Kay's journey to health and happiness

Yay ! :D You found me ! Of course it is hun. I know I did well on the challenge but I'm still nervous going into Thursday morning group because its a new group and a new C who I have not met yet, I tried to see her before my Op but she was off so will see her Thursday for the first time. I'll need all the support I can get on Thursday from you lot, because I'm going after such a long break, I'm gonna feel like a total newcomer and turn into miss stressyhead again which my friends know me very well for, hehe. :p So glad you found me ellejay. Do you also have a diary hun, would love to sub ?

Kay xx

Hi hun x
Just posted my 2nd day stats x
Early night 4 me, need to shift this blooming cold!
A new start at group can feel daunting, but I know personally that it was group that kept meon track;meeting like minded people, discussing things I was to embarrassed go with others, was so liberating. Plus, I've only "known" u a short while, but already I know your group's lucky to hv you! You'll do great hun x

My diary's called "Tomorrow's a new day diet" :D pop over x
Night lovely xLx

Tomorrow may be a new day, but let's think of a reason why today's great too! xLx

Hi hun x
Just posted my 2nd day stats x
Early night 4 me, need to shift this blooming cold!
A new start at group can feel daunting, but I know personally that it was group that kept meon track;meeting like minded people, discussing things I was to embarrassed go with others, was so liberating. Plus, I've only "known" u a short while, but already I know your group's lucky to hv you! You'll do great hun x

My diary's called "Tomorrow's a new day diet" :D pop over x
Night lovely xLx

Tomorrow may be a new day, but let's think of a reason why today's great too! xLx

Ok hun will look for it, have a lovely night hun, sleep well, night night ;).

Oh and hope your cold gets better :).

Kay xx

Night night everyone, time for the bunny to hit the pillow me thinks. Goodnight ;).

Kay xx

images1N035OSE.jpg

Morning Kay, hope you recharged your bunny batteries with a nice refreshing sleep. I'm off to be pampered at the hairdressers this morning, then out to see friends for lunch and tea but will try and make good food choices. Have a lovely day hun :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Kay, hope you recharged your bunny batteries with a nice refreshing sleep. I'm off to be pampered at the hairdressers this morning, then out to see friends for lunch and tea but will try and make good food choices. Have a lovely day hun :)

Morning Cloudy :p, I had a good nights sleep thanks, bunnies batteries are full charged and she's raring to go ! :) Oh I hope you have a nice pampering day at the hairdressers and a lovely lunch with your friends. Sounds like the perfect day to me ! ;)

Kay xx

Afternoon Kay,
Have a great day Hun
It's lovely and sunny here :)

I just came back from my walk. I missed you lots yesterday, how are you Vonnie ? :) xx

Afternoon everyone :wavey:,

I got a lovely text today from my old C, she wanted to know how I'm getting on since my operation. I'm gonna miss her so much :(, she was fab ! I have no idea what my new C will be like, I'm trying to stay positive but in the past when we've had C's coming to cover, they've not been that great and members have not stayed for group :rolleyes:. To me having a strong C to motivate me is a big part of what I pay for at group. In terms of knowing the plan, I've done it long enough now and can carry on, on my own. If I don't feel a strong vibe with her, then I will probably start doing SW from home just on mins. I could put that money towards new clothes. Ideally to leave group is not what I want, I love getting my shinny stickers and certificates in group. Plus making friends with everyone is a large part of it too.

I'm going back after 4 weeks off, I've only met my new group once, other C was covering, they seem like quite a loud bunch lol, its too early to say, not had a chance to get to know any of them yet. There is another group I could go to, but its further away from my house. After our original group closed down, all my other friends from that group went there, there isn't anyone I know here :(.

After my operation at the beginning of June, my mini goal for the rest of the month of June was to maintain my 4.5 stone award and keep it off. I did some weighing on my home scales whilst my Sis was looking after me, I was eating off plan during my recovery and at one point had gained 3lbs back on. Through cutting back I managed to get some of that off and the Salad Challenge last week helped too, my result was good and my home scales are normally 1b heavier than the SW scales, so it should all be good for tomorrow :). I really don't want to be going backwards on my journey.

