Kay's journey to health and happiness

Do you think shes reading Vonn? Hope shes ok bless her. All fingers crossed. X Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I do t know if she wi read it, she said she won't be able to use her lappy as won't be able to sit up but said she will try check her phone,
I don't care wether she sees it or not just wanted to post x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thinking of you Kay, take care xxx

I do t know if she wi read it, she said she won't be able to use her lappy as won't be able to sit up but said she will try check her phone,
I don't care wether she sees it or not just wanted to post x

I agree! Wishing you all the best kay! Xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thinking of u Kayxx

Thinking of you Kay and hope you are soon back inspiring us with your posts. xx

Hi Kay - hope ur feeling ok - thinking of u - :553:

Hi Kay.
Hope everything went ok yesterday. Take care x

Hi sweetie, hope your doing ok , and the pain isn't too bad ,
Missing you loads xxxx

Afternoon Everyone :wavey:,

Thank you so much for all your get well wishes, your all so kind. I had my operation on Wednesday morning. I am back home and my sister has taken some time off and is looking after me. My bedside table looks like a pharmacy :eek:, I'm on lots of medication and the doc has given me 3-4 weeks recovery time. I am taking strong pain killers for the pain, it has side effects which stops the pf from coming for a few days :rolleyes: so they have given me medicine for that too, to keep the pf regular. I have a dressing which gets changed several times a day, on my lower back where the surgeon made the incision, it is bloody painful when it has to be changed :mad:. They said as the wound heals the pain will get less. I have regular baths in Epsom salts to heal the wound, but when I do that, it stings like hell :(, I just have to bare it. I am on complete bed rest and taking it easy. They are calling me back in 4 weeks for a consultation. Unfortunately they said I will need another follow up operation in a few months time. I was hoping this would be it I will recover and be able to go back to work, but does not look like it :sigh:. I cried a lot at home at the thought that there is more to come, but my sister has talked sense into me and I know I will have to be patient and get this done, its for the long term good. The date for my next Op maybe in a few month time, I will have a better idea at the consultation appointment in 4 weeks. I think I will write this year off :rolleyes: just work on getting my health better and 2nd Op out of the way. Then 2015, new me , new start :), that gives me time to get to target by the end of this year.

In terms of my diet I am not following the slimming world plan, I am doing the `Eat what your sister makes you plan ' :rolleyes:. I have to rely on her to make my meals and she does not like cooking spray. She uses oil in the food and has got me back to eating 3 meals a day, carbs and snacks. My hunger has come back and I can really see I'm puffing out. Stepped on the scales this morning, I'm 3lbs up :(. Don't know if its the meds bloating me or that I'm just a few days away from TOTM. I know I will be feeling even worse when I come on my monthly's, the cramps are the last thing I need along with the pain I am in already. I am not sleeping at night either. My sleeping pattern is messed up at the moment because I am too aware of the pain. Oh well will just have to grin and bare it :cry:.

The only thing I have kept up with is drinking 2 Litres a day. I am still using plant nanny. Vonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie my Cactus nearly died but I saved it ;). I hope your all doing well and enjoying this lovely weather :). I will try and come on again in a few days, it is hard for me to sit up and type, I am doing this very slowly. I hope to catch up on your diaries eventually. Until then take care and hopefully speak with you all soon. Have a smashing June. I miss u all lots :).

Hugs Kay xx
:bighug:

Afternoon Everyone :wavey:,

Thank you so much for all your get well wishes, your all so kind. I had my operation on Wednesday morning. I am back home and my sister has taken some time off and is looking after me. My bedside table looks like a pharmacy :eek:, I'm on lots of medication and the doc has given me 3-4 weeks recovery time. I am taking strong pain killers for the pain, it has side effects which stops the pf from coming for a few days :rolleyes: so they have given me medicine for that too, to keep the pf regular. I have a dressing which gets changed several times a day, on my lower back where the surgeon made the incision, it is bloody painful when it has to be changed :mad:. They said as the wound heals the pain will get less. I have regular baths in Epsom salts to heal the wound, but when I do that, it stings like hell :(, I just have to bare it. I am on complete bed rest and taking it easy. They are calling me back in 4 weeks for a consultation. Unfortunately they said I will need another follow up operation in a few months time. I was hoping this would be it I will recover and be able to go back to work, but does not look like it :sigh:. I cried a lot at home at the thought that there is more to come, but my sister has talked sense into me and I know I will have to be patient and get this done, its for the long term good. The date for my next Op maybe in a few month time, I will have a better idea at the consultation appointment in 4 weeks. I think I will write this year off :rolleyes: just work on getting my health better and 2nd Op out of the way. Then 2015, new me , new start :), that gives me time to get to target by the end of this year.

In terms of my diet I am not following the slimming world plan, I am doing the `Eat what your sister makes you plan ' :rolleyes:. I have to rely on her to make my meals and she does not like cooking spray. She uses oil in the food and has got me back to eating 3 meals a day, carbs and snacks. My hunger has come back and I can really see I'm puffing out. Stepped on the scales this morning, I'm 3lbs up :(. Don't know if its the meds bloating me or that I'm just a few days away from TOTM. I know I will be feeling even worse when I come on my monthly's, the cramps are the last thing I need along with the pain I am in already. I am not sleeping at night either. My sleeping pattern is messed up at the moment because I am too aware of the pain. Oh well will just have to grin and bare it :cry:.

The only thing I have kept up with is drinking 2 Litres a day. I am still using plant nanny. Vonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie my Cactus nearly died but I saved it ;). I hope your all doing well and enjoying this lovely weather :). I will try and come on again in a few days, it is hard for me to sit up and type, I am doing this very slowly. I hope to catch up on your diaries eventually. Until then take care and hopefully speak with you all soon. Have a smashing June. I miss u all lots :).

Hugs Kay xx
:bighug:

Awwww kay, so lovely to hear from you. So sorry you're in so much pain but hopefully the end result will be worth it. Big hugs. Get as much rest as you can, speak soon xx

Yayyyy you're back :) Glad the op went well hun.... I thought it was a knee op that you were having done, not a back one! :eek: hope you're resting lots, lovely to hear from you xx

Aw lovely i'm sorry you're in so much pain :( but glad that the op went well and that someone is looking after you. big hugs lovely bunny xxx

Good to hear from you so soon Kay - glad the Op went well. Sorry to hear your in such pain hopefully the strong meds will help. Worry about the "diet" when your up and about again, focus on getting well and strong enough for the next Op.

((Hugs)) and positive :vibes::vibes:coming your way and some :flowers::flowers: to cheer you up xx

Back