Katy's Diary

Wow... I just looked at these pics... What an amazing transformation... I was a size 24/26 when I started and I'm now a 18/20 but I can't ever imagine looking 'normal' but these pics show how much your body can change!! Wow!! She much feel fantastic and very proud!!!

katycan said:
Hahahahaha! Thanks, girls! I'm not even selected for training yet, but hey! That's not something to stop me!

I asked my niece tonight on the phone if I should be a vicar and she said I'd be able to wear one of those black dress things and she thinks I'd look good in it. Hilarious! She's a card!

Birthday party Indian meal was good company, but really disappointed with food. I ordered tandoori and we were sharing carbs so I thought I'd get away with that. What I ordered was a gloopy sauce thing, where I was expecting a dry chicken piece, you know? I ate it, but really didn't enjoy and now feel really weeweed off because it really wasn't worth breaking diet for. Another lesson to be learned. Bah.

I realised I became old tonight... my housemate went out WITHOUT A COAT. I am concerned for her welfare. I even considered sending her a text - hahahahaha! She's a bit younger though, so she can probably handle a beer-jacket on a Friday night! I'm way past that. I like to stay COSY!

Weeweed off lol

Hmm yes I remember the days of the coatless night out, those were the days! Now I don't wear one cos I'm too big to fit them not because I'm to cool to coat it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow... I just looked at these pics... What an amazing transformation... I was a size 24/26 when I started and I'm now a 18/20 but I can't ever imagine looking 'normal' but these pics show how much your body can change!! Wow!! She much feel fantastic and very proud!!!

She's on week 25 and been wroking out since week 20! Amazing transformation!

bummer about the Indian disappointment :( Still, back on the horse today :D I'll check out the Instagram pics, not sure if I'm signed up on that site.

haha - I used to go clubbing just (well, not 'just') in an old cardi which I used to chuck in the corner to avoid paying £1 for the cloak room. Don't know how I did it!! My son refuses to wear a coat anywhere it's so infuriating and I find myself going on and on about it like an old nag. Yes, one of the signs of getting old. Another is preferring shoes to be comfy rather than sexy!!

Lou_G said:
one of the signs of getting old. Another is preferring shoes to be comfy rather than sexy!!

Hmm feet currently living permanently in 'shoe zone cheep version' of Uggs! Lol

Lol ladies I so agree with you. Big coats now and comfy shoes.

Not sure how to use Instagram but will have a go and try and find your friend. I can't imagine shrinking. I can understand weighing less but seem to think I will always be this size whatever I weigh

Hi ladies! I'm alive... I've just not had a chance to pop by. It's been um... an eventful few days. My housemate has been very ill and I've spent some time at hospital with her, she's back now though and all is well. It's a good job i'm off work so I can check she's ok. I've also had a mahoosive flare up of the knee. I'm 6 weeks post op now, and don't know if I've just pushed it too far or if there's something wrong. I'll go to DR this week, whenever I can get an appointment. It was ticking along quite nicely, and then... BOOM! Nothing as such happened... it just got swollen and won't behave as it has been!

This all leads me nicely on to telling you all I've flopped. I've not been able to stick to S&S with being at hosp and all the past 4 days have entailed... I think it really started with the curry the other night, to be honest. It wasn't nice at all, so I wanted some 'naughty' food that was going to be satisfying... come on... those days are OVER!!! Having a good ol' preach to myself now! I haven't gone crazy on the carbs/sugar or anything, I've just been off S&S, but I know it's going to hinder progress.

It's pretty easy to stick to with the right attitude, so I'm back on it tomorrow. Can't believe how many slip ups I've had on this. Anyway, we don't have any time for navel-gazing, do we? I really fancy chocolate, so I'm going to have a bar! :p

Onwards...

Hi ladies! I'm alive... I've just not had a chance to pop by. It's been um... an eventful few days. My housemate has been very ill and I've spent some time at hospital with her, she's back now though and all is well. It's a good job i'm off work so I can check she's ok. I've also had a mahoosive flare up of the knee. I'm 6 weeks post op now, and don't know if I've just pushed it too far or if there's something wrong. I'll go to DR this week, whenever I can get an appointment. It was ticking along quite nicely, and then... BOOM! Nothing as such happened... it just got swollen and won't behave as it has been!

