Kay's journey to health and happiness

Good Morning everyone :wavey:,

I've just caught up on everyone's diaries, but I seem to keep missing my own :giggle:. I'm going to go and have a yummy brunch :eat: then I will be on later to catch up on posts. Hope your all having a lovely day ;).

Kay xx

Afternoon everyone :p, the sun is shinning, what lovely weather we have :D. I had a yummy omelette this morning for brekkie. Sue showed me a delicious pic of one of hers on the salad challenge so I decided to make a yummy omelette :p. I then sorted out tonight's dinner in my slow cooker. My sister is coming around later and she loves my SW veg tagine, I made it the other day but she wasn't here, but she's coming for dinner tonight and I've made it especially for her. Here is a pic of it bubbling away :D.

IMG_1403.JPG

Not sure what I'm gonna do for dessert, I'm running low on stuff, I will do my Asda shop on Thursday since there is a huge one right next to my group. Talking of which, I'm not looking forward to Thursdays weigh in :rolleyes:. Although I've been eating my healthy SW meals, I've not been counting my syns, I've got too many calorific snacks in the house from the time my cousins were here that need to be binned or else the bunny will keep picking at them and get fat :sigh:.

Sunday is going to be a major clearout day, no naughty stuff will exist in my house ! That's the only way I lose weight I'm afraid, I cant be trusted with portion control, I'm an all or nothing gal :D. I will be doing my Salad Challenge next week. I am already thinking about my meals next week, so I can get a good shop in for Thursday. I'm going to use this week to slowly cut down and get to a point where I don't feel the need to snack anymore, mainly sweet stuff :rolleyes:. I'm going to get my cheesecake ingredients back and be making some of them :p. I will also go back to the Slimming World website, I love the recipes on there. I would love to look up some winter desserts. There is also a SW book on desserts, I've not bought that one yet but think I might, has anyone got that one ? I'm sure its brill for entertaining, I could have done with that tonight, wouldn't mind making something nice for my sis.

I hope your all having a fab day :), I will post up pics of my dessert later, (if its SW friendly) :D hehe .

Kay xx

Get back on those green teas and lots of water/squash... it's the best thing you know it!

Reasons to celebrate on your diary -

1) You're posting again!
2) You're going to do the Salad Challenge for the last time this year
3) You've lost over four stone!!

Just that is enough for starters! You'll soon be firing on all cylinders again, I know.

Sorry my reply is late L, I'm just catching up on posts now. Aww you really know how to make this bunny happy :). Thanks hun, much appreciated ;). Yep I think when we take a fall, we do sometimes write things off when we shouldn't :rolleyes:, I'm my biggest critic, your right we need to be kinder to ourselves sometimes, Sheila has said that to me so many times too. Your all such good friends and so supportive. Love you all lots ! :hug99:

Kay xx

Evening Kay - good to see you back posting hun! You will get back on it 100% and back on that losing train just go with the flow xx

Well I'm not gonna mess with your predictions, your always right ! :D hehe I hope by next week I am on the bunny express, losing all that I've gained :p. Thanks hun xx

Hope you don't mind, here to subscribe. x

Hello hun, sorry I'm late catching up on posts. Welcome to the nutty bunny's diary ! :D xx

Hello :) Ooh you are sounding so much more positive now Kay, it's fab. I am sure by Monday you will be raring to go on the salad challenge. I'm an all or nothing gal too so know how hard it can be to stop having all the sweet stuff but once you've had a couple of days on plan it will get easier. Your idea of arming yourself with sweet stuff that is allowed is a brill one! ;) xx

Hello did someone mention my name? Please count me in. I've been hiding here eating everything that isn't nailed down :hide: Need to get back on track this week. Before I gain the whole lot back xxx

My crystal ball tells me there is no gain in sight :peep::D, only big huge losses ! Your doing so well on the challenge Sue, your focus and determination is something I need in bucket loads for next week lol. Got my fingers crossed for you hun, I know you will do super this week ! :p

Kay xx

Hello :) Ooh you are sounding so much more positive now Kay, it's fab. I am sure by Monday you will be raring to go on the salad challenge. I'm an all or nothing gal too so know how hard it can be to stop having all the sweet stuff but once you've had a couple of days on plan it will get easier. Your idea of arming yourself with sweet stuff that is allowed is a brill one! ;) xx

Thanks Sammy :), I love desserts, there is nothing that can put a smile on my face more than a yummy dessert :D. I have identified that the only thing that is going to make me fall off the wagon is my sweet tooth so I have started to look up some SW desserts so I can enjoy myself next week and stay on plan, which reminds me, I need Sheila's yummy triffle recipe, its super ! :D Oh and I will be taking yours too for those scrummy cheesecakes you made ! :p

Kay xx

Morning Kay! Lovely to see you back have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello Jen, sorry I'm behind on posts hun, I hope your well lovely. I saw those troll cakes on your diary, they were brill :D, are you going to make some yummy ones on Halloween for the kids ?

