Kay's journey to health and happiness

Evening Sheila :(, they gave me a numbing injection and played pokey pokey again to check if I had healed properly inside and he said one side of it looked good but not the right side :sigh:. They were ment to determine today whether I will need a 2nd Op, but he said he can't tell because right side hasn't healed properly so he's made an appointment for me to go back in 2 months in September. He said I need more time to heal, then in September they will make the call on the 2nd Op but from the top of his head, he said its likely :cry:. This whole year has been a complete write off for me Sheila, apart from SW I feel like I've achieved f*ck all ! :mad: Not in a good mood, worried it might throw me off this week :cry:.

Kay xx

Awww bless you Kay, you've had a tough time lately. Hope ur ok xx

Evening Sheila :(, they gave me a numbing injection and played pokey pokey again to check if I had healed properly inside and he said one side of it looked good but not the right side :sigh:. They were ment to determine today whether I will need a 2nd Op, but he said he can't tell because right side hasn't healed properly so he's made an appointment for me to go back in 2 months in September. He said I need more time to heal, then in September they will make the call on the 2nd Op but from the top of his head, he said its likely :cry:. This whole year has been a complete write off for me Sheila, apart from SW I feel like I've achieved f*ck all ! :mad: Not in a good mood, worried it might throw me off this week :cry:.

Kay xx

Aw Kay, that's rotten that you still don't know for sure about the possibility of a second op. I don't think it will throw you off this week though. You'll mull it all over, possibly over night then you'll get reading the Salad Challenge and see how hard everyone is working and that will bring your determination back. You can do it hun, you can get on with healing AND losing the rest of your weight. You've really done so well considering you were recuperating and just think how much more you could lose if you stick with it. Obviously I'm no medic but it can ONLY do you good to be healthy and at a lower weight when you go back for that next check up.
Please don't be too down... there are positives in todays appointment and you've been so good thus far with the Salad Challenge.
What did the surgeon say about exercise? Can you go back to the gym?
Huge hugs Kay, as I know you're feeling really p'eed off right now. xx

Awww bless you Kay, you've had a tough time lately. Hope ur ok xx

Sorry hun I'm not my normal cheerful self, I feel pants ! :cry: xx

Aw Kay, that's rotten that you still don't know for sure about the possibility of a second op. I don't think it will throw you off this week though. You'll mull it all over, possibly over night then you'll get reading the Salad Challenge and see how hard everyone is working and that will bring your determination back. You can do it hun, you can get on with healing AND losing the rest of your weight. You've really done so well considering you were recuperating and just think how much more you could lose if you stick with it. Obviously I'm no medic but it can ONLY do you good to be healthy and at a lower weight when you go back for that next check up.
Please don't be too down... there are positives in todays appointment and you've been so good thus far with the Salad Challenge.
What did the surgeon say about exercise? Can you go back to the gym?
Huge hugs Kay, as I know you're feeling really p'eed off right now. xx

Thank you Cloudy hun. Nope I'm not allowed gym :(:( I feel like I'm missing out. Sorry I'm due on TOTM so feeling a bit emotional, so I might sound a bit doom and gloom but I apologise. I just feel like I want my normal life back :cry::cry: xx

Kay xx

Ah Kay ((hugs)). Was the injection just so that they could poke around today? Its not been long since your Op Kay and its good that 1 side has healed, maybe given a little bit more time it might mean you wont need a 2nd Op (fingers crossed). Im sure it feels like its been a right off for you hun theres been lots of waiting and wondering what next!

On the SW front ..... you WILL NOT go off track because your made of stronger stuff than that, words from my doc " think of your body as scaffolding, the more weight you put on it the more chance there is of it collapsing" .... so your scaffolding needs to be lightweight so as not to collapse :D. Sitting wondering and worrying wont change the outcome in September, your will and determination however will!!!

Chin up missy ( see before losing weight Id have said chins :D ) your doing so well Kay - fab inspiration and motivation for everyone following your challenges.

****** goes off to find washing up liquid for the biscuits ******** :p

I'm not surprised and don't you dare apologise kay, you've got every right to be feelin how you're feeling. Keep your chin up xx

...which one ? I've got 3 :cry::( :sigh: xx

Ah Kay ((hugs)). Was the injection just so that they could poke around today? Its not been long since your Op Kay and its good that 1 side has healed, maybe given a little bit more time it might mean you wont need a 2nd Op (fingers crossed). Im sure it feels like its been a right off for you hun theres been lots of waiting and wondering what next!

