Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
serioussss headache this afternoon
assuming its my carblessness. I've so far had 2250ml water and 3 cups of tea (starving!!)

And peeing constantly!

serioussss headache this afternoon
assuming its my carblessness. I've so far had 2250ml water and 3 cups of tea (starving!!)

And peeing constantly!

The headache could be from drinking too much water. Happens to people all the time. I was nervous about drinking the 2L of water plus the other drinks I have (can't miss my morning coffee, afternoon peppermint tea and evening herbal tea) because it's caused me problems in the past. Sipping little and often is better, rather than trying to drink a lot all in one go.

Thanks for the advice rubyeskimo!
I'm finding the more I drink, the more I want to! Lol.
Usually only happens like that with vodka!

Popping in to update yesterday on the challenge. Well done everyone that's tried it so far. Even if its not for you then its great giving something new like this a go. I've really enjoyed this week so far, but now I'm on day 4 I'm starting to get a little bored of soup its gotta be said. 3 more days though and then hopefully a fab loss is waiting for me!:)

1. DATE: 15/4/14
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 3
3. PLAN: red
4. WATER INTAKE: 2L
5. CARBS TODAY: NONE!
6. BODY MAGIC: 45 mins walking
7. TOTAL SYNS: 9
8. SOUP: Veggie and chicken soup (as day 1)

1.DATE . 17/4/2014
2. DAY 3
3. PLAN red
4. WATER INTAKE 3L
5. CARBS none
6. BODY MAGIC 1hour walk
7. SYNS none
8. SOUP tomato based veg soup
( tomato, celery, leek, carrots, broccoli , swede , red , green , yellow peppers)
Veg stock , black pepper, garlic, ginger, chill flakes , lemon juice.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow...looks like hard bloodeh work but it will give great results!!!

I will see what results I get next week and perhaps start the challenge then to try get to right at the bottom of target range. I know I have Easter weekend so a lot of carbs planned so I may end up gaining a pound or two again and need to lose it =D

I'm still gonna make that chicken and sweetcorn soup though this weekend!! Got my soup fridge bags ready and waiting!!!!

1.DATE 17/4/2014
2. DAY 4
3. PLAN Green
4. WATER INTAKE 2L
5. CARBS 50g pasta (and I couldn't eat it all!)
6. BODY MAGIC 45 minute walk
7. SYNS 0
8. SOUP Vegetable soup

Popping in to update yesterday on the challenge. Well done everyone that's tried it so far. Even if its not for you then its great giving something new like this a go. I've really enjoyed this week so far, but now I'm on day 4 I'm starting to get a little bored of soup its gotta be said. 3 more days though and then hopefully a fab loss is waiting for me!:)

Ur doing great Cheese Thief - I know what u mean about getting bored but it'll be worth it at WI time!!

Date: 17/4/14
Day of Challenge: 1
Plan: Red
Water intake: 2L+
Carbs: sushi :eek:
Body magic: 45 minute walk to work (2.2 miles) carrying 1.2l of soup in one hand and 1.5kg of yogurt and fruit on my back. 2.2 miles home. 1.5 miles to boyfriends parents and back. 1.4 miles to town and back. Roughly 7.3 miles+
Syns: 5 from sushi (16 from vodka :()
Soup: garlic (SF), onion (SF)(S), red pepper (SF)(S), courgette (SF)(S), passata (SF)(S), seasoning & stock

Think I'm gona be one of those with "tweaks" Kay... :eek:

Morning everyone :), sorry I was off yesterday, need to catch up on all your posts, will be replying in a bit ... ;)

Kay xx

Day 4 today and I have to say I'm feeling good. Going to have a small (as in about 50g) amount of pasta tonight as I'm having quorn bolognese and it would seem weird to eat it with just salad and green beans. That's going to be my carbs for the day! Managed to stave off the hunger with about a litre of green tea in the end but it did mean I woke up twice in the night to go to the bathroom! I did pop on the scales last night and I appear to have actually put on weight in 3 days! I'm not too worried about it; putting it down to the sheer amount of fluid hanging about in my body after all the tea and the fact that I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning. Not going to weigh again till Monday morning now. Hope everyone has a good day and most of us are halfway now!

I'm just catching up on posts Emma, that's defo water weight in the afternoon :). I'm sure Monday morning you will see the scales go down, your doing super on the challenge so far hun ! :D

Kay xx

Courgette soup is really yummy. I usually grate 3 of the things, add a potato and some veg stock to my soup maker and just let it do it's thing.

Vegetable soup again today. It's still yummy but I'm definitely going to be ready for something else at the weekend. Speak of the weekend I think it's going to be challenging as that's where I usually find myself going off plan. Have no idea what we're supposed to be doing so just going to go with the flow and stick to things as rigidly as possible.

