Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lovely! I am really enjoying it, thanks again for organising it all!

I do think it'll be more difficult over the long weekend as I focus much less on food at work than at home...

I'll just have to make a big big batch sip on it all day haha!

Well done to you to! You are doing brilliantly! Can't wait to see your result xx

Yep I know what u mean, this weekend will be tough on all of us :D. Try and stock up on loads of free non carb foods for the weekend ! I will have to rack my brains but think I will do a list to help everyone on what snacks we could possibly pick on while on the challenge, think that might be helpful to keep the hunger at bay. :) Well done again hun your doing amazing Sophie. Stick with it and I promise you will see a fab number on the scales next week ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! Really feeling hungry tonight, so have snacked on some ham after dinner and now I think I might have my clementines I didn't manage to have earlier. Will have some green tea with it to try and fill me up! And if that doesn't work, I've got some eggs I could always boil!

Hey Emma, luckily the day is nearly over :p, but sounds like your prepared if the hunger strikes, all your choices sound perfect for a red day for snacks. I was just saying to Sophie, I should make a list of what snacks we can have while on the challenge if we feel hungry between meals. Will try to come up with something soon. Hope you get through tonight hun with your boiled egg :D. When you see those scales go down next week, you'll remember this was all worth it ! :) Hope you have another 100% day on plan tomorrow. Good luck hun . :)

Kay xx

Right I'm not prepared.
I'm going to have to get up at the crack of dawn to make soup.

I have 4 courgettes and 3 carrots and 2 red peppers.
I have no onion. I do have garlic. And passata. Actually there is onion in with the passata as it is a leftover sauce I made from yesterday.

Should I bung it together and hope for the best or will it be rank?
Oh I'm such a ninny!
I don't have owt for breakfast either. No eggs, no fruit, no yogurt. Just fruit n fibre and milk. It's supposed to be a red day. I'm such a ninny. Might have to have courgette and carrot for breakfast too :eek:

I do mean this. Honestly I do. I was so wrapped up with stupid weigh in. I can sort myself tomorrow after work but I do want to start tomorrow so will have to make do as best I can. Any encouraging tips would be great. No scolding needed. I'm doing plenty of that myself.

Happy to report a 2.2lb loss after 4 days on the soup challenge - making my total loss 2 stone - thx to Kay for all ur hard work in setting up the salad and soup challenge - they've really helped my stay on track as I was beginning to lose motivation - a great idea and I know it's helping othersxxx

Happy to report a 2.2lb loss after 4 days on the soup challenge - making my total loss 2 stone - thx to Kay for all ur hard work in setting up the salad and soup challenge - they've really helped my stay on track as I was beginning to lose motivation - a great idea and I know it's helping othersxxx

That's fantastic , what a great loss after only 4 days, I'm so happy for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's fantastic , what a great loss after only 4 days, I'm so happy for you xx

Thx Mariavon - I'm so pleased and also grateful to Kay!!

Sorry Linda, had to log off for a while, its late I know but I'm still awake lol. Well done hun ! Smashing loss, I'm so happy for you :party0011: . Well done on your new award that's amazing ! :D No need to thank me hun, its your own hard work that's got you here, I'm happy to be sharing a part of your journey :). I'm going to post up your results now .

Kay xx

Sorry Linda, had to log off for a while, its late I know but I'm still awake lol. Well done hun ! Smashing loss, I'm so happy for you :party0011: . Well done on your new award that's amazing ! :D No need to thank me hun, its your own hard work that's got you here, I'm happy to be sharing a part of your journey :). I'm going to post up your results now .

Kay xx

Thanks Kay - sorry u can't sleep eitherxx

FIRST RESULT OF SOUP CHALLEGE

Well done Linda (Updown) on getting your 2 stone award ! Whoop whoop ! :D

Soup Challenge Results.png
Kay xx

Cheers, off to bed after I've read ur P Msgxx

Night night hun, look after yourself. :) And well done on your smashing loss. Your just fab Linda ! :D

Hugs Kay xx

Right I'm not prepared.
I'm going to have to get up at the crack of dawn to make soup.

I have 4 courgettes and 3 carrots and 2 red peppers.
I have no onion. I do have garlic. And passata. Actually there is onion in with the passata as it is a leftover sauce I made from yesterday.

Should I bung it together and hope for the best or will it be rank?
Oh I'm such a ninny!
I don't have owt for breakfast either. No eggs, no fruit, no yogurt. Just fruit n fibre and milk. It's supposed to be a red day. I'm such a ninny. Might have to have courgette and carrot for breakfast too :eek:

I do mean this. Honestly I do. I was so wrapped up with stupid weigh in. I can sort myself tomorrow after work but I do want to start tomorrow so will have to make do as best I can. Any encouraging tips would be great. No scolding needed. I'm doing plenty of that myself.

