Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hi Kay, I'm back at last. There's nothing like " It will only take about half an hour to change over " promise from BT to send my blood pressure soaring. Well I'm back now and ready to join you next week in your soup challenge. Congratulations on your loss last week. So sorry I couldn't join you for the last week. I asked my daughter to post my message for me. We don't live close so it was too difficult to continue. Hopefully nothing to get in the way of next week. Will take a while to catch up with the posts and read the rules for the challenge. Will talk to you tomorrow. Take care Sue xx

Yay ! Sue's back ! :D We all missed you hun. Glad you've got everything sorted with BT, can imagine it must have been a real pain at the time. Looking forward to you joining the challenge next week :p, there are some brill soups going up this week for thinspiration, hope you enjoy reading the thread. Hope everything else is good with you and your family. Look forward to catching up soon xx

Hope your day's going well Kay! :)
XxX

Morning Kay :) Did you get a good nights sleep hun? Hope your back is feeling better today! Any plans for today other than making more yummy soup? I bet your nicer dicer will be seeing some use this week, I've still not bought one but keep checking the website and will probably order one when they're on special offer again. My poor hands and wrists struggle with chopping the harder stuff for soup :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Afternoon L, how are you hun ? :) I slept okish :rolleyes:, back is still hurting. I didn't go far out for my walk today, just walked 30 mins around the block, I need to do another set later today to meet the challenge. Oh I could not do without my nicer dicer, I absolutely love it :p I hate chopping and it dices veg in seconds ! Such a time saver. I know once you have one you will not part with it. There are lots of fakes out there in the market, make sure you by the original from JMC, the blade is super sharp and will last you ages. I've had mine for 3 years and its still like brand new :). Hope your having a good day, I will be going over to the challenge thread in a mo. xx

aw Pixie has missed you too :D
I'm ok thank you, how are you doing? Is your back any better today? xx

Oh poo :banghead: I missed you again :( . Bunnykins is going to pop over to your diary for a good catch up, I'm so behind on diaries :rolleyes:. Hope your well hun, hopefully we will catch up soon :):) xx

Hope your day's going well Kay! :)
XxX

Hey Emma, I pooped over to your diary last night, sorry to hear you've had to stop the exercise, how are you feeling today hun ? :) xx

Hey Emma, I pooped over to your diary last night, sorry to hear you've had to stop the exercise, how are you feeling today hun ? :) xx

I'm sure the world is against me working out! I'm doing a bit better today, taken some painkillers and have managed some squats and under desk bike so not a wasted day!! :)
XxX

I'm sure the world is against me working out! I'm doing a bit better today, taken some painkillers and have managed some squats and under desk bike so not a wasted day!! :)
XxX

That's brilliant Emma, all exercise is good for you. I am trying to get out of a difficult phase for myself after gaining over 1 stone. It's hard but I find when I pressure myself to do well, that's when I fail. Now I just wake up each morning with trying to get through to the end of the day. Baby steps is the way forward I think and soon enough without realising we build up on having a good week. I'm sure you will see a good loss hun with the exercise you are doing. If it makes you feel any better, I had a back operation earlier this year and was told at the time by my doc that exercise is a complete no no. To be honest my best weightloss has happened when I haven't been exercising. Don't get me wrong I'm all for it because of the health benefits to our body and we should all do it to tone up. But when we can't because of a health condition, its good to know we can still lose the weight through diet. How has your foodage been lately ? xx

That's brilliant Emma, all exercise is good for you. I am trying to get out of a difficult phase for myself after gaining over 1 stone. It's hard but I find when I pressure myself to do well, that's when I fail. Now I just wake up each morning with trying to get through to the end of the day. Baby steps is the way forward I think and soon enough without realising we build up on having a good week. I'm sure you will see a good loss hun with the exercise you are doing. If it makes you feel any better, I had a back operation earlier this year and was told at the time by my doc that exercise is a complete no no. To be honest my best weightloss has happened when I haven't been exercising. Don't get me wrong I'm all for it because of the health benefits to our body and we should all do it to tone up. But when we can't because of a health condition, its good to know we can still lose the weight through diet. How has your foodage been lately ? xx

Oh I'm sorry to hear, how is your back doing now?. I do think we tend to lose more without strength exercises, as obviously you'll be building muscle, I know for sure that after a week of doing hardcore exercise my losses are rubbish and it's always very disheartening, but we try and think of our health and not just a number, but when you measure weight loss by an actual loss I don't think people can help but be a little peeved!
My food was good until last night, but I've been under 10 syns Monday and today and plan to keep that up to make up for it, I had a mad * week craving, not that it excuses the slip but at least I know it was a one off! :)
Are you still doing the salad/soup challenges?
XxX

Oh I'm sorry to hear, how is your back doing now?. I do think we tend to lose more without strength exercises, as obviously you'll be building muscle, I know for sure that after a week of doing hardcore exercise my losses are rubbish and it's always very disheartening, but we try and think of our health and not just a number, but when you measure weight loss by an actual loss I don't think people can help but be a little peeved!
My food was good until last night, but I've been under 10 syns Monday and today and plan to keep that up to make up for it, I had a mad * week craving, not that it excuses the slip but at least I know it was a one off! :)
Are you still doing the salad/soup challenges?
XxX

Well done for sticking to 10 syns Emma, I know a lot of people have found when they reduce it a little it helps with the losses. I think a good way of putting it is we mustn't deprive ourselves either or that could cause a massive binge, at the same time its not necessary to have all 15 if you don't need them, so pulling back a little is a good way to help with the weightloss. Yes I am still running the challenges :), the Salad one I have closed down now until next Spring, it will re-open in April 2015. The new Autumn/Winter one that is up and running its the Soup one which runs from Oct-March 2015. The response to both has been fab and as much as I get joy from helping others, they have inturn been a huge inspiration to me and have helped me with my weightloss journey. I find doing things in groups is more impactful rather than doing things alone. But then again it doesn't have to be a challenge, even having your own diary and exchanging ideas with other people is group support, that's why I love mins :D. The challenges are useful when you need some format and structure to your day to day and they make you accountable. I have made them compatible with SW :) and there is a choice of 2 plans that you can follow, one is more flexible the other is hardcore :p, but the losses on both are fab.