On the SW front ..... you WILL NOT go off track because your made of stronger stuff than that, words from my doc " think of your body as scaffolding, the more weight you put on it the more chance there is of it collapsing" .... so your scaffolding needs to be lightweight so as not to collapse :D. Sitting wondering and worrying wont change the outcome in September, your will and determination however will!!!

Chin up missy ( see before losing weight Id have said chins :D ) your doing so well Kay - fab inspiration and motivation for everyone following your challenges.

****** goes off to find washing up liquid for the biscuits ******** :p

Thanks for your kind words of support Sheila, it really means a lot to me :(. I'm sorry but I just feel like giving up today and throwing in the towel ! Life has just become about waiting for the next appointment and I'm so fed up with it all ! I just feel like getting up and doing the hell I like ! but I can't :mad:. I want to go gym - I can't. I want to get back into work - I can't ! I want my normal life back - I can't. I'VE HAD IT !! Sorry for venting off but I can't seem to pick my happy off the ground ! :cry::cry: xx

Awww Kay don't be fed up, Sept does seem a long way away, and before you know it, it will be then end of the year, but by the end of 2014 you could be well on target for getting you health back and just think how much weight you could have lost by then.

what a fantastic start to 2015 you'll have!!,

could you you make your own little gym at home, ok it's not the same, but it may make you feel like your achieving something xx

Thanks for your kind words of support Sheila, it really means a lot to me :(. I'm sorry but I just feel like giving up today and throwing in the towel ! Life has just become about waiting for the next appointment and I'm so fed up with it all ! I just feel like getting up and doing the hell I like ! but I can't :mad:. I want to go gym - I can't. I want to get back into work - I can't ! I want my normal life back - I can't. I'VE HAD IT !! Sorry for venting off but I can't seem to pick my happy off the ground ! :cry::cry: xx

Awww Kay massive hugs hunni - hopefully you wont feel as bad after a sleep and some thinking xx your bound to be peed off

Awww Kay don't be fed up, Sept does seem a long way away, and before you know it, it will be then end of the year, but by the end of 2014 you could be well on target for getting you health back and just think how much weight you could have lost by then.

what a fantastic start to 2015 you'll have!!,

could you you make your own little gym at home, ok it's not the same, but it may make you feel like your achieving something xx

Thank you Michelle, I know September will come eventually but my whole back thing has been going on for over a year with nhs, its a constant waiting game, chasing one appointment to the next, I'm just emotionally drained from it all at the mo. Sorry for sounding so glim, but my head can't think straight because I was going with an expectation that they will give me an answer today, but no I have to wait yet again for another 2 months, and so I'm angry and fed up ! :mad: xx

Kay xx

*big hugs* So sorry to hear you might need another op. I feel so bad for you, must be so hard to get on with your life when you don't know what's going to be coming up next. You're doing absolutely amazing with your weight loss, okay so you might not be able to achieve your dreams this year, but you can get to your weight loss goal, I know it. Then you'd be starting next year off fresh and healthy, at your ideal weight and with the world at your feet. I know it must be hard to stay positive but you don't really have a choice if you want to do this. And the Kay I know is bloody going to do this and get to target this year! :)

You're an absolute trooper and i'm so proud of you xxxxx

Oh Kay :( It's horrid seeing you so down and all we can do is be here for when you want us. I really do hope after a good night's sleep that you can see the way forward and be a happy bunny again. Even if you're not, DON'T stop posting please, I'm sure everyone here wants to support you when you need it, you are so strong for everyone else.
xx

Oh Kay, not the outcome you was wanting Hun :(
Hugs xxx
Hope your next appointment will be positive Hun cxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww Kay massive hugs hunni - hopefully you wont feel as bad after a sleep and some thinking xx your bound to be peed off

There has been some good news today, but I've been so upset with the hospital thing, I've not really had time to think about it. My old C phoned Sheila and she knows I recently got my 5 stone award, so she called me today but I was on my way to the hospital and asked me if I would consider being a Slimming World Consultant ? :). I told her I was on my way to my appointment so she said she will call me later in the week to discuss it, but I've never really given it any thought before. Not sure if I'd make a good C :confused:. I've got so much going on in my head right now, I can't think straight :(.

Kay xx

There has been some good news today, but I've been so upset with the hospital thing, I've not really had time to think about it. My old C phoned Sheila and she knows I recently got my 5 stone award, so she called me today but I was on my way to the hospital and asked me if I would consider being a Slimming World Consultant ? :). I told her I was on my way to my appointment so she said she will call me later in the week to discuss it, but I've never really given it any thought before. Not sure if I'd make a good C :confused:. I've got so much going on in my head right now, I can't think straight :(.

Kay xx

Ahhhhh kay, you'd be fab. DO IT DO IT DO IT :) xx

Back