Whenever each year starts I say to myself `this is gonna be your year Kay ' the amount of times I have promised that to myself and the number of years that have gone by, its become a bit of a joke really :rolleyes: and I can only blame myself. I'm not going to let that happen this year. My mind is very strange lol most people get encouraged by compliments, and don't get me wrong, I love them too, but I have a habit of getting complacent on my journey, like I don't need to work at it any more, I've done enough, which is not the right way to think. Infact I would say once you've past the halfway mark on your journey its gets even tougher to shed those pounds, so you must keep up your momentum :).

I have my Hospital Appointment on Monday with my surgeon to discuss my progress. My back is feeling so much better and stronger since my Op and he did promise me last time that we can discuss me returning to exercise. Omg how much I've missed the gym, it makes me sad :(. I have friends at the gym who I haven't seen in ages, one of them is a Personal Trainer, she is lovely. I will use her guidance if I return so I am doing exercises that are safe for me.

When I'm one stone away from target I really want to start toning up, I don't want to be all flabby and lose weight, I want to look and feel good. I tried some of my small clothes on yesterday and right now I feel so huge and lumpy bumpy in bits, I hated what I saw in the mirror :cry:, I really need to firm up badly. I'm hopeing the gym won't slow my losses down, but even if its does, I don't care because I want to be toned and fit when I get to target ;).

I apologise in advance if I become miss stressyhead :queen: by this evening, those of you that know me well, this is just the norm for bunny a day before her weigh in :rolleyes:. Wish me luck for tomorrow peeps ! :)

Wow looking back I've written a lot :p, time for a food break me thinks, catch you all soon, hope your all having a lovely day ! :):)

Kay xx

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone :wavey:,

I got a lovely text today from my old C, she wanted to know how I'm getting on since my operation. I'm gonna miss her so much :(, she was fab ! I have no idea what my new C will be like, I'm trying to stay positive but in the past when we've had C's coming to cover, they've not been that great and members have not stayed for group :rolleyes:. To me having a strong C to motivate me is a big part of what I pay for at group. In terms of knowing the plan, I've done it long enough now and can carry on, on my own. If I don't feel a strong vibe with her, then I will probably start doing SW from home just on mins. I could put that money towards new clothes. Ideally to leave group is not what I want, I love getting my shinny stickers and certificates in group. Plus making friends with everyone is a large part of it too.

I'm going back after 4 weeks off, I've only met my new group once, other C was covering, they seem like quite a loud bunch lol, its too early to say, not had a chance to get to know any of them yet. There is another group I could go to, but its further away from my house. After our original group closed down, all my other friends from that group went there, there isn't anyone I know here :(.

After my operation, my mini goal for myself for July was to maintain my 4.5 stone award and keep it off. I did some weighing on my home scales whilst my sis was looking after me, I was eating off plan during my recovery and at one point had gained 3lbs back on. Through cutting back I managed to get some of that off and the Salad Challenge last week helped too, so fingers crossed I'm hopeful the 4.5 award is still there :). I didn't want to go backwards on my journey.

Whenever each year starts I say to myself `this is gonna be your year Kay ' the amount of times I have promised that to myself and the number of years that have gone by, its become a bit of a joke really :rolleyes: and I can only blame myself. I'm not going to let that happen this year. My mind is very strange lol most people get encouraged by compliments, and don't get me wrong, I love them too, but I have a habit of getting complacent on my journey, like I don't need to work at it any more, I've done enough, which is not the right way to think. Infact I would say once you've past the halfway mark on your journey its gets even tougher to shed those pounds, so you must keep up your momentum :).

I have my Hospital Appointment on Monday with my surgeon to discuss my progress. My back is feeling so much better and stronger since my Op and he did promise me last time that we can discuss me returning to exercise. Omg how much I've missed the gym, it makes me sad :(. I have friends at the gym who I haven't seen in ages, one of them is a Personal Trainer, she is lovely. I will use her guidance if I return so I am doing exercises that are safe for me.

When I'm one stone away from target I really want to start toning up, I don't want to be all flabby and lose weight, I want to look and feel good. I tried some of my small clothes on yesterday and right now I feel so huge and lumpy bumpy in bits, I hated what I saw in the mirror :cry:, I really need to firm up badly. I'm hopeing the gym won't slow my losses down, but even if its does, I don't care because I want to be toned and fit when I get to target ;).

