Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hey hun, sounds like our Saturdays are pretty similar. I'm off to Asda soon too. Those pancakes look great, I was only saying the other day that with shrove Tuesday around the corner I really fancy some!

Have a lovely day xxx

Morning Kay! Thats great about the gym! :) Just had my pancakes about an hour or two ago, posted them on my diary though as didn't want to intrude yours lol. I know how you feel with breakfast, every day it feels like I am shovelling it down just for the sake of it. And now I've eatten pancakes, all I can do is check the time wondering how long I can put off lunch for. Before this I was never big with eatting meals, usually just dinner in the evening and the odd snack here and there. But needs must! Hope you have a fab day :) x

Ok so after having spent the last hour doing a full survey of my kitchen, (fridge. freezer, cupboards) turns out I'm not so low on stock afterall. It's amazing what you find when you give your kitchen a good tidy :p. I am on a budget this month so need to spend wisely. I was watching Jamie Olivers programme this week where he talks about rotating your stock, date wise with new stuff at the back of the fridge and old stuff forward, otherwise you can end up buying 10 bottles of the same stuff :D just like me ! If I go Asda today then I will want to open all the new stuff and end up wasting what's in the fridge already, which can last me till next week. So moral of the story is, I've put my sensible head on and decided to shop next week :).

Hey hun, sounds like our Saturdays are pretty similar. I'm off to Asda soon too. Those pancakes look great, I was only saying the other day that with shrove Tuesday around the corner I really fancy some!

Have a lovely day xxx

Hi Bev, ...the pic was not mine lol :D. Hope your having a fab Saturday. I will pop over to your diary shortly, want to see how your doing and got a few questions hope you don't mind answering :).

Morning Kay! Thats great about the gym! :) Just had my pancakes about an hour or two ago, posted them on my diary though as didn't want to intrude yours lol. I know how you feel with breakfast, every day it feels like I am shovelling it down just for the sake of it. And now I've eatten pancakes, all I can do is check the time wondering how long I can put off lunch for. Before this I was never big with eatting meals, usually just dinner in the evening and the odd snack here and there. But needs must! Hope you have a fab day :) x

Hi smuffin, your not intruding hun, but yes anymore talk of pancakes and I was thinking of renaming my diary, `The Pancake Diaries ' lol :D. I know what you mean about feeling full, but I guess you have to eat when your hungry. That's why if it's early morning then I just have fruit and a tea so I can eat lunchtime, but if I can eat later after 11.30am then I don't mind some breakfast then I may skip lunch and just have dinner in the evening. I guess we are all bound by when we feel hungry to eat. I'm really happy that I can resume the gym next week :). I will pop over to your diary to see how your doing.

Morning Kay!!

I'm like that of a morning. It's not smells with me it's just I can't eat if I'm tired then have to travel.
let me know if you get any good bargains from asda. It's not my local shop but I have a few not too far a way which a can go and get bits. I need some more chick pea Dahl .
Are you taking the jan/feb mag ? I've got the digital subscription on my iPad. I'll have to have a look bk through my mags myself. Thankfully I've got leftovers in the freezer to help me this week.

Happy shopping! X

Hi Kitty, well done on your loss this week hun. I'm really happy for you :). I will be shopping next week now and will take the mag with me otherwise I sometimes forget stuff. Lucky you've got leftovers to last you till next week, I'm the same just checked and seem to be ok on stock :p. I will spend the rest of today planning recipes for next week which I have not done yet. I will pop over to your diary soon to see how you are getting on.

Kay xx

Sorry if I gate crashed your diary Kay.

It's not crashed it's still working :D, well done on your loss this week Lindsey :). I'm not just saying this I really do mean it, you will find having a diary on here really helps. We all share recipes tips and ideas together, and it will really help with your losses too, at least I've found it's helped me, by keeping a food diary on here it's helped tremendously, and the support you will get is amazing, not only that it will give you a space to talk about things your passionate about. Oh I loved your pic hun :p, I'm just not a pc fan myself but we all have different likes and dislikes and that's healthy.

Kay xx

Last edited:
Hello Kay. I rotate my stock too, however I'm my mothers daughter & if its an item I always buy and its on offer I have to buy it. So currently I have 5, yes 5 bottles of fry light in, 14 tins of baked beans, 12 rice pouches although only 3 are mine. Crazy? Absolutely but there you go & I'll still go shopping tomorrow but I'll try not to over do it. :)
Any plans today Kay? X

Hello Kay. I rotate my stock too, however I'm my mothers daughter & if its an item I always buy and its on offer I have to buy it. So currently I have 5, yes 5 bottles of fry light in, 14 tins of baked beans, 12 rice pouches although only 3 are mine. Crazy? Absolutely but there you go & I'll still go shopping tomorrow but I'll try not to over do it. :)
Any plans today Kay? X

hehe :p, oh I'm a real food horder Cookie, I get tempted by offers too, but I'm working on it and getting a lot better, hence cancelled shopping trip today after doing a proper stock of my kitchen, turns out I have enough to last me till next week. Well boring day for me, did some housework in the morning. I'm not going out but my sister might come around for dinner tonight and we may just watch a movie at home. Have no idea what I'm going to cook tonight. Still looking up recipes :p. Also trying to charge my batteries and enjoy this time off because next week I want to start the gym and I know when I start after a long period of time, my body aches for at least the first week then I'm ok after that. How about you, any nice plans for the weekend ?