Hey Kimberley :p, sounds like your foodshop is well overdue lol . Don't worry hun, make the best of what you have. I know DAY 1 is RED and NO CARBS, but if you haven't got anything else, I don't expect you to have carrots in the morning, unless your a bunny like me :bunnydance: . Have your fruit and fibre cereal its ok just this once lol. When you go shopping buy plenty of fruit, also stock cubes for your soups, also if your short on time in the week then a lot of supermarkets sell `soup mixes ' which are ready cut veggies that you just throw in the pan, add stock cubes, season and boom your soups ready in 10 mins ! :)

I don't know which supermarket you shop at but here are some that Asda do for £1. All soup mixes are kept near the fresh salad section.

Some lovely flavours to chose from. In terms of method, just as a basic guide, fry diced onion and garlic in frylight, if you want a tomato based soup add passata and stock, if not then just add the stock, season with other ingredients of your choice like dried basil or oregano, black pepper, chilli flakes (it would be an idea to shop in the spice aisle and bring back some seasonings for your soups) add your veggies or your `soup mix packet' and then allow to simmer for 10-15 mins and your soup should be ready. If you want a creamy based soup then you can add a dollop of quark at the end, that will give it a lovely creamy texture. Hope this has helped a little. I'm sure you'll do amazing on DAY 1 Kimberley. Good Luck ! :D

Kay xx

Last edited:
Hey Kimberley :p, sounds like your foodshop is well overdue lol . Don't worry hun, make the best of what you have. I know DAY 1 is RED and NO CARBS, but if you haven't got anything else, I don't expect you to have carrots in the morning, unless your a bunny like me :bunnydance: . Have your fruit and fibre cereal its ok just this once lol. When you go shopping buy plenty of fruit, also stock cubes for your soups, also if your short on time in the week then a lot of supermarkets sell `soup mixes ' which are ready cut veggies that you just throw in the pan, add stock cubes, season and boom your soups ready in 10 mins ! :)

I don't know which supermarket you shop at but here are some that Asda do for £1. All soup mixes are kept near the fresh salad section.

Some lovely flavours to chose from. In terms of method, just as a basic guide, fry diced onion and garlic in frylight, if you want a tomato based soup add passata and stock, if not then just add the stock, season with other ingredients of your choice like dried basil or oregano, black pepper, chilli flakes (it would be an idea to shop in the spice aisle and bring back some seasonings for your soups) add your veggies or your `soup mix packet' and then allow to simmer for 10-15 mins and your soup should be ready. If you want a creamy based soup then you can add a dollop of quark at the end, that will give it a lovely creamy texture. Hope this has helped a little. I'm sure you'll do amazing on DAY 1 Kimberley. Good Luck ! :D

Kay xx

Kay, I love you! Ha

It's 3:41am and I'm up thinking about it all. What a sausage. Very reassuring having your post to reAd. Gonna smash this xxx

Day 4 today and I have to say I'm feeling good. Going to have a small (as in about 50g) amount of pasta tonight as I'm having quorn bolognese and it would seem weird to eat it with just salad and green beans. That's going to be my carbs for the day! Managed to stave off the hunger with about a litre of green tea in the end but it did mean I woke up twice in the night to go to the bathroom! I did pop on the scales last night and I appear to have actually put on weight in 3 days! I'm not too worried about it; putting it down to the sheer amount of fluid hanging about in my body after all the tea and the fact that I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning. Not going to weigh again till Monday morning now. Hope everyone has a good day and most of us are halfway now!

Was up at 6am blending courgettes and shizz. Bit runny. Eating the worlds most delicious yogurt now. (It's just an activia but I'm starved as I skipped the fruit n fibre and went to sainsburys on the way to work)
whoop whoop day 1 here we goooo

ok so the soup is actually delish. Again a little too runny for my own personal preference but I'll learn for next time.

It was garlic, onion, passata, courgettes and red peppers. black pepper and a fair bit of basil. Really is delish!

How are all you experts doing today??? xxx

Courgette soup is really yummy. I usually grate 3 of the things, add a potato and some veg stock to my soup maker and just let it do it's thing.

Vegetable soup again today. It's still yummy but I'm definitely going to be ready for something else at the weekend. Speak of the weekend I think it's going to be challenging as that's where I usually find myself going off plan. Have no idea what we're supposed to be doing so just going to go with the flow and stick to things as rigidly as possible.

Will be making a new batch of soup today, I'm going to do a tomato based veg soup similar to speed soup, but I will be adding extra spices to jazz it up a bit ,
Hope your all having a great day :)

Just a suggestion :D

#kaysoupchallenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back