Kay's journey to health and happiness

Good evening :)

Hey Cookie :), well done on your sts hun, you had a fab weekend with your sis and really enjoyed the food. I'm so happy you've kept the 5.5 lbs off . Hope your having a great week.

Kay xx

I know what you mean , I know I had a bad couple of days emotion wise lol to say the least,
But I miss the challenges and telling each other how we have done that day and getting how the others had done ,
They will soon be here again tho xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Cookie :), well done on your sts hun, you had a fab weekend with your sis and really enjoyed the food. I'm so happy you've kept the 5.5 lbs off . Hope your having a great week.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, I see your killing it in the gym. I'm so pleased you've gone back to it and you sound like your enjoying it too. I won't get to mine this week, but still doing a little exercise keep the muscles moving. The classes are worth a try when you feel up for it, just for some variety & they're good for making friends, too. Did I tell you Brett & I met at the gym? :):):) xx

haha ! I'm the opposite Bev and very boring when it comes to the gym, I know they say you should vary your routine but I tend to stick to the same machines and do the same stuff over and over like a robot :D. I like to stick with the machines I enjoy. I did have an induction where they go over all the machines in the gym, but these 3 are my fav's, treadmill, cross trainer and the rowing machine :p. I do weights on alternate days too, making sure I take my rest days inbetween for the muscle to repair. I hope you enjoyed swimming, need to pop over to your diary in a mo :).

Kay xx

Your food looks amazing today hun!! I wish I could cook like you! :)

Well done on another action packed day at the gym. How long did you do? I'm so impressed by how many cals you're burning. I wish I could spend as long on the cross trainer/bike/treadmill as I know that's the best way to burn cals quickly, just wish I didn't get as bored. Think it'll be better when my mp3 player comes and I can stick some motivational music on, the music they play at my gym is rubbish!

Had a lovely swim today thanks hun, I'm back in the gym tomorrow though so will try and persevere a bit longer on those machines. Even if I just manage 10 mins on the bike, cross trainer, treadmill and rower its 40 minutes, plus with my weights routine and walking to work it's a decent workout. Dunno about you but I've started feeling so good after exercise, can really notice the difference from before as I feel so much happier! I was never depressed or anything before, but this week I can't stop smiling. I love those endorphins! :) xxx

Evening busy bee lol hope your well. Sounds like you had a good day xx

Hehe :), hello lovely, how are you ? Bet you lot are going to have a super duper time on Saturday, make sure you have my share of fun too, since I won't be there :( . Will be thinking of you all. Why does London have to be so far away ? :rolleyes: Take lots of pics please :p !

Kay xx

I know what you mean , I know I had a bad couple of days emotion wise lol to say the least,
But I miss the challenges and telling each other how we have done that day and getting how the others had done ,
They will soon be here again tho xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep that's what I miss too Von, but hopefully not long to go till the next one :), I'm glad your sounding a lot better today hun, makes me happy when your happy :p.

Kay xx

Yep that's what I miss too Von, but hopefully not long to go till the next one :), I'm glad your sounding a lot better today hun, makes me happy when your happy :p. Kay xx
Ahhh bless you , that's so kind, Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Kay, I see your killing it in the gym. I'm so pleased you've gone back to it and you sound like your enjoying it too. I won't get to mine this week, but still doing a little exercise keep the muscles moving. The classes are worth a try when you feel up for it, just for some variety & they're good for making friends, too. Did I tell you Brett & I met at the gym? :):):) xx

Indeed u did tell me :heartpump: I think that's such a sweet story, should keep my eyes open when I'm at the gym then :D hehe . Great your still doing some body magic. I'm not a fan of classes, I like doing my own thing with my mp3 player on, I'm in the zone and in my own world, have no idea what's going on around me while I am powering away ! :whacky068: hehe

Kay xx

Your food looks amazing today hun!! I wish I could cook like you! :)

Well done on another action packed day at the gym. How long did you do? I'm so impressed by how many cals you're burning. I wish I could spend as long on the cross trainer/bike/treadmill as I know that's the best way to burn cals quickly, just wish I didn't get as bored. Think it'll be better when my mp3 player comes and I can stick some motivational music on, the music they play at my gym is rubbish!

