Kay's journey to health and happiness

Ok hun, night night, sleep well Bunny Kay xx

Omg I've been seeing your losses on the challenge Shelley :eek::D the bunny is truly amazed ! Your doing super hun, well done to you and pls can you pass on some of your slimming vibes this way :vibes::p they are much needed ! hehe xx

Thanks Kay :D I'm so pleased with how things are going (understatement!!) I love slimming world you can eat so much lovely food & when having chocolate craving I find all the fab inspirational people on here keep me focused!

Change of plan feeling rather sleepy, will post on my diary in the morning with an update on what's been going on this week, some good stuff and some not so good :rolleyes:.

Night night everyone, sleep well :).

Kay xx

View attachment 157363

* EDITED The clocks go back 1 hour tomorrow :eek: don't forget peeps ! xx

Looking forward to your news x

To give you a laugh I thought cause clocks had gone back it would be a quiet Sunday morning to take the brave step to get my Lycra on & go out to do a Couch to 5K run along the river. Little did I know there was a fishing competition so loads of men in waders saw me wobbly, sweaty & beetroot faced :eek: :p

Good Morning everyone :),

In bed having my peppermint tea and catching up on mins. Oh what a week its been (isn't that what Alan Carr says at the beginning of Chatty Man ? :p). It really has been one of those whirlwind weeks for me. I finally took the decision to take up my job. There's no turning back now, I'm working full time from now on, Mon-Fri. I will miss my free time, but when I get paid at the end of the month, I'm sure it will make up for it ;).

In terms of my next Op for my back, I think realistically speaking, it will be sometime next year, these things take time. In the meantime I am just using painkillers, but touch wood my back hasn't given me any problems this week. I think my anaemia is more under control now since taking the iron tabs. I feel a little less tired, although I still don't like early mornings :rolleyes: lol.

My only problem area now in my life is weightloss :sigh: . I'm doing terrible. I started to go right back to the beginning of my diary and note down the dates of when I got all my awards. It doesn't look good, I've wasted so much time. I started my SW journey in Jan 2013, I had 7 stones to lose to get to target, and its nearly coming up to 2 years now and I should have been at target by now. I know some people that have done that in 1 year :(. I know I've had my back problems and my Op but even so, 4 stones in 2 years is not brill, I know I could have done much better.

The last time I remember being fully in the zone was at the end of August this year, just before my cousins came from America. I was 2lbs away from my 5.5 stone award, then you all know the rest, the plan went out the window, I flunked and now I'm back at a 4 stone loss :rolleyes:. I got my 4 stone award back in April this year, so that means for the last 6 months I have sucked at this and my weight has not gone anywhere :mad: !

To think I was in the 10's in August and now I'm permanently in the 12's :(. I have another 3 stone to lose to get to target. It's now nearly the end of October. There are only 2 months left to the end of the year. I don't know why, whether its winter or what it is that's slowing me down but I feel I will stay at 12 stone even by the end of the year. I have lost my SW mojo and am just not feeling it anymore :rolleyes:.

I have not been going to group for 3 weeks .:eek: I know if I go back I will have gained at least 7lbs :rolleyes:, because I have been eating rubbish these past few weeks. Recently I have been doing a lot of thinking and my mind is telling me maybe its time for a big change. There are so many options going through my head right now, I wanted to share them with you all, I would love your feedback, I'm really confused.com at the mo :confused:.

Some of my ideas :-

1) Leave the SW groups, start doing it from home alone, just using mins, see how I go.

2) Join a new SW group, delete my history and start as a new member at 12 stones that needs to lose 3 stones to get to target. I am considering this as a serious option, I feel I need some kind of big shake up and a fresh start :).

3) Leave SW altogether, do Calorie Counting and 5-2. One of my friends on mins has recently done this and is having great success with it. She lost 6lbs in her first week :eek::).

3) Slimfast or VLCD's - Before I did SW I used to be on CD, I lost lots of weight very quickly but put it all back on again :rolleyes: . I'm not too keen if I'm honest, its not the most healthiest way. I have also seen a lot of people jump ship from SW to Slimfast and have had great losses.

