Kay's journey to health and happiness

Oh wow, all this talk of breakfast reminded me of my old favourite - raisin and cinnamon bagel with butter - just checked and its about 15 syns!! D'oh! :rolleyes:

The breakfast burrito looks really yummy though x

If you've not tried the magic pancakes yet they're lovely for breakfast, had mine today and loved them! :) Hope you had a good day Kay and all x

If you've not tried the magic pancakes yet they're lovely for breakfast, had mine today and loved them! :) Hope you had a good day Kay and all x

Yep will defo be making them, just about to post my daily eats :).

Kay xx

Oh wow, all this talk of breakfast reminded me of my old favourite - raisin and cinnamon bagel with butter - just checked and its about 15 syns!! D'oh! :rolleyes:

The breakfast burrito looks really yummy though x

oh wow you've got me thinking Bev :p, what would be a slimmer version of a raisin cinnamon bagel with butter yum yum :D.

Kay xx

...just about to post my daily eats peeps. No food pics today :( forgot to charge my phone, whoopsie :p !

I thought I was the only person these days who forgets to charge :D

TODAYS EATS

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
Smoked Salmon Roll
x1 wm roll (heb)
60g smoked salmon (heb)
x1 low low cheese slice (hea)
1 tbsp. ketchup 1 syn
1 tsp flora lighter than light 0.5 syns
1 tsp asda mustard sauce 0.5 syns
capers - free
salad - free

Snacks -
x2 apples
x2 Alpen Light Double Choc Bars 5 syns
x1 Muller ff Banana Custard - free

Lunch -
Lentil Curry with salad - free

Dinner -
SW Chilli Con Carne - free (from yesterday)
with Tilda Brown Rice Pouch 2.5 syns
salad - free

Dessert -
Activia 0% fat Strawberry Yogurt - free
Meringue Nest 2.5 syns
Summer Fruits on top - free

Drinks -
Options Hot Choc 16g - 2.5 syns
x1 ginger tea
Robinsons Squash nas - free
1L of water

TOTAL SYNS = 14.5 :p need to have a low syn day tom, more free food !

MAGIC PANCAKES by SMUFFIN :D

Prep time
2 mins

Cook time
10 mins

Total time
12 mins

Magic Pancakes – Syn Free on all plans
Author: karen
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: British
Serves: 1

Ingredients

• 35g porridge oats
  • half muller light yoghurt
  • 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
  • 2 eggs

Instructions

1. place your 35g of porridge oats in a bowl & mix with half a muller light yoghurt
  2. leave this mixture overnight in the fridge
  3. Then in the morning whisk 2 eggs into the mixture
  4. Add 2 tbsp of sweetener
  5. Pre heat a large frying pan and spray with fry light – medium heat
  6. Use a desert spoon and measure out roughly 12 small pancakes
  7. Fry one side for about 4-5 minutes until it stops bubbling
  8. Flip over and cook for further 3-4 minutes until golden brown
  9. Serve with some fresh fruit of your choice or any other syn free accompaniment

I firstly tried to make them by pouring the whole mixture into a big frying pan, cooked slow but it turned out a bit of an eggy mess and I couldnt turn it without it breaking up — so tip for you —– keep them small and use a desert spoon of mixture to make small round pancakes. This makes sure they do not break up and also they cook properly. Here is the recipe I have tweaked which worked the best for making these.

Lindsey, Smuffin says they are ment to be yummy on the tummy, I will defo try them out :D. How have you been ?

Kay xx

Evening Kay - another lovely food day hun well done x

Thanks Sheila, been going quite high on the synage, need to calm down and start eating more free food :p .

Kay xx

It all looks fab!!!!

Sounds brilliant and those pancakes sound great too! You'll get a fab result this week!

Ruth
Xx

It all looks fab!!!!

Sounds brilliant and those pancakes sound great too! You'll get a fab result this week!

Ruth
Xx

Thanks Ruth, although I've stuck within the plan with my syns, I still feel I'm not eating enough free food, so going to up my game from tomorrow hopefully fo a good loss next week. How are you feeling about next week ?

Kay xx

Porridge oat pancakes? Sounds a bit weird. You can be crash test dummy Kay and give me your verdict! I am fine thanks. Had lovely stew and mash for dinner but as usual am craving something sweet but it's WI tomorrow morning so don't want to eat too much. I hope I have lost a pound, but wasn't showing a loss on Monday when I had a sneaky peak. My great nephew is being christened on Sunday so going back home to Birmingham on Saturday morning for the weekend. Diet is bound to crash and burn although I will try to make sensible food choices and not drink! It will be nice to see my mom and dad and hopefully catch up with my brothers and their families.

Hi Lindsey I will let you know how they are once I try them out :p . It's nice that you'll have a good catch with your family on the weekend, hope you have a nice time, I'm sure you'll enjoy all the food and drink :). You can always start over on Monday. Your dinner sounds lush. Have a fat free yogurt for dessert or a hot chocolate to satisfy your sweet craving, its low in syns . Good luck for weigh in tomorrow morning hun. I'm sure you'll have a nice loss. Fingers crossed for you.

Kay xx

Back