Had a lovely swim today thanks hun, I'm back in the gym tomorrow though so will try and persevere a bit longer on those machines. Even if I just manage 10 mins on the bike, cross trainer, treadmill and rower its 40 minutes, plus with my weights routine and walking to work it's a decent workout. Dunno about you but I've started feeling so good after exercise, can really notice the difference from before as I feel so much happier! I was never depressed or anything before, but this week I can't stop smiling. I love those endorphins! :) xxx

I love the endorphins too :D ! I think having my mp3 player makes a huge difference to my workout. I too don't like the gym music, I prefer my own playlists which I workout to. You'll also find over time you will be able to do more as your fitness level increases. That's what happened with me when I first started. On the treadmill my incline and speed were both lower, but I'm a lot faster now, I still can't run lol, but I walk fast, I still sweat so its a good workout for me. And I am in love with the rowing machine, its my fav of them all, its a full body workout and one of the trainers at the gym told me its one of the top machines for fat burning. It's true because I burn almost twice as many cals per minute than I do say on the cross trainer. I wish I new how to swim :rolleyes:, I only know how to drown :p.

Kay xx

Hehe :), hello lovely, how are you ? Bet you lot are going to have a super duper time on Saturday, make sure you have my share of fun too, since I won't be there :( . Will be thinking of you all. Why does London have to be so far away ? :rolleyes: Take lots of pics please :p !

Kay xx

Lol I think you will be inundated with pics - we may get snap happy with the cameras xx Im really looking forward to it

Lol I think you will be inundated with pics - we may get snap happy with the cameras xx Im really looking forward to it

Can't wait to see the pics either :), did you all decide on Chinese food in the end ?

Kay xx

I think were 99% certain it will be Chinese and then a coffee shop later for a nice relaxing cuppa :D

...and where is the alcohol taking place ? :party0036: :D

Kay xx

I love the endorphins too :D ! I think having my mp3 player makes a huge difference to my workout. I too don't like the gym music, I prefer my own playlists which I workout to. You'll also find over time you will be able to do more as your fitness level increases. That's what happened with me when I first started. On the treadmill my incline and speed were both lower, but I'm a lot faster now, I still can't run lol, but I walk fast, I still sweat so its a good workout for me. And I am in love with the rowing machine, its my fav of them all, its a full body workout and one of the trainers at the gym told me its one of the top machines for fat burning. It's true because I burn almost twice as many cals per minute than I do say on the cross trainer. I wish I new how to swim :rolleyes:, I only know how to drown :p.

Kay xx

I enjoy the rowing machine too! Those concept 2 machines are pretty cool, I set mine to do intervals - 500m splits with 1 minute rest. Works out 25 cals each 500m, like you say that's really good compared to the other machines. My ex boyfriend is an indoor rowing world record holder (we were one hell of an ODD couple, lol) so kinda got hooked on it as he had a £2000 rowing machine in his garage, LOL! :eek:

Aww you'd love swimming I'm sure of it. My pool do some beginners classes so if you see anything near you I'd def check it out. Great exercise for burning cals.

xxx

I think most of us are behaving :D I'll have 1 glass of wine as im driving to train station and back so cant have any more than that x

Smart thinking to take the car :D, going to pop over to your diary to see your foodage for today :).

Kay xx

I enjoy the rowing machine too! Those concept 2 machines are pretty cool, I set mine to do intervals - 500m splits with 1 minute rest. Works out 25 cals each 500m, like you say that's really good compared to the other machines. My ex boyfriend is an indoor rowing world record holder (we were one hell of an ODD couple, lol) so kinda got hooked on it as he had a £2000 rowing machine in his garage, LOL! :eek:

Aww you'd love swimming I'm sure of it. My pool do some beginners classes so if you see anything near you I'd def check it out. Great exercise for burning cals.

xxx

I did try to go to some of the classes but did not gel with the teacher and I get claustrophobia if I have to have my head under water and a bit of vertigo, it makes me feel sick and unbalanced. I have just accepted that swimming and me don't go lol. It's strange because both my sisters can swim :D.

Kay xx

I did try to go to some of the classes but did not gel with the teacher and I get claustrophobia if I have to have my head under water and a bit of vertigo, it makes me feel sick and unbalanced. I have just accepted that swimming and me don't go lol. It's strange because both my sisters can swim :D.

Kay xx

My Mum is exactly the same, can't stand her head going underwater. Ah well, there are loads of different exercises you can do and sounds like you're kicking ass at the gym. Really hope you're in for a fab loss this week hun xxx

Back