4) The Gym - Personal Training & SW - Before I did the CD I did do SW even before that and lost 2 stone in 2 months but I was having personal training sessions at the gym alongside doing SW. I am actually very keen on this option :p. My doc has said I can go back to gym, I can tell the trainer to work on light exercises for me, which will be ok for my back and I will still lose weight. Now that I will be working full time, I should be able to pay for personal training lessons in a month :). Foodwise I can stick with SW or CC.

I have loved SW and have lost 4 stone on it (well nearly 5.5 :rolleyes:), but with working full time I wonder how well I will adapt going forward. I know lots of you work full time and do it, don't get me wrong :p, I know its all in the planning and being super organised on weekends !

I haven't even done my Asda shop yet, no idea what I will be having for my work lunches this week :rolleyes: because I don't even know what plan I'm following ! I need to decide today. I'm thinking more to go with OPTION 2 and delete my history and start fresh at a new SW group as a new member.

Would love to hear all your suggestions. The bunny needs help :sign0009:.

Kay xx

Seeing as you have already done so well on SW, i would go with option 2 or 4 :)
I rejoined a few times over the years sometimes lower start weight sometimes higher :)
SW with exercise is always good, must follow that myself lol ( I did use a personal trainer a few yrs back when I was near target, and it helped loads :) )

Just my thoughts...at the end of the day it IS down to you :) x

Well, my thoughts are...
Firstly you've not wasted your time completely. You're still four stone down! Where would you rather be, in the 12s or in the 16s. I reckon I know the answer.
You've learnt a lot in that time, what does and doesn't work. I've read your entire diary (lol, not this morning but a while back, yes it took ages) and have great admiration for how you've coped, particularly since your op.

Moving on, you have two number 3s by the way ;), my thoughts would be no.2 or if you can afford it and fit it in, no.4. Slimming world isn't really a diet, it's the basis of good healthy eating for life and health. Exercise is good too, so no reason not to do it, with care for your back. Obviously your limitation now will be time but as you know, the key to that is to plan and be organised. You're great at planning, when you put your mind to it, so NO reason why that can't fit your change of lifestyle.

Obviously that's just my two pennyworth, as my Nan used to say. Good luck with whichever use choose to do and I sincerely hope you'll still find time to share it with us. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Seeing as you have already done so well on SW, i would go with option 2 or 4 :)
I rejoined a few times over the years sometimes lower start weight sometimes higher :)
SW with exercise is always good, must follow that myself lol ( I did use a personal trainer a few yrs back when I was near target, and it helped loads :) )

Just my thoughts...at the end of the day it IS down to you :) x

Thanks hun for getting back to me, I really appreciate it :). I agree about the exercise. Whenever I have done exercise, I always feel good about myself, and I did lose loads last time when I had a PT instructor. I am thinking maybe 2 and 4 together :p, new group, new start and PT together xx

I'd also add, if you can, try and start it this week, at same time as new job because otherwise, there's a danger of slipping into new bad habits at work and after, and keep putting off starting. It will be a lot to do at the beginning but your whole routine will be changing anyway. :)

Well, my thoughts are...
Firstly you've not wasted your time completely. You're still four stone down! Where would you rather be, in the 12s or in the 16s. I reckon I know the answer.
You've learnt a lot in that time, what does and doesn't work. I've read your entire diary (lol, not this morning but a while back, yes it took ages) and have great admiration for how you've coped, particularly since your op.

Moving on, you have two number 3s by the way ;), my thoughts would be no.2 or if you can afford it and fit it in, no.4. Slimming world isn't really a diet, it's the basis of good healthy eating for life and health. Exercise is good too, so no reason not to do it, with care for your back. Obviously your limitation now will be time but as you know, the key to that is to plan and be organised. You're great at planning, when you put your mind to it, so NO reason why that can't fit your change of lifestyle.

