progress Trisha, have a fab day!

Sarah Lou, thanks for calling in, yep, you've found us... the Secret Club! We're not really secret as anyone is welcome, but the power of the support is quite something. I too get such encouragement from kind words from old minis pals, it makes one heck of a difference. Good luck Sarah for Day 2... historically, the hardest day for me but you're focused hun and you CAN do it! Day by day, hour by hour if necessary.

xxx

OK... Day 6. Scales have not moved again, no loss for the 2nd day running, but it doesn't dent my resolve - if 8lbs remains my loss on Thursday morning, I am still more than pleased with that. I know that things are going well, can feel it. The birdcage mouth and death-breath (OH gave me a look last night, must get more chewing gum!). The lack of real hunger, the fact that I am wide awake at 5am and planning my day (like that bit... the alertness, energy). The empty feeling... I like that too, weirdly. My lovely dad once said to me that if you want to lose weight (he would try now & then to be slimmer/fitter) you have to get to like 'that empty feeing'. I never really understood that till CD.

So... feeling good, but trying to keep it real. Had a look in long mirror last night, and though tummy may be slightly smaller, I have a long way to go. The weight seems to pack on around my hips, thighs, bum, but also rolls of fat on my body. I ordered a lovely size 14 dress in the sales, up until Dec a 14 fit me fine, in fact up until Oct some 12s did too... it went on, but the arms were tight! The ARMS? It may just be the style, but I want that dress to feel good, the arms to be loose and lovely, the skirt to fall nicely and not have to navigate its way over a mountain of lard.

It won't be a quick fix, no matter how impatient I am. A great incentive is the wardrobe full of dresses I wore at goal and afterwards, lots of them vintage, dresses I love. I have been hiding away in Dec in a big long coat, one I wore in 2009 when losing the weight. When i started wearing it back then I had to wear it open as it is 'waisted' and was too tight. Then it fastened, then it was loose, then way too loose. It was one of the few things I didn't give away, as I do love it, and wearing it again and feeling it get tighter was a warning sign I chose to ignore. (Well, I knew what I was doing... wasn't going to let a little thing like no clothes to wear get in the way of the urge to binge.) Yesterday the coat buttoned easily again, without feeling tight. It's a start.

Really hope the books I ordered to help with the 'head-work' arrive soon. Otherwise, I'd say I am... content. Calm. That's a good place to be.

Have a brilliant Tuesday, everyone...

xxx

Way to go Katy, way to go!
How very inspiring and im pleased that you are feeling more comfortable in your skin and settled. You can't buy that feeling.
Not dismissing your feelings at all but you are very hard on yourself. I suppose I can't say a lot as I do the same and grab hold of the fat on my stomach and imagine being able to just cut it off. (I don't consider seriously cutting it off, im not that bad thankfully!).
Blooming scales but you know that even though they aren't registering a loss, the fat will still be melting away and your measurements will be shrinking, shrinking, shrinking........:D.
I am day two into SS+ and am 3lb down already, god, I love this diet!! The loss is the difference between stones and that always makes me feel better to dip back to the stone that I wish to be in. Naturally, I would be even happier to be the next stone down but im never happy.
This leaves me now with 6lb to go to get back to original target and Id like to go further down still and get to the weight I was in '09...oh, halcyon days! :rolleyes:
Breaking it down into the two separate targets is less daunting than trying to do it all in one go for me.
So, onwards and chug chug chug!
Hope you have a great day Katy. You will soon be back in all of your lovely vintage stuff xxx

Well done Katy on another day done and dusted.... my hardest day is day 5 of the diet, that is normally the day I fail and last time when I tried I made sure she weighed me on the Friday, day 5 so that I would be inspired to carry on....... I think maybe I should have started on a different day as Friday is normally takeaway night and that is probably why I find it so hard. I am trying to think of a reward system that would work for me, whether to treat myself to a little something after every week completed or something like that, but not sure if there is anything that I want enough to stick to this diet....... I will keep coming on here for encouragement and I WILL do those 28 days with you..... keep up the good work today.

Please stay strong hun, I had all of those thoughts right through Dec and early Jan as well... it's as if the food-monster (chocolate & sweet stuff in my case, but also carbs/fat in general) is trying to pull the rug out from under our feet the whole time... body says, want to eat, head and heart say, not those choices, need to stop, this is scary... it's an out of control feeling, for me. SS brings a kind of peace, when I can get into it properly, and this time I am pretty sure I am. You can too - count those days. It's not a long time in the big scheme of things and at the other end things will feel very different - the bad patterns will be broken.

xxx

Wise words Katy, about breaking patterns, thankyou. x

morning miss cakes! how you getting on today? im the same as you, fat collector round the bottom half! its awful, its like i've got two different bodies...! i would say im borderline a 16 on bottom but can even get into a ten on top - half woman half horse haha.

i had a moment this morning where i looked in the mirror and was disgusted, but can only imagine how disgusted id have felt a stone and half heavier, its gotta be coming off from somewhere?

good luck today, soon as weds is here the rest of the week will fly by - another day closer to pretty skirts and vest tops in summer instead of long jumper dresses and sweating like a donkey - i hope thats a distant memory!

xxx

Back