Kay xx

Just promise you will take it nice and slow in the gym.... don't want you broken xx

I agree with bcp, take it easy and enjoy it.

Tonight I'm out with 3 girls from work but were all based in different places so it'll be nice to catch up, although if I'm honest I'm a bit run down and could do a post pone, I've got a horrid cold sore :( hopefully they won't notice my little growth! :|

I agree with bcp, take it easy and enjoy it.

Tonight I'm out with 3 girls from work but were all based in different places so it'll be nice to catch up, although if I'm honest I'm a bit run down and could do a post pone, I've got a horrid cold sore :( hopefully they won't notice my little growth! :|

Boo to the cold sore Cookie :rolleyes: hope it gets better soon :). I'm sure you'll have so much fun, no one will notice. Hope you have a lovely evening out with your friends .

Kay xx

Have a great time Cookie

I like your idea of moving thinfs forward... I looked in the back of my cupboard for veg stock and found lots of out of date stuff... I hate waste
Hope your having a great weekend :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I like your idea of moving thinfs forward... I looked in the back of my cupboard for veg stock and found lots of out of date stuff... I hate waste
Hope your having a great weekend :) x

Hi Brittany :) hope your having a fab Saturday. I will be looking forward to your cheese and broccoli bake recipe on tues :p. Yep I had a good old sort out of the kitchen this morning. It's amazing what you find when things are tidy :D. I guess I have to more organised since I'm on a budget this month so need to shop wisely. I've started to get better at rotating stuff in the fridge so I don't end up with waste :rolleyes:. Your food diary has been good this week. I think I might change tactics this week and go red, not done that for a while, I'm usually a green gal :).

Kay xx

Hi Brittany :) hope your having a fab Saturday. I will be looking forward to your cheese and broccoli bake recipe on tues :p. Yep I had a good old sort out of the kitchen this morning. It's amazing what you find when things are tidy :D. I guess I have to more organised since I'm on a budget this month so need to shop wisely. I've started to get better at rotating stuff in the fridge so I don't end up with waste :rolleyes:. Your food diary has been good this week. I think I might change tactics this week and go red, not done that for a while, I'm usually a green gal :).

Kay xx

Love a green day :)... ive never done a red day being veggie but I do like to mix it up with extra easy and green
Because im on a budget aswell I buy asda tinned potatoes for 14p rather than fresh they are lovely and because they are tinned u dont have to worry about them growing things hehe
Xx

Love a green day :)... ive never done a red day being veggie but I do like to mix it up with extra easy and green
Because im on a budget aswell I buy asda tinned potatoes for 14p rather than fresh they are lovely and because they are tinned u dont have to worry about them growing things hehe
Xx

Ditto :), I buy loads of tinned veggies and lots of frozen fruit and veg, lasts me much longer :D . I always shop at Asda's although heard lots of great things about Aldi's but my nearest one is a bit far. I've always done green, but I consider myself a veggie that eats fish and chicken on occasion :p, otherwise I'm quite happy with Quorn and don't miss meat.

Kay xx

Ditto :), I buy loads of tinned veggies and lots of frozen fruit and veg, lasts me much longer :D . I always shop at Asda's although heard lots of great things about Aldi's but my nearest one is a bit far. I've always done green, but I consider myself a veggie that eats fish and chicken on occasion :p, otherwise I'm quite happy with Quorn and don't miss meat.

Kay xx

Yeah aldi is fab.. I always get my fruit from there.. but cnt really fault asda either... I dont like tesco's fruit it doesnt last too long... yeah my peppers are now frozen never buy fresh
Love quorn but find it expensive, ive heard a lot about asda meat free meatballs.. need to try them xx

Yep its funny you mentioned Asda's meat free range, I need to check it out as an alternative, I'm always trying to shop cheaper, I too find quorn very expensive. Last week they had a deal on the quorn chicken fillets for £1, I missed it :( boo ! I've heard alot about Aldi's super 6, they are ment to have really good deals :).

Kay xx

I do my main shop in Aldi - they are everywhere here in Ireland - they've made shopping so much cheaper - although I do find the slimming world plan quite expensive, but so much healthier! I had to go to three supermarkets today to get all that I needed for the week!!

Kay, I took your advice and set up my diary, hope that will keep me on track a bit - I'm enjoying reading yours!

I do my main shop in Aldi - they are everywhere here in Ireland - they've made shopping so much cheaper - although I do find the slimming world plan quite expensive, but so much healthier! I had to go to three supermarkets today to get all that I needed for the week!!

Kay, I took your advice and set up my diary, hope that will keep me on track a bit - I'm enjoying reading yours!

Just subd to your diary hun :), glad you've started one of your own, looking forward to your posts :p !

Kay xx

Back