I apologise in advance if I become miss stressyhead :queen: by this evening, those of you that know me well, this is just the norm for bunny a day before her weigh in :rolleyes:. Wish me luck for tomorrow peeps ! :)

Wow looking back I've written a lot :p, time for a food break me thinks, catch you all soon, hope your all having a lovely day ! :):)

Kay xx

Oh bless you Kay - we know what it's like to feel stress before a WI and esp. when it's been a while, everyone understands and wishes you the best :) you deserve it after the salad challenge and working so hard. Don't be too hard on yourself about body image, I'm sure when you can get back to the gym you will be as disciplined with that as you are with your food.

Well hello there Kay Baby...... you may be a Miss Stressy Head..... but you're our Miss Stressy Head..... love you hope your hospital appointment goes well xx and of course good luck for your weigh in :D

I'm good thanks Sammy :p, how are you hun ? xx

I am fine thanks Kay, a little tired but who cares?

Aww, I can tell you are quite nervous about tomorrow though hun. I am sending you one of my virtual hugs and remember when you go to class tomorrow that your many minis friends will be right by your side, you won't be going alone ok? We all wish you the best and hope you get a great result on the scales and that you soon settle in with your new group, hopefully they will be a little quieter since you last went! It isn't always easy meeting a load of strangers is it? Especially when they all know each other. Fingers crossed the new C is good at her job and makes you feel welcome and comfortable. I have everything crossed for you :) xx

Ah Kay I am sure you will be fine I. The new group you have lots if ideas and experience to share. Remember it takes a while to bed in so give it a bit before you decide wether to do it from home it not. I worry about W.i every week even if I have weighed in the week before so can understand you stressing about it now. You will be fine

Oh bless you Kay - we know what it's like to feel stress before a WI and esp. when it's been a while, everyone understands and wishes you the best :) you deserve it after the salad challenge and working so hard. Don't be too hard on yourself about body image, I'm sure when you can get back to the gym you will be as disciplined with that as you are with your food.

Thank you Mandy, your so sweet ;), I'm trying not to think about it, that's the only way I know how to de-stress, but its probably not going to be as bad as I'm thinking in my head, I'm sure my new C will be nice. Thanks hun for your support, I really appreciate it :).

Kay xx

Well hello there Kay Baby...... you may be a Miss Stressy Head..... but you're our Miss Stressy Head..... love you hope your hospital appointment goes well xx and of course good luck for your weigh in :D

Thank you BCP, hope your well too.

Kay xx

I am fine thanks Kay, a little tired but who cares?

Aww, I can tell you are quite nervous about tomorrow though hun. I am sending you one of my virtual hugs and remember when you go to class tomorrow that your many minis friends will be right by your side, you won't be going alone ok? We all wish you the best and hope you get a great result on the scales and that you soon settle in with your new group, hopefully they will be a little quieter since you last went! It isn't always easy meeting a load of strangers is it? Especially when they all know each other. Fingers crossed the new C is good at her job and makes you feel welcome and comfortable. I have everything crossed for you :) xx

Aww thanks Sammy, yep feeling a little better about tomorrow, but trying not to think too much about it at the same time. As long as the C is good well and the group, all should be good. Glad you'll all be around tomorrow, hope Kirsty is too, not sure when she starts her new job, but yeh I will report back tomorrow afternoon, hopefully by midday :p.

Kay xx

Ah Kay I am sure you will be fine I. The new group you have lots if ideas and experience to share. Remember it takes a while to bed in so give it a bit before you decide wether to do it from home it not. I worry about W.i every week even if I have weighed in the week before so can understand you stressing about it now. You will be fine

Aww thanks Jen, your probably right, I should give it a few weeks, people take time to warm up sometimes. Good luck to you too my fellow Thursday weigher :D we weigh on the same day now :p . How are you feeling about tomorrow ?

Kay xx

Hi Kay, thanks for the luck, I nervous bern really good two success express days but I haven't weighed myself trying to remind myself before I get caught up on what he scales sat that I feel thinner and my trousers feel looser and I made good choices this week in front of temptation.

Back