...have I sold it to you yet ? :giggle: just kidding lol. Feel free to pop along there if you wish, you can speak to anyone who has done the challenges and they will share their experience with you. I came up with them just to offer some variety for everyone, otherwise it can get quite boring doing the same plan all year even though we all love SW very much :D.

Hope you have a fantastic day ahead Emma, got to catch up on some dairies now. Take care lovely :):) xx

Hi Kay - how are you doing my lovely?

Hi Kay - how are you doing my lovely?

Mandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! :D I'm good thanks hun, how are you ? Guess what I've now made another friend called Mandy on mins and I have 2 friends called Linda and now there are 2 bubbles too, oh and not forgetting miss kay and miss k :giggle: the bunny thinks mins is a funny place, what say you ? :p xx

Mandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! :D I'm good thanks hun, how are you ? Guess what I've now made another friend called Mandy on mins and I have 2 friends called Linda and now there are 2 bubbles too, oh and not forgetting miss kay and miss k :giggle: the bunny thinks mins is a funny place, what say you ? :p xx

Hahaha - there are a lot of Mandys - mostly ladies of a certain age like me :eek: I worked with another Mandy once and we were Mandy 1 and Mandy 2 :giggle:

Hahaha - there are a lot of Mandys - mostly ladies of a certain age like me :eek: I worked with another Mandy once and we were Mandy 1 and Mandy 2

Yes I always wait for others to put a number next to their name if there are 2 of them :p, it would not seem right if I called someone by a number first :giggle: the bubbles have done this already but with the Linda's I am doing L and Linda, to keep them apart and with me and Kathryn its the same, Miss K and Miss Kay, or you can call me bunny :D, now how to keep the Mandy's apart ? are you suggesting Mandy 1 and Mandy 2 ? :p xx

Yes I always wait for others to put a number next to their name if there are 2 of them :p, it would not seem right if I called someone by a number first :giggle: the bubbles have done this already but with the Linda's I am doing L and Linda, to keep them apart and with me and Kathryn its the same, Miss K and Miss Kay, or you can call me bunny :D, now how to keep the Mandy's apart ? are you suggesting Mandy 1 and Mandy 2 ? :p xx

Yep - you could do that or I could be Mandy M?

Yep - you could do that or I could be Mandy M?

I prefer calling people by letters and not numbers and no my name is not Carole Vorderman :giggle:, Mandy M it is then :D. How is the plan going for you this week hun ? xx

I prefer calling people by letters and not numbers and no my name is not Carole Vorderman :giggle:, Mandy M it is then :D. How is the plan going for you this week hun ? xx

Pretty good thanks hun - week days are pretty easy for me as I can only eat what I take to work (no shops nearby) and when I get home I just have my planned meal. Weekends are more of a challenge :rolleyes:

Afternoon the bunny :D

Can you believe I have only just had my lunch :eek: And guess what I had! After saying on the soup challenge thread that I'm not eating soup at the mo, I had forgotten about the half can of soup that needed using today so that's what I had, yep soup
:giggle:However, it wasn't anything like everyone's homemade soup that's for sure!

How is your back now Kay? Has the pain eased off any? xx

Pretty good thanks hun - week days are pretty easy for me as I can only eat what I take to work (no shops nearby) and when I get home I just have my planned meal. Weekends are more of a challenge :rolleyes:

Oh I agree Mandy, I think weekends are the toughest for all of us. I think the key is in the planning, ...she says ...what a load of tosh ! Who cares about planning when its the weekend ! :bliss: Yep that's when greedy bunny emerges :D all sense of logic just goes out the window ! Then its back to Mondays and feeling sorry for ourselves :(, a cuppa tea and our mins friends telling us were a superstar for eating crap ! :eek::D best friends in the world eh ? :giggle: You just don't get it this good anywhere ;) xx

Afternoon the bunny :D

Can you believe I have only just had my lunch :eek: And guess what I had! After saying on the soup challenge thread that I'm not eating soup at the mo, I had forgotten about the half can of soup that needed using today so that's what I had, yep soup
:giggle:However, it wasn't anything like everyone's homemade soup that's for sure!

How is your back now Kay? Has the pain eased off any? xx

Haha ! We converted you :D . Oh back is playing up a bit, I am taking it easy. I have 30 mins of exercise left to do for the challenge, I think I will walk in the garden, don't want to go far out because of pain. I have my group weigh in tomorrow morning, got my fingers crossed for those 11's :rolleyes: hope I make it. Going to go and have some soup now, will be back on later. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day hun :) xx

Okie tokie, time for some yummy kale soup :eating: and a walk in the garden :p yes I'm not being adventurous because of my back. Catch you all later, hope you all have a lovely afternoon :):).

Kay xx

Back