This all leads me nicely on to telling you all I've flopped. I've not been able to stick to S&S with being at hosp and all the past 4 days have entailed... I think it really started with the curry the other night, to be honest. It wasn't nice at all, so I wanted some 'naughty' food that was going to be satisfying... come on... those days are OVER!!! Having a good ol' preach to myself now! I haven't gone crazy on the carbs/sugar or anything, I've just been off S&S, but I know it's going to hinder progress.

It's pretty easy to stick to with the right attitude, so I'm back on it tomorrow. Can't believe how many slip ups I've had on this. Anyway, we don't have any time for navel-gazing, do we? I really fancy chocolate, so I'm going to have a bar! :p

Onwards...

Everything just comes at once doesn't it? Glad your housemate is better now, shame about your knee though. I dislocated and broke my ankle in 3 places last year and had to have an op (abroad, lucky me :s) and mine flares up sometimes even if I haven't done anything physical. I don't think the weather helps either.

At least you're back now and with the right attitude. A couple days off may kick start your weight loss again. I've got a dress size to drop in less than 2 weeks and another 2 dress sizes in time for Xmas. Not sure how easy the second one if gonna be!

xx

katycan said:

Onwards...

Hey Hun well done for getting back to it and going for that bar instead of the chocolate, i think how we manage to get back up after a fall is more imp than how we fell in the first place. X

I hope both of you get better soon!

Aw! You're all so encouraging! Hope you have good days!

Ok, here's my news... I've been to dr today to have a knee moan and it turns out I have swelling which cd mean an infection or fluid. I've got some tablets but if they don't work I'll need to get it drained.

I've had rasp pack and yoghurt today and sitting here nursing tea I've realised... I've got a lot of swelling in leg which had prob affected scales!!! Also measuring leg on fri showed calf was an inch bigger which is clearly not cool!

I'm baking a red velvet cake for my friend & fam who is having a crappy time. Not touched it... Dark choc Truffa instead!

Well, happy Tues everyone!

katycan said:
Ok, here's my news... I've been to dr today to have a knee moan and it turns out I have swelling which cd mean an infection or fluid. I've got some tablets but if they don't work I'll need to get it drained.

I've had rasp pack and yoghurt today and sitting here nursing tea I've realised... I've got a lot of swelling in leg which had prob affected scales!!! Also measuring leg on fri showed calf was an inch bigger which is clearly not cool!

I'm baking a red velvet cake for my friend & fam who is having a crappy time. Not touched it... Dark choc Truffa instead!

Well, happy Tues everyone!

Ooh sounds painful Hun hope it gets sorted soon, at least it may explain weight differences. X

I've been to physio today already. I've to take it easy as knee balloons up after activity. It's all about tubigrip, ice and elevate. BORING!

My housemate is off work too, and although she knows I'm doing s&s and is supportive, it makes it really hard. I'm half tempted just to stay low carb til the weekend then do it properly. What do you think?

I'm not going crazy- like Lou said earlier, it makes you evaluate how much food you really need.

I've got my cryocuff- ice pack on knee, tubigrip, cup of tea and crap tv. I'll hazard a walk later! Wild!

I've been to physio today already. I've to take it easy as knee balloons up after activity. It's all about tubigrip, ice and elevate. BORING!

My housemate is off work too, and although she knows I'm doing s&s and is supportive, it makes it really hard. I'm half tempted just to stay low carb til the weekend then do it properly. What do you think?

I'm not going crazy- like Lou said earlier, it makes you evaluate how much food you really need.

I've got my cryocuff- ice pack on knee, tubigrip, cup of tea and crap tv. I'll hazard a walk later! Wild!

I'd stay on plan hunny. If your housemate is supportive she'll know not to try and tempt you with any naughties. You don't want to go off plan then struggle to get back on again, especially so close to Xmas which as we all know is notorious for ruining any hard work we've put in diet wise.

I love how determined you are with your knee, when I did my ankle I didn't even want to think about moving!

xx

Back