Kay's 2 week refeed (Teapot)

best of luck with your refeed Kay, delighted for you :) xxx

Would kill for a chicken salad right now x

Thanks Buttercup!

Emma, it won't be long for you now :)

How did it go today x

Hi Emma

Refeed day 3

Only back home about an hour (midnight now ;)) Had to roll with the punches yesterday. Can you believe the fancy place we went for lunch had no salad/chicken options. Ended up having a cheese & bacon burger & chips. Took the top of the bun off and discarded. Ate about 3/4 of the burger (which was quite tasty) and had 6 chips (also very tasty). Was so pleased I felt full quite quickly and was able to leave a lot. The waiter was concerned that I didn't enjoy the meal but I assured him I had but was really full :)

Dinner was a little easier to choose. Ended up having poached salmon with crushed new potatoes which was £32.00 (glad I wasn't paying) BTW the lamb option was nearly £50 and something else was £80/plate!! Michelin star restaurant!!! Very small portions for the main which suited me fine and I ate it all. Others at our table had starters (I skipped) and then they had a plate of small chocs instead of having desert. I had a couple of diet cokes, but mostly drank water during the day. Nice to see how the other half live :)

Last edited:
Refeed day 4 - 2nd May 2013

Day 4 went well! Has been more difficult that I expected when out and about to find suitable refeed options. I ended up in a tesco express just before 2pm trying to find a salad option, but was horrified how many calories were in the tubs! (some of them had over 700 cals). I ended up with a chicken and bacon sandwich with no mayo etc on granary bread which was 310 cals. I had a diet coke with it and it sustained be through the afternoon in Portcullis house. Had a shake at about 7pm after we got off the tubs and then I drove back to Sheffield and shoved a jacket spud in the microwave. I'd cooked up some chicken breasts previously which were in the fridge and made a quick salad. It was divine :)
Wasn't able to weigh yesterday morning as was in a hotel overnight but on my scales that are accurate with the pharmacies, I weigh 73.4Kg this morning which I'm chuffed to bits about. I know water weight may still effect this, and still hoping to stay under 74Kg by Monday morning. I am feeling full when I eat, and get full quickly. At some moments I do have to remind myself that I am indeed full, and a glass of water does the trick much the same as on while on LT proper, which was a great thing to learn.

Anyway, that is the update so far - only other thing is I'm really constipated atm (sorry) and was hoping to be able to avoid taking dulcolax. Will wait a little longer and see if anything happens... :)

Well done resisting all the temptations and chocs in the restaurant , you done well refeeding whole you were away. Keep up the good work x

Ooo! Where have you been Kay?

Glad you mentioned the constipation thing cos I was going to ask! :) Well done for staying strong while out and about your will power is amazing! xx

Hehe And

Went to the Oxo Tower Restaurant in London, do you know it?
Stunning view of the river and the sun was shining and later all the city lights were beautiful.

Was a really wonderful experience! :)

Not heard of it. I have to ask, does it have anything to do with gravy? :p

I've been to the Oxo Tower, it's incredible! We went at night time a few years ago. I think I had like quail to start and some amazing chicken dish for my main meal. Pricey as hell but well worth it the one time. Got to wear a suit!

Today is day 5 refeed - 3/5/2013

Food can't compare to Oxo Tower today, but been very tasty never the less!

Lunch at 1pm - Chicken fillet (cooked in onion and garlic) salad and jacket spud :)
5pm - Chocolate shake
10pm - Supper much the same as lunch, but I got daring and changed some of the salad ingredients ;)

Feeling quite full and not desperately hungry. Still drinking lots of water :)

Yum x

Wow Kay, sounds like you're having a fab time in London, which you very much deserve after all your hard work!! Well done for sticking to your plan too, I had no doubt you would :) thanks again for sharing your refeed with us, it's great to know for when we all get there :) xxx

i love reading this thread to see how well you're doing. Keep up the good work Kay :)

Do you feel you have more energy or about the same? X

Thanks guys!! I'm really loving this more than I thought. Weight this morning 73.5Kg

Emma, to answer your question first... I have noticed my energy returning and it's getting better every day. I do think it has much to do with eating carbs again - not much but it makes such a difference. When I was so big I was eating carbs attempt to give me energy (probably psychological) but found that invariably it had the opposite effect, so I felt the need to eat more carbs... and the cycle continued :(

I have been putting off doing so many things while on LT, as my energy levels were low, and I felt exhausted (and sometimes unwell) doing the slightest thing. Today, I've been and mowed the grass that desperately needed doing and have defrosted the freezer and done housework stuff that I've been avoiding. I'm so relieved that I feel able to do this now. I have been worrying that even though I'd lost so much weight, I still didn't really feel that much 'better' and more energetic in myself. I think the difference is starting to show and I'm feeling really positive, just took a few days to kick in.

On the eating side of things...

Still on track and finding I'm not starving hungry which is a blessing.
At the moment I'm so enjoying the salads that I haven't bothered with veg yet. Planning roast chicken tomorrow with all the trimmings so will have some veg then. Have just had my 5pm shake just after 6pm and wasn't sure whether I needed it, but thought I'd better stick to the programme.

Refeed day 6
1.30pm - Lunch Chicken and a very delicious salad (didn't have a jacket spud, was going to have a slice of seeded batch loaf but never got around to it) - I'm in love with balsamic vinegar on the salad :)
4pm - small pot of low fat strawberry yoghurt
6pm - Shake
9pm - Chicken and salad and jacket spud

I've been cooking a batch of chicken breasts that I keep in a container. I can have the chicken cold on my salad or bung it in the microwave and give it a quick blast to have it hot with my jacket spud. One of the nice things about LT was the convenience and being able to just grab something out the fridge is helping me and I don't have to think too hard about what I'm having next etc

Thanks for checking in on me!! x x x

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping us updated glad to hear Youve not put anything on, does that mean yourve lost a little bit then? Ive decided to start tomorrow because my sisters got a BBQ for her 21st next Sunday so I want to complete the refeed by then (even tho ill still only eat a small amount and won't be drinking)

Good to hear you have more energy Aswell and cooking chicken ready to heat is a excellent idea
xx

You'll do great Emma!!

So excited for you, just be sensible and be as prepared as you can. Keep drinking the water, it needs to be part of your day forever I think - it certainly will be part of mine. Yep, have lost about 1lb this week so far, but will check officially on Monday at the pharmacy. TOTM (again) so difficult to tell. Today is the first Saturday in months I've managed to go to the loo without having to take dulcolax - I'm sooo happy :) :)

Back