Kay's journey to health and happiness

Glad your resting Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi lovely x hope ur taking care of yourself & start feeling better soon xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening everyone :wavey:,

Hope your all well :p. Thank you for all the get well wishes. I am pleased to say the meds have kicked in and I am feeling better ;). I am not fully back on the SW wagon yet. This is my last week off plan. I hope to go back to my salad challenge for Monday 25th August :D.

I stepped on the scales this morning and since going off plan a few weeks back, I have gained half stone :sigh:. Oh well, it is what it is. All that yummy chocolate was bound to pile up :p. I hope to get back my 5.5 stone award by the end of September :D.

So in the last few days I have made a few recipes in my slow cooker, thought I'd share them with you, they were all sliming world friendly :p.

SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Here is my Okra curry with Quorn Mince with basmati rice :). It came out yummy !

IMG_1149.jpg

Then I made Quorn Chicken & Mushroom in white sauce to have with my JP :), it was delish !

IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1152.jpg

Then I made Quorn Chilli with rice, my fav ! :D

IMG_1163.jpg IMG_1158.jpg

okay now onto a new yummy dessert, not made in my slow cooker ! :p lol

BLACK CHERRY CHEESECAKE - 6 SYNS and well worth it !! :D

IMG_1167.jpg IMG_1168.jpg

Ingredients :-

imagesXBXPMY6D.jpg
Use a cookie cutter to get the shape.
5010029214482_280_IDShot_3.jpgTake x2 Alpen lights as HEXb choice and crumble as base in cookie cutter.

5060188690054_250000_IDShot_4.jpgTake half a tub of quark.

7612100056677_280_IDShot_3.jpgMix in options white choc for 2 syns into the quark (add vanilla essence if you like and sweetener if you like it sweeter). Then layer ontop of Alpen Light base.

5000232900869_280_IDShot_3.jpgNow layer with 100g cherry filling - 4 syns (from 400g tin) ontop of quark layer (keep the cookie cutter on, do not remove at this stage).

Now place your cheesecake in the fridge (with the cookie cutter on) to set for 1 hour. Now take a spoon and gently pat the cheesecake down while you remove the cookie cutter ring so the cheesecake doesn't pull away with it.

Voila your yummy black cherry cheesecake is ready to eat ! :D

I love sharing recipes ! hehe :p

Kay xx

Last edited:
Oh Kay, the dinners look yummy but that black cherry pud looks absolutely amazing! I have quark, I have alpen lights but boo, no cherry topping! Wonder if hubby would let me steal the black cherry bit out of one of his muller corner yogurts hehe, that must be similar but I'd have no idea how many syns. Oh well, I'll just have to wait. Hmm, I can foresee me wanting to just eat the rest of the tin of cherry topping though, what did you do with the rest or did you have it four days running lol.
So... the slow cooker was a definite success though. You've made me want to get mine out, will rummage through the cupboards tomorrow and see what I have I can concoct in it.

Oh Kay, the dinners look yummy but that black cherry pud looks absolutely amazing! I have quark, I have alpen lights but boo, no cherry topping! Wonder if hubby would let me steal the black cherry bit out of one of his muller corner yogurts hehe, that must be similar but I'd have no idea how many syns. Oh well, I'll just have to wait. Hmm, I can foresee me wanting to just eat the rest of the tin of cherry topping though, what did you do with the rest or did you have it four days running lol.
So... the slow cooker was a definite success though. You've made me want to get mine out, will rummage through the cupboards tomorrow and see what I have I can concoct in it.

Hey L :p thanks I cannot recommend it enough, the cheesecake is to die for ! Espesh if you like cherries like me :D. Oh I had it 2 days running lol. My sister was here so she got one and she packed one to take home. I made 4, 2 each :p hehe I know I'm a greedy bunny I am !

Oh defo looking forward to cooking more in my slow cooker over winter. At the mo I have just been experimenting with Quorn. I am going to make a SW Moroccan tagine next in it :p served with couscous, looking forward to that.

I have made different cheesecakes in the past, thinking of posting all the pics in a minute, its nice to look back at stuff sometimes ;).

