Katycakes Won't Give Up...

Glad the scales are still moving downwards Katy, well done for staying strong xx

Thanks Chelsea, Greeneyes & Jess! Still very happy, but have a feeling this could be a hungry day... sigh! Have lit the fire and not so chilly and pushing on with work...

xxx

more than one mousse! Lol. And your prize for the most words created from the phrase 'mousse time' is a delicious celery stick... and it goes to Bess!

xxx

Aww, thanks :eek:. I think Greeneyes should have it though,she found some more after I'd finished!

Well done on the scales moving down Katy! Fab! xx

Nobody wants my celery? I feel quite hurt...

xxx

aw thats fab news hun, another 1lb down, those 11's are calling you loudly! you are so close xxx

Congrats on the pound off -- more slowly off, less likely to come back on (or so I've heard).

I'm trying to keep warm: between the ketosis and damp air, it isn't easy.

BTW, I just read on Burn's Night (while waiting for my dental check up) and it seems that it is just an excuse to drink lots and lots of whiskey! My DH might like that... but I think I'd rather find an excuse to drink lots of lots of wine.

MM

Lol MM, I'd rather whisky, and better still Baileys... but promise my Burns Night tipple was a hot choc shake... ah well!

Trying to chivvy a friend to come out for a dog walk... so far no reply, might be just me and the mutt! I have just had my bar (chewy caramel) with a coffee and really enjoyed it, planning a hot cappacino shake at 3-sh and a hot choc at 6-7-ish, will see how I go. Too cold for a mousse today alas.

Bess, putting the celery in the post! (that's got you worried...)

DM, thanks... we can do this!

Blondie, fab to see you, I cannot wait to see 11s but it'll be bittersweet - was in 11s up until early Dec, and not happy about it at all... now I'm desperate to see them back. Will not treat them so lightly this time, I promise.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon!

xxx

Baileys...

Trying to chivvy a friend to come out for a dog walk... so far no reply, might be just me and the mutt!
xxx

Afternoon KC --

Yum, Baileys... have you tried Amaretto and diet coke? And, my friend and I discovered Malibu and Coffee when we were on holiday in Spain. Yummy.

If you haven't "Chivvy'ed" (And I need a translation on that one, please) your friend into walking with you and your wee hound -- may I suggest you join the fat-to-fit-foto walking challenge... it has been good fun.

I am doing it for the 3rd time today. You walk for at least 30 minutes briskly (worked out to 2 miles for me and my wee hound), and take a picture along the route relating to that day's theme. Today's theme is "Close Up". I am hoping to see signs of Spring and I will take a picture "close up". You can post up to 3 a day. It makes me look at the area with fresh eyes. I am planning to do walks elsewhere in the near future, but baby steps.

MM

@ Mel, friend could not be chivvied, she was on her way to Aberdeen for a birthday... ah well! We re-scheduled for next week. Had just been out for logs and seen SNOW falling from sky (I stood and stared at it in horror) and was back inside convincing myself an afternoon curled up in warm was the best solution, and then I read your post.

I like a challenge. (Well, sometimes I do... sometimes I really, really don't!). So I collared the dog and dragged her out and we walked briskly for 35 minutes and it didn't snow and I felt a million times better for it, even sneaked into a sheep-free field and went down to river and back up hill again and got nicely out of breath. It may not be BMF but it was a workout for me! Dog was in heaven, running around like a mad thing. I did take a pic, but not sure how or where to put it, will see if I can find the site later.

Anyway, feel all perked up, time to work a bit more and then I'll ahve my hot choc shake at 6, not so hungry this afternoon as I was this morning, phew. Lots of positive vibes on the boards, yay!

xxx

Awesome -- and I know that my little dog (actually, my DD's dog) is loving my "fitness routine".

I am getting an email every monring with the "assignment" (and the link is in it).

It was very easy for me to upload the photos to the site. (I am a neo-luddite... if I could have kept getting ribbons, I'd still be using my manual typewriter.)