Kay xx

Hi Kay... Hope you're having a good day xx

Helloooooooooooooooo :p I'm just catching up on posts now, but I believe we've spoken since, about getting in the 10's for xmas ! :D Yay ! We can do this ! :p How's you hun ? I just popped on your diary, wow you've covered loads today lol plenty of body magic done already :p. I hope you have another super duper loss next Monday. I hope poor Alfie is feeling better too. Never had the chance to say this, but I love your new avatar pic, Alfie looks so cute and adorable ! :D

Kay xx

I don't know the page number but does this help? I copied it (think it was your recipe?) to print off and saved a copy in my Docs folder.

Aww thanks so much L, your a star ! :D I will pass this on to some of my friends ;) xx

Thanks L for the re post of the cheesecake recipes. I must remember to print it off this time. :D They are yummy. I have a glut of raspberries that would be ideal for this. yum xx

I want to see pics ! I want to see pics ! :D I love raspberries with dark chocolate, its a killer combo ! Have you ever tried the Ruffle bar ? oh its super yum, its dark chocolate with raspberry cream and coconut :drool: hmm I think I'm going to experiment with those flavours for a cheesecake. When I used to work in Thorntons, we used to sell `Apricot Parfait ' which was dark chocolate with apricot, it was delicious ! Gotta try that too ! :D

Kay xx

Okie tokie think I've caught up now :p off to go for my walk. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day. Catch you all later ;).

Kay xx

Hello Jen, sorry I'm behind on posts hun, I hope your well lovely. I saw those troll cakes on your diary, they were brill :D, are you going to make some yummy ones on Halloween for the kids ?

Kay xx

Ah thanks Kay I am good. I expect I will have to make something for Halloween now! Dont know what though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

That tagine looks amazing, can I have the recipe pretty please xx

Hello hun :) this is for you and Rosie. I took pics from the SW magazine I got the recipe from. I hope you can both see it clearly ;) xx

SW Moroccan Vegetable Tagine Recipe

FREE on GREEN and EE :p

IMG_1405.jpg The magazine.

IMG_1406.jpg The Ingredients List.

IMG_1407.jpg The Veg Tagine Pic.

IMG_1408.jpg Steps 1.

IMG_1409.jpg Steps 2 and 3.

IMG_1411.jpg Step 3 cont and Step 4.

IMG_1412.jpg Option to add meat.

Kay xx

Hi Kay :)
You sure know how to jump back on that wagon! Food sounds yummy- would also love your tagline recipe if you get a min.
Do you think HiFi bars would work in place of Allen lights for your cheesecakes? Can't wait to give them a try :) salted caramel with banana, yum!
Rosie x

Hello Rosie hun :wavey:, as promised my cheesecake collection ! :D I hope the pics comeout, lets see, I'm going to try copy paste this, I hope this works ! :eek: xx

BLACK CHERRY CHEESECAKE - 6 SYNS and well worth it !! :D

Ingredients :-

Use a cookie cutter to get the shape.
Take x2 Alpen lights as HEXb choice and crumble as base in cookie cutter.

Take half a tub of quark.

Mix in options white choc for 2 syns into the quark (add vanilla essence if you like and sweetener if you like it sweeter). Then layer ontop of Alpen Light base.

Now layer with 100g cherry filling - 4 syns (from 400g tin) ontop of quark layer (keep the cookie cutter on, do not remove at this stage).

Now place your cheesecake in the fridge (with the cookie cutter on) to set for 1 hour. Now take a spoon and gently pat the cheesecake down while you remove the cookie cutter ring so the cheesecake doesn't pull away with it.

Voila your yummy black cherry cheesecake is ready to eat ! :D

I love sharing recipes ! hehe :p

Kay xx

Back