Kay xx

MY SLIMMING WORLD CHEESECAKES :D

I have made a couple of cheesecakes in the past. I showed my C some pics on my phone, she said she wants me to make some for our next taster evening :p. I thought I would post them on here. If any of you would like the recipes, I will be happy to help ;).

Kay xx

Summer Fruits Cheesecake - 2 SYNS

IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0741.jpg

Banoffie Pie Cheesecake- 2 SYNS

IMG_0769.jpg

Choc Orange Cheesecake - 2 SYNS (with Choc Shot) 4 SYNS

IMG_0774.jpg IMG_0849.jpg

Tropical Fruit Cheesecke - 2 SYNS

IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

Black Cherry Cheesecake - 6 SYNS

IMG_1167.jpg IMG_1168.jpg

Hope you all like them ! :D The next one I will be making soon will be lemon cheesecake with lemon curd, nom nom, will post pics when its done :p.

Kay xx

What are you trying to do to me woman?!!! I'm writing stuff fast on the shopping list lol. I could eat cheesecake for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Have you tried the sw lemoncurd? I made some couple of weeks ago and it is definitely passable. I'm going to make some more tomorrow and have it on toast for my breakfast. I don't usually have toast as I don't like using syns too much for toppings but its syn free so I am looking forward to that, the thought is making my mouth water. Lol, I'm greedy too! :D

What are you trying to do to me woman?!!! I'm writing stuff fast on the shopping list lol. I could eat cheesecake for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Have you tried the sw lemoncurd? I made some couple of weeks ago and it is definitely passable. I'm going to make some more tomorrow and have it on toast for my breakfast. I don't usually have toast as I don't like using syns too much for toppings but its syn free so I am looking forward to that, the thought is making my mouth water. Lol, I'm greedy too! :D

hehe :D and you wouldn't think I run a salad challenge ! :giggle: Nope not tried it L, didn't know SW had their own recipe for lemon curd, I was just going to syn a shop bought one as didn't think I would be needing that much although I haven't looked up the synage yet. Whats the recipe and does it taste nice ?

Kay xx

Nice to see you posting again, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Your food looks really nice, it's amazing what you can make in a slow cooker, I'm doing lamb curry in mine tomorrow, hmmm

Hey Michelle, thanks ;) yep starting to feel better. I love experimenting with recipes. Mmm your lamb curry sounds yum. Will look out for the yummy pics on your diary :p. Will you be having that with rice ?

Kay xx

Hey Michelle, thanks ;) yep starting to feel better. I love experimenting with recipes. Mmm your lamb curry sounds yum. Will look out for the yummy pics on your diary :p. Will you be having that with rice ?

Kay xx

Yep having it with rice, it won't be like your lamb curry, I'm sure it'll be 'westernised' in some way, but I'm already looking forward to it!!!

Syn free lemon curd

3 heaped dessert spns sweetener
grated rind and juice of one lemon
2 large eggs
2oz fat free fromage frais

In pyrex type bowl place grated lemon rind and sweetener. In separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together, then pour into pyrex bowl. Place over pan of simmering water and stir until thickened (took about five mins)
Stir in fromage frais off the heat and whisk until smooth.

Stores for up to five days in the fridge (if you can make it last that long)

Its not as good as my 'normal' home made lemon curd, much paler because of the fromage frais but good an lemony if you use a large lemon. I think it would be good for your cheesecakes.
I crumbled a meringue into mine and topped it with a spoonful of choc shot. Yum!

I got the recipe from here somewhere but can't remember who from. Poss either Kathy (Chocko) or Jess? Apologies to whoever it was, I've just searched quickly but couldn't find it.

Evening Kay glad to hear your feeling better hunni. I am in drool heaven lol Ive made your cheesecakes in the past but I think the cherry one takes the prize it looks amazing and I will certainly be making it. I have also made the SW lemon curd it was passable but again nothing like the real thing. I think you could get away with it for your cheesecake though. Basic lemon curd is 1 syn per tsp.

Im craving sweet stuff now lol x

Back