I pasted the email below:

Welcome to our two newest members Sue and Christina.

Loved Laura’s shots yesterday. That mud!! Let’s not mention Cath’s blue skies (but only because I’m jealous)

Our next photo challenge is...CLOSE UP

Happy walks

Jen
www.fat-to-fit-foto.com
‘Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.’Einstein

PS Always tell someone where you plan to walk and be sensible. If it’s not safe, walk with friends or don’t walk at all.

Don’t stroll – walkbrisklyfor a minimum of 30 minutes a day and you will:

·Burn about 150 calories
·Reduce the risk of breast cancer by 20%
·Reduce the risk of heart disease by 30-40%,
·Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent diabetes and stroke by 50%
·Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety and enhance mental well being
·Lower blood pressure
·Increase cardiovascular endurance
·Raise your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (which is the good cholesterol)
·Lower your low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (which is the bad cholesterol)
·Maintain lean muscle
·Improve blood lipid profile
·Reduce the risk of cancer of the colon
·Reduce the pain and joint swelling that accompanies arthritis
·Increase weight loss and reduce body fat
·Increase bone density, hence helping to prevent osteoporosis

Mel

I collared the dog and dragged her out and we walked briskly for 35 minutes and it didn't snow and I felt a million times better for it, even sneaked into a sheep-free field and went down to river and back up hill again and got nicely out of breath. It may not be BMF but it was a workout for me!
xxx
At least your walk didn't kill you like my BMF. Torn stomach muscles and still in loads of pain since 10 days ago. I think I prefer yomping up and down Scottish hills with a doggy any day of the week :D

a yomp a day... definitely.

xxx

ohh minnie mel, amaretto and diet coke!! yum!

katy you've done sooo well, you said you was worried it was going to be a hungry day earlier on but you've made it this far!! and a walk aswell, i think those scales are going to be a bit less stubborn for you, i hope so anyway :D
xx

mmm, liking the drink suggestions too, I love amaretto...

xxx

@ Mel, have registered and tried to post my pic but they don't have a category for close-up yet in drop down list & it won't let me post it without a category... seems to be a bit of a faff, couldn't get registered easily either, they said there was a glitch? Wanted to see the other 'close up' photos but there're not there?

xxx

Hey Katy, Glad you're having a good day hun, walk sounds lovely! yay on the scales going down too hun. those 11's are getting closer.
Enjoy your evening
x

Evening Katy, glad the lbs are coming down. You know that if you stay with the diet it works, but it can be a struggle. But definitely worth it in the long/ short run.

I had a conversation with our dog walker this afternoon who rang me up to confirm walks for next week, plus to tell me that she things Ruby is getting a little fat :( Me and OH are slimming down and poor doggy is getting all the treats. So I left work early and took her out for a long walk with lots of running and chasing throughout it. I felt better when I got back, she was out of breath and has now passed out! A fat dog. I feel awful. I am a feeder... Need to take up jogging with her, or just leaving work early whilst it is light so we can have a good run out together.

Hope your hungry day didn't manifest itself too much. And that you have a great weekend. You are doing fab x

@ Mel, have registered and tried to post my pic but they don't have a category for close-up yet in drop down list & it won't let me post it without a category... seems to be a bit of a faff, couldn't get registered easily either, they said there was a glitch? Wanted to see the other 'close up' photos but there're not there?

xxx

Hi Katycakes,

If you were able to register then you should get an email tomorrow -- and then you will be able to go through the link and logon. Then you should be able to use the pull down menu and upload a photo. My photo for today is terrible -- but the walk was good.

MM

@ Mel, have unregistered from the website because it was all very glitchy - they had forgotten to put up the 'close-up' category so it wasn't me! On reflection though I thought I probably wouldn't be able to keep another online thing on the go! It IS a brilliant idea and they seem really nice, so it might suit other people - think I just had a bad experience! I will try to get someone to give me a challenge or somehow egg myself on to get out and walk each day, because that bit of the idea was just genius.

Hope everyone has a fab evening!

xxx

Back