Kay's journey to health and happiness

Sheila your food diary has been fab and you swung into action last week after the gain, my crystal ball says here that you going to have a fab loss this week. Did I tell you I do tarot cards ? :D hehe I'm not kidding I do. If only I could predict my own weightloss, wouldn't that be great, or even better the lottery numbers :p, then I'd have enough money for a home gym, I'd hire a FIT instructor and a chef that cooks me all these slimming meals ! :p What do you think, sounds like a good plan ? Popping over to your diary in a minute x

Kay xx

Awww thanks Kay I feel ive had a good week hun. Oooooo can you give me the lottery numbers please lol . A fit instructor and chef sound just the ticket mmmm xx

Day's been good :D

Yes we went to the gym... I tried out all the new stations I had added to my programme :character00115:

Oh wow bcp, well done. I'm loving your dedication to hit the gym nearly everyday this week. When I was at the gym, I only used to have the machines in manual mode (lazy bugger I am :p) the programs are quite high intensity, I tried one on the treadmill and nearly flew off the machine when it goes crazy mad on the incline, never again :D. Well done for sticking to it. Your new tonned body is going to get you lots of attention mrs :) !

Kay xx

Oh wow bcp, well done. I'm loving your dedication to hit the gym nearly everyday this week. When I was at the gym, I only used to have the machines in manual mode (lazy bugger I am :p) the programs are quite high intensity, I tried one on the treadmill and nearly flew off the machine when it goes crazy mad on the incline, never again :D. Well done for sticking to it. Your new tonned body is going to get you lots of attention mrs :) !

Kay xx

We went two days in a row with the induction and the visit after that, but are going every other day.... when you do strength training you need to give the muscles 36 to 48 hours in between to recover or you actually build less muscle... I used to go 5 days a week but I had to do split training then... where you work different muscle groups on alternating days and it still allows the right recovery time.... On the other days I do some other kind of exercise at home

Hi Lindsey :), I'm sure the scales will move in your favour, sometimes its just water retention, I hope you have a fab loss. I wanted to ask, do you have a dairy on here ? :p I'd love to sub.

Kay xx
I don't have a diary on here, just write in a note book. Maybe I should start one.........

We went two days in a row with the induction and the visit after that, but are going every other day.... when you do strength training you need to give the muscles 36 to 48 hours in between to recover or you actually build less muscle... I used to go 5 days a week but I had to do split training then... where you work different muscle groups on alternating days and it still allows the right recovery time.... On the other days I do some other kind of exercise at home

That's really good bcp, your right, it is important for the muscles to rest or it can cause injury, my trainer used to tell me that. It's great that your alternating between both your upper and lower body. I will pop over to your diary to see your daily eats :p .

Any word from Issy ? :(

Kay xx

I don't have a diary on here, just write in a note book. Maybe I should start one.........

Yep Lindsey that's a great idea. When I came on mins I resisted for a while and since starting one this year I wish I had done it earlier. It really helps with the losses, writing down your daily food. Also other members can help you out if you're missing something and its great to share ideas :D . And when you start, I'll be the first to sub :p.

Kay xx

Ooh Kay, I love the sound of having a fitness instructor but I think it'd be tough, a chef would be excellent, oh and a cleaner too! Oh to win the lottery would make this SW journey a lot easier. Meals sound good today, your loss has Ben good to day you've had higher than normal syns, maybe having them gives you a better result? Xx

Ooh Kay, I love the sound of having a fitness instructor but I think it'd be tough, a chef would be excellent, oh and a cleaner too! Oh to win the lottery would make this SW journey a lot easier. Meals sound good today, your loss has Ben good to day you've had higher than normal syns, maybe having them gives you a better result? Xx

Yep cookie I have done a lot of experimenting in the past with syns. First I thought if I have less I will lose more but actually my losses slowed down. But as soon as I have anything between 7-15 I have a decent loss. I know its different for everyone, but that seems to be what happens to me. Of course if I go over them, then I have a gain.

About the lottery :D...because I'm greedy I'd want both...a fit gym instructor and a fit home chef, because if you don't workout or you overeat, there will be plenty of other ways to burn those calories :D:D .

Kay xx

That's really good bcp, your right, it is important for the muscles to rest or it can cause injury, my trainer used to tell me that. It's great that your alternating between both your upper and lower body. I will pop over to your diary to see your daily eats :p .

Any word from Issy ? :(

Kay xx

Not a peep from Issy sadly....

I don't have to alternate body parts anymore because I only do strength training every other day now...

Sorry bcp got mixed up with your earlier post. Strength training is good also. I used to do the tricep extention for my bingo wings. Do you know of any exercises good to target saggy arms, I have lose skin :rolleyes: ? I need serious toning.

Sad to hear no word from our friend Issy. :confused:

Kay xx

What kind of strength training do you do please?

Hi Cookie.... Hubby and I have recently taken out a membership at a local gym. I am using machines which focus on all different muscles and you can easily adjust the amount of weight for resistance.... not quite as effective as using free weights, but safer and easier to control.

Sorry bcp got mixed up with your earlier post. Strength training is good also. I used to do the tricep extention for my bingo wings. Do you know of any exercises good to target saggy arms, I have lose skin :rolleyes: ? I need serious toning.

Sad to hear no word from our friend Issy. :confused:

Kay xx

That is a hard area to tone, but I would recommend you google exercises for hand weights (if you don't have any you can use a couple of food cans) and have a look on you tube for Callanetics under arm tightener

Lets just hope Issy is too busy having fun at the moment xx

Thanks bcp, yep I'll check out utube for the exercises. I really hope what your saying is right, hope Issy is having a fun time :).

Kay xx

Last edited:
Thanks bcp I need to do weights really.

Anyway off to bed night night Kay have a good day tomorrow xx

Thanks bcp I need to do weights really.

Anyway off to bed night night Kay have a good day tomorrow xx

Just wrote on your diary :D, night night cookie, will have a catch up tom.

Kay xx

I think I'm off to bed too, my laptop is literally slipping off my bed :D, before it crashes on the floor, I think I best hit the pillow :). Night night ev1, will catchup with you all tomorrow.

Hugs Kay xx

Just popping in to say hi! I think that we're in and around the same weight so I'm popping in here to see how/what you're doing!!

Just popping in to say hi! I think that we're in and around the same weight so I'm popping in here to see how/what you're doing!!

Hi sus_murf, how are you? Thanks for dropping by to read my diary. Do you have a dairy on here I will sub ? I see our stats are similar :)

Kay xx

Hi everyone :) . It's pouring cats and dogs outside :( gloomy weather, its freezing cold. I'm having a nice hot cup of Beannies syn free Irish Cream coffee :7834: , that's keeping me warm while I'm typing away here :character00254: . Looking up some sw recipes and thinking of what to make for dinner tonight, not sure yet, feel like some real comfort food :D. Dessert will be an orange and chocolate cheesecake :eating: can't wait . Will snoop around now and catch up on all your diaries :p.

Kay xx

Back