Kay's journey to health and happiness

Both my Aldi,Asda and Tesco are miles away! :( I'm getting all my stuff from co-op or Sainsburys and it's costing me a bomb. Quorn seems very expensive at the co op, but the fat free sausages and fillets are only £2 in Sainsburys which isn't too bad!

Morning honey.... happy Sunday x

Morning Kay... How's things? X

Hi Kathryn, I'm good this morning thanks, just drinking my herbal tea :). You guys have had a rocking time !! :p I've loved all the pics. :D What are your plans for today ?

Kay xx

untitled212.png:eek::eek::eek:.........Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :(

Hiya Kay!!

Hows your Sunday so far?
What's your panic for ? Xx

Hiya Kay!!

Hows your Sunday so far?
What's your panic for ? Xx

:wavey:Afternoon Kitty. The countdown is for my weigh in, only 2 days left now. I do this everyweek, work myself up :eek: . The nerves kick in on Sunday and Mondays are the worst and Tuesday of course is D-Day :sigh: . Hope your having a nice Sunday :). Any plans ?

Kay xx

Afternoon Kay! How are you? How was your night with your sister? Xx

Afternoon Cookie :) hope you had a nice time with your friends last night, will pop over to your diary in a mo. My evening was nice and relaxed, I had a good catchup with my sister then after she left I came on mins and chatted to a few friends for a bit then was too tired to post my foodage. Food was nice though I made a syn free lentil curry we had that with rice and salad, and I made choc orange cheesecake for our dessert. Watched the voice on bbc1 and just chatted and had a good catchup. Food is getting a bit boring, I am finishing stuff in my freezer this week then will do a new food shop on Thursday and hopefully make some interesting meals. Felling nervous about Tuesdays weigh in though :eek:.

Kay xx

Love your new bunny xx

Don't be nervous......

08190d29e5c7a03e51e09a383623f88f.jpg

love you xx

I love that bcp, so very true.
Kay you've had a good SW week on plan. Lentil curry sounds nice, do you use tinned lentils? Not sure if Brett would eat lentils but we've so much food in I need to run things down a bit. Xx

Kay...choc orange cheesecake??? Please share!! Does it use quark as I have a pot in fridge I haven't used yet!! =D

Hey hun, hope you're having a good day. Its about this time I start getting worried about WI on Tue too. I don't know about you but I can never tell how I've done. Have weeks where I think I've done amazing and am due a good loss, only to get 0.5lbs, then other times its 4lbs when I least expect it! Keeps me on my toes at least.

P.s Loved what BCP posted, sooo true!

Kay...choc orange cheesecake??? Please share!! Does it use quark as I have a pot in fridge I haven't used yet!! =D

Hi Lauren, I posted the recipe earlier but don't mind re-posting it for you :p.

The cheesecakes I make round using a cookie cutter. The ingredients is simple and it tastes lovely. The flavours are upto you, you can experiment around with lots of them. So far I have done a summer fruits with chocolate one and a banana and choc one. I want to do a chocolate orange one next that should be yum.

Here is the method for cheesecake -

View attachment 123016Cookie Cutter :)

Take x2 Alpen Light Bars (flavours of your choice - I usually go for the double choc one, it works with most cheesecake flavours) pop them in a microwave for 10 secs (no longer or they will burn). This will allow them to get soft and you can mould them to form the round base. (Best to do it inside a cookie cutter to get the perfect round shape)

Take half a tub of Quark (don't buy a supermarkets own brand they are normally not thick enough for cheesecake, Quarks own is the best). Now mix in x1 sachet of hot choc powder into a bowl. At this stage you can also add a drop of vanilla essence if you fancy. The 11g Options packs are around 2 syns but I use the 16g one which is 2.5 syns but I use only half the pack which is 8g or it will be too sweet. But if you use the 11g pack, you can use all of it, you will be fine.

Once you have mixed the mixture in a bowl, layer it into the cookie cutter, ontop of your Alpen Light base. Now you can choose fruit of your choice to decorate it with. I am normally on a budget so I buy frozen fruit which lasts me longer. Asda do a 500g box of summer fruits in the frozen section, it's wonderful, that's what I used on my cheesecake. You can also use fresh fruit of your choice like I did the banana one.

Now layer with the fruit of your choice ontop of the quark mixture inside the cookie cutter. Now leave it in the fridge to set for 30 mins. Take out the fridge and gently slide the cookie cutter away, very slowly so your cheesecake does not pullout with it, use a spoon to press it down while you pull the cookie cutter away. You should now have a perfect circle shape with all the layers looking pretty.

Voila your 2 syn cheesecake is ready ! :D

Tips - In terms of sweetness you can add sweetner once you have mixed the quark and choc powder if it is not sweet enough for you. I normally find I am ok without it. Also you can dust the fruit with a dash of icing sugar or coco powder to make it look more pretty at the end, but remember to add the syns, I usually use cinnamon powder which is free.[/QUOTE]

...also forgot to add, you can make which ever flavour you like. If you like the choc orange one like me than instead of the options, use the Galazy Bubbles hot choc (orange flavour one), I think its the same syns as Options, and then to decorate, slice some fresh orange slices on top, it's my fav :).

Kay xx

Hi Kathryn, I'm good this morning thanks, just drinking my herbal tea :). You guys have had a rocking time !! :p I've loved all the pics. :D What are your plans for today ?

Kay xx

Sorry I've only just seen this... Sheila left at 12ish....I'm just having a lazy afternoon and loving it! :)

Hey hun, hope you're having a good day. Its about this time I start getting worried about WI on Tue too. I don't know about you but I can never tell how I've done. Have weeks where I think I've done amazing and am due a good loss, only to get 0.5lbs, then other times its 4lbs when I least expect it! Keeps me on my toes at least.

P.s Loved what BCP posted, sooo true!

I know exactly how you feel Bev, come Monday I start to feel guilty for everything that I'm eating :sigh: . Not looking forward to it this week, perhaps because I know I had a big loss last week. I guess as long as I don't have a gain I will be ok. But still sticking to what I said in our chat yesterday, Tuesday will really decide for me what I do going forward . How is your sunday going so far ? :)

Kay xx

Sorry I've only just seen this... Sheila left at 12ish....I'm just having a lazy afternoon and loving it! :)

No worries Kathryn, I'm surprised you can type :D if that was me I'd still be struggling to get out of bed in the afternoon after your weekend lol. Your straight back on it with your Weetabix cake and fruit well done. Must be quite in the house now. Must have been lovely to have Sheila around. Your pics were great, we all loved going through them, my fav have to be the bunny ones, since anyone can tell from my avatars, I am bunny mad ! :p How is your sunday going so far ?

Kay xx

No worries Kathryn, I'm surprised you can type :D if that was me I'd still be struggling to get out of bed in the afternoon after your weekend lol. Your straight back on it with your Weetabix cake and fruit well done. Must be quite in the house now. Must have been lovely to have Sheila around. Your pics were great, we all loved going through them, my fav have to be the bunny ones, since anyone can tell from my avatars, I am bunny mad ! :p How is your sunday going so far ?

Kay xx

Well I haven't quite managed to get back on plan just yet :rolleyes: suddenly remembered the leftover garlic naan bread from last night that we brought home with us.. Just had some with some pease pudding on that Sheila brought for me... It was lush but I don't half feel full and bloated now! Serves me right lol.
Having Sheila here has been great! :) I keep finding white feathers off the bunny outfit all over the place... And sequins off the skirt are all up my stairs :D
Still being lazy doing nothing hehe.. What have you been up to? X

Back