Obviously that's just my two pennyworth, as my Nan used to say. Good luck with whichever use choose to do and I sincerely hope you'll still find time to share it with us. Xx

Aww thanks L ;). Yep 2 things I haven't got the heart to do is leave mins and leave SW :p, I'll be right back at 16 stone if I do :eek:. But I think you and Denise are right, option 2 and 4 sound good although I realise I should have typed an option 5 which is combo of 2 and 4 together :p because that's what I'm thinking, to delete my history, new group new start and PT sessions at the gym. I'm not going to start a new diary though, I will keep this one ;), but just change my stats or add a new ticker. Hmm still thinking .... :) xx

I'd also add, if you can, try and start it this week, at same time as new job because otherwise, there's a danger of slipping into new bad habits at work and after, and keep putting off starting. It will be a lot to do at the beginning but your whole routine will be changing anyway. :)

Yes I'm hoping to decide by today, I need to go Asda later and do a shop, although I don't know what I'm shopping for yet ? :D hehe xx

Hi Kay :)
Just been catching up on your diary! Lots been going on! I agree with the above- 4st down is amazing and better than 0!
I'd probably say start with option two, and start with the new job! Good habits from the beginning, as we all know bad habits are so hard to break!
Then maybe when the wages start coming in you can head back to the gym and pt sessions- exercise is great for the mind and body but see where it can fit in for you. Once you've started a routine you'll see where you have free time.
A nice fresh start for you!
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday x

Morning bunny :) I agree with everyone else, option 2 and 4 sound like the best choices. But please never say you've wasted time, you've done fantastically and are a big inspiration to many (including myself) on here!! I think joining a new group will help, you'll smash it! :) xxx

Hi Kay :)
Just been catching up on your diary! Lots been going on! I agree with the above- 4st down is amazing and better than 0!
I'd probably say start with option two, and start with the new job! Good habits from the beginning, as we all know bad habits are so hard to break!
Then maybe when the wages start coming in you can head back to the gym and pt sessions- exercise is great for the mind and body but see where it can fit in for you. Once you've started a routine you'll see where you have free time.
A nice fresh start for you!
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday x

Hello lovely :) I missed you. Thanks for getting back to me. I think your right Rosie, L (Cloudy) said the same, to start this week with the new job. My mind it tempting me to wait another week until the 1st November, new month new start :D hehe, but then tomorrow never comes :rolleyes:, so I think I should be sensible and start NOW. Yep I think the thought of going back to the gym excites me :p, I'm missing some kind of spark to get me going again and I hope with a new group, a fresh start, this will really help. I need to catch up on your diary Rosie, sorry I'm so behind :sigh:. Hope your doing well lovely ;).

Kay xx

Morning bunny :) I agree with everyone else, option 2 and 4 sound like the best choices. But please never say you've wasted time, you've done fantastically and are a big inspiration to many (including myself) on here!! I think joining a new group will help, you'll smash it! :) xxx

Aww thanks SG, its going to be hard wiping out 4 stones with a blank slate :rolleyes:, but I have to stop looking back, I think that's what stops me progressing, I keep looking back and not forward. I need a right kick up the bum. I have not felt like I'm doing well in a long time :sigh:. I want to go back to feeling good about myself. I hope with the new group, a new start and the gym, I'm able to find my sparkle again :party0011:. Hope your doing well hun xx

Thank you everyone for all your lovely feedback I really appreciate all the help and support ;). I best get cracking with my day now, got to go Asda and do my food shop and then plan my meals for the week. I will be on later in the afternoon. Hope you all have a hippity hoppity Sunday ! :bunnydance: :D

Kay xx

Bunnnnny!!! :bunnydance:

Pixie missed you and doesn't like this defeatist attitude you have towards yourself! 4 stone is amazing, so what if it's not 5.5? It's better than 1 or even worse 0 (like me, now I am allowed to be defeatist hehe :p )

I think you do great on SW, especially as you enjoy cooking, and taking away the artificial side of it, SW is a brilliant healthy eating plan. VLCD's and the like are evil...sorry to those on them but they are so so bad for you! Plus they have something like a 90% regain rate when they are stopped...and cost you a VERY pretty penny as well :(

The diet industry is not there to help anyone except themselves and their bottom line. They're all just businesses at the end of the day.

