Kay's journey to health and happiness

I think I might need to see the doc, my back is still hurting and not getting better :sigh:, going to take some pain killers to get rid of this awful pain. Didn't sleep a wink last night. I've only managed 1 day at the gym this week so don't think I will lose 3lbs by next week. Now I'm thinking I will be happy with 1lb even :rolleyes:. I've also got a cold and was going to take some lemsip, does anyone know if it has syns ?

I haven't planned what I'm going to eat for dinner tonight. Something quick to prepare I think. I don't fancy standing in the kitchen for ages. I'm actually having one of those days where I can't think of what I want to eat :rolleyes: . I didn't buy any mugshots in this weeks shop, now I'm thinking I could have done with one for lunch. Anyway I guess I'll start looking around on here for some quick and tasty recipe ideas..........

Oh speaking of dips Kay, I've taking to making my own syn-free hummus, fab with chopped veg & helps me keep away from the crisps. Fills a gap for tv munchies :D

Your hummus dip sounds lovely and healthy Izzy. It's great to have things like that on the ready so that we don't end up picking on chocolates and crisps. A much healthier choice. :)

Kay xx

Your hummus dip sounds lovely and healthy Izzy. It's great to have things like that on the ready so that we don't end up picking on chocolates and crisps. A much healthier choice. :)

Kay xx

I just love chilli nachos Kay but I won't stop till the family size bag is gone, so this is my alternative.

How you feeling today?Did you make it to the gym?

I just love chilli nachos Kay but I won't stop till the family size bag is gone, so this is my alternative.

How you feeling today?Did you make it to the gym?

I think u missed my earlier post :D. Nope haven't been well, missed the gym and I have a cold, feel like crap basically :sigh: . I need to go see the doc. It's been a few months since my op but I'm starting to feel a little discomfort again so I think I need to ease myself into exercise slowly, although inside I wish I could hit the gym everyday with the amount I need to lose. Anyway I have to go at the pace my body is allowing me too. I hope I lose 1lb by next week. I'm trying to watch my food at least. Talking of food, I love Nachos too :p my fav are the one's I used to get at TGI's with all the melted cheese ontop, yum yum ! Your making me hungry Izzy :eek: . How has your day been so far ?

Kay xx

Take it easy. Wait til your cold eased off and your back before gyming it again .

I love nachos too - spesh with loadsa cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeño chillies. !!! Soooo fattening but delish !

I think u missed my earlier post :D. Nope haven't been well, missed the gym and I have a cold, feel like crap basically :sigh: . I need to go see the doc. It's been a few months since my op but I'm starting to feel a little discomfort again so I think I need to ease myself into exercise slowly, although inside I wish I could hit the gym everyday with the amount I need to lose. Anyway I have to go at the pace my body is allowing me too. I hope I lose 1lb by next week. I'm trying to watch my food at least. Talking of food, I love Nachos too :p my fav are the one's I used to get at TGI's with all the melted cheese ontop, yum yum ! Your making me hungry Izzy :eek: . How has your day been so far ?

Kay xx

Sorry Kay, I did miss that post,think you posted at the same time as me. You poor thing, you need a duvet day with a box-set & loads of fluids :bighug:Meds are not synned, I think lemsips are a rip-off, just pop some generic paracetemol & cuddle up with some of that lovely coffee you got this week. Have had wooly head today after the migraine yesterday, tired & my washing machine needs a visit from the repair guy :(

Hi Kay - Sorry to disappoint but lemsips do have syns hun

Lemsip, all varieties , per sachet
½​

This is from SW online, some cough medicines also have syns. Its the sugar content :-(

Make sure you go back to docs hun x

Hi Kay - Sorry to disappoint but lemsips do have syns hun

Lemsip, all varieties , per sachet
½​

This is from SW online, some cough medicines also have syns. Its the sugar content :-(

Make sure you go back to docs hun x

Oh really Texty, I didn't know that, no way I'd spend syns on them.

Its medicine !! So to me the syns are negligible !! ( also like wine !!!;))

Thank you ladies, feeling a bit better now. In the end I went for twinnings ginger tea with 1/2 tsp honey (1/2 syn) and a slice of lemon, think its done the job :) .

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x1 Orange
cheese and tomato toastie
x2 slices wm bread (HEb)
full fat margarine spread (5 syns ) run out of the low fat one :eek:
30g Chedder Cheese (HEa)

Lunch -
Syn Free Veg Soup (made this in batches, getting a bit bored now :rolleyes: )

Dinner -
Syn Free Chickpea and Potato Curry with a green salad

Drinks -
Beanies Irish Cream Coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)
Fennel Tea
1L of water (need to drink more)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies, feeling a bit better now. In the end I went for twinnings ginger tea with 1/2 tsp honey (1/2 syn) and a slice of lemon, think its done the job :) .

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x1 Orange
cheese and tomato toastie
x2 slices wm bread (HEb)
full fat margarine spread (5 syns ) run out of the low fat one :eek:
30g Chedder Cheese (HEa)

Lunch -
Syn Free Veg Soup (made this in batches, getting a bit bored now :rolleyes: )

Dinner -
Syn Free Chickpea and Potato Curry with a green salad

Drinks -
Irish Cream Coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)
Fennel Tea
1L of water (need to drink more)

Yor food sounds good Kay, its so easy to eat rubbish when you're feeling unwell, so well done you. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Yor food sounds good Kay, its so easy to eat rubbish when you're feeling unwell, so well done you. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Thanks Izzy I still feel bad about clocking up 10 syns :rolleyes: could have reduced that by half without the full fat margarine. I need to go food shopping. You know when u get to that stage when there is nothing healthy left to eat in the kitchen and the naughties in the fridge and cupboard are calling u :eek: . Yep I need to go shopping ! How has your day been, is the cake pic up ? :)

Kay xx

Hi Kay hope the home remedy has done the trick hun and that your feeling better soon. Food sounds lush xx

Thanks Sheila, I just wrote on your diary just now too :D .

Thanks Izzy I still feel bad about clocking up 10 syns :rolleyes: could have reduced that by half without the full fat margarine. I need to go food shopping. You know when u get to that stage when there is nothing healthy left to eat in the kitchen and the naughties in the fridge and cupboard are calling u :eek: . Yep I need to go shopping ! How has your day been, is the cake pic up ? :)

Kay xx

Ah well you've been frugal all week with your syns so no harm done. Get your pen & paper out & do your shopping list & stick to it, I find if I do this & keep my head down, I'll leave the supermarket with what I actually need & not get my head turned by offers.

Girl at my Group this week brought in jars of low fat sauces that are on offer in tesco this week, the syns were amazing in them, one bloody jar was 14syns:eek: I told her no way, even if shared it wasn't worth it & to come on here & check your recipe thread out.

My keys are abit dodgy on my laptop, my fault, een eating & surfing, not a great combo lol, I'll have to give a good shake & hoover to get the crumbs out :D

Back