Only you, and your wonderful mini's friends, (you do realise how amazing everyone on here is right? Just reading through the support you have is wonderful and that's all down to you, being the lovely bunny that you are :D) care about whether you reach where you want to be, not any company.

Congrats on the job btw!! Brill news Hun, and will probably get you out of your head a bit (I recognise the symptoms of too much time to dwell, I have it in spades and it does me no good lol) which I think will help you :)

Anyhoo....I think restarting with no history may be a grand plan, because then you won't constantly be seeing what you feel you "should" have done by now and can concentrate on the future. The past is done, gone, does no one any good to dwell on that which we cannot change. Learn from it and turn it into a positive :)

Wow that turned into a little babbleathon lol...pixie sowie :p xxx

Sorry I missed you but sounds like you with the help of the lovely ladies may have made a decision.

I think a brand spanking new group and fresh start with the buzz of new mini goals with shiny stickers and awards sounds brilliant plan BUT don't think you should change your stats on here. You are amazing you've lost an awesome 4 stone and not let major surgery and life lead to it all going back on. All of us on here know how inspirational you are and you need to believe it too. I think you deserve huge kudos for not only keeping going yourself but motivating us too. Also loving the idea of the PT. Would be particularly helpful given the need to be careful of your back. As the motto in my signature says look forward with hope not back with regret xx

Congratulations on the job! If it were me, I'd combine the new group with the gym / PT and see what happens. I'm working full time and sometimes the last thing I want to do is cook when I get home. Now the weather is getting colder I'm using the slow cooker more which is a bonus because I get leftovers for lunch the next day out of it too! I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you!

Bunnnnny!!! :bunnydance:

Pixie missed you and doesn't like this defeatist attitude you have towards yourself! 4 stone is amazing, so what if it's not 5.5? It's better than 1 or even worse 0 (like me, now I am allowed to be defeatist hehe :p )

I think you do great on SW, especially as you enjoy cooking, and taking away the artificial side of it, SW is a brilliant healthy eating plan. VLCD's and the like are evil...sorry to those on them but they are so so bad for you! Plus they have something like a 90% regain rate when they are stopped...and cost you a VERY pretty penny as well :(

The diet industry is not there to help anyone except themselves and their bottom line. They're all just businesses at the end of the day.

Only you, and your wonderful mini's friends, (you do realise how amazing everyone on here is right? Just reading through the support you have is wonderful and that's all down to you, being the lovely bunny that you are :D) care about whether you reach where you want to be, not any company.

Congrats on the job btw!! Brill news Hun, and will probably get you out of your head a bit (I recognise the symptoms of too much time to dwell, I have it in spades and it does me no good lol) which I think will help you :)

Anyhoo....I think restarting with no history may be a grand plan, because then you won't constantly be seeing what you feel you "should" have done by now and can concentrate on the future. The past is done, gone, does no one any good to dwell on that which we cannot change. Learn from it and turn it into a positive :)

Wow that turned into a little babbleathon lol...pixie sowie :p xxx

Pixieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! :D Bunny loves Pixie's Babbleathon :p. Missed u lots and lots, so good to hear from you ! :):)

Thanks for replying to my post hun, yes I was feeling a bit defeatist I'm afraid :rolleyes: lol, but my mins friends have picked me right up, their a great support and I love them all :). Your right I do enjoy cooking but don't know how much time I will have for it because I'll be working full time, maybe just on the weekends. I'm not going to go down the VLCD route, sure its instant losses, but they don't stay off and you end up gaining more than you started with :rolleyes:, so its not worth it. I am liking the fact that I'm busy in the week now, so don't have time to think about food like I did when I was at home, it certainly helps :). Yep my biggest dilemma is whether to wipe out my whole history. I have decided to put that decision on hold until Wednesday when I will go back to see my old C and get her advice, she's always been a great help to me, and I have had all of my losses because of her. I'm still confused there are benefits to starting from scratch too. Oh decision decisions :p. How have you been doing lovely ? Must pop over to your diary for a catch up. It's so good to see you posting again :hug99:.

Kay xx

Back