Hey Emma, I know this weekend will be tough for all of us. You have your 10 syn for the day that you can use. I know some of you haven't been using them in the week, so if you end up using 20 say on Saturday night and you've not used any in the week, I think it will be ok. The only thing I would say is try not to do that a day before weigh in, 2 days before is better. The day before your weigh in you want to try and drink 3L if possible, to flush away all those extra syns. Hope this makes sense :).

Kay xx

Date: 17/4/14
Day of Challenge: 1
Plan: Red
Water intake: 2L+
Carbs: sushi :eek:
Body magic: 45 minute walk to work (2.2 miles) carrying 1.2l of soup in one hand and 1.5kg of yogurt and fruit on my back. 2.2 miles home. 1.5 miles to boyfriends parents and back. 1.4 miles to town and back. Roughly 7.3 miles+
Syns: 5 from sushi (16 from vodka :()
Soup: garlic (SF), onion (SF)(S), red pepper (SF)(S), courgette (SF)(S), passata (SF)(S), seasoning & stock

Think I'm gona be one of those with "tweaks" Kay... :eek:

Hello tweaking Kimberley :p, well done hun for getting past day 1. I was going to say `the more you drink, the more you'll shrink ' but I mean water not Vodka ! :D It's ok hun, I know you told me at the start that you'll give it your best shot and I can see the effort you've put in (minus the vodka lol) is spot on. I'm so happy that you've enjoyed your soup and your drinking lots of water too ! I know this weekend will be tough for all of us. A lot of the girls on the challenge will be able to spend syns because they have not used any all week. In your case I would say do the opposite to them because you weigh later on Wednesday. So have your syns if you need them (10 for each day, no more) and then from Monday-Wed try and pull back, obviously depending on whether you wish to continue the challenge for 7 days. I think don't commit to anything or it will give you unwanted pressure, just go one day at a time and see if you want to do another day. :) But really well done for completing DAY 1, so happy for you. If you do decide to see it through I know you will be so chuffed with the result of your hard work ! :D

Kay xx

Will be making a new batch of soup today, I'm going to do a tomato based veg soup similar to speed soup, but I will be adding extra spices to jazz it up a bit ,
Hope your all having a great day :)

Well done Von, you made that yummy speed soup ! :D Fab for losses !

Kay xx

The headache could be from drinking too much water. Happens to people all the time. I was nervous about drinking the 2L of water plus the other drinks I have (can't miss my morning coffee, afternoon peppermint tea and evening herbal tea) because it's caused me problems in the past. Sipping little and often is better, rather than trying to drink a lot all in one go.

Great Tip ! :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: 15/4/14
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 3
3. PLAN: red
4. WATER INTAKE: 2L
5. CARBS TODAY: NONE!
6. BODY MAGIC: 45 mins walking
7. TOTAL SYNS: 9
8. SOUP: Veggie and chicken soup (as day 1)

Well done hun your doing smashing, think that should say DAY 4 though and 16/04/2014 :) you don't want yourself thinking there's still one more day left to drink soup ! :p

Kay xx

Last edited:
1.DATE . 17/4/2014
2. DAY 3
3. PLAN red
4. WATER INTAKE 3L
5. CARBS none
6. BODY MAGIC 1hour walk
7. SYNS none
8. SOUP tomato based veg soup
( tomato, celery, leek, carrots, broccoli , swede , red , green , yellow peppers)
Veg stock , black pepper, garlic, ginger, chill flakes , lemon juice.

Well done Vonnie, your doing super well with the body magic, water, no carbs and no syns ! :D I think your's should be saying DAY 5 hun. :)

Kay xx

Wow...looks like hard bloodeh work but it will give great results!!!

I will see what results I get next week and perhaps start the challenge then to try get to right at the bottom of target range. I know I have Easter weekend so a lot of carbs planned so I may end up gaining a pound or two again and need to lose it =D

I'm still gonna make that chicken and sweetcorn soup though this weekend!! Got my soup fridge bags ready and waiting!!!!

Hey Lauren :D, well done on the Salad Challenge, your doing brill ! Would be great to have you on here next week, but the rest of us are coming over there next week to do the Salad Challenge, so you could decide to do another week or you can come here and start the Soup Challenge, up to you hun. Hope you have a lovely Easter :).

Kay xx

1.DATE 17/4/2014
2. DAY 4
3. PLAN Green
4. WATER INTAKE 2L
5. CARBS 50g pasta (and I couldn't eat it all!)
6. BODY MAGIC 45 minute walk
7. SYNS 0
8. SOUP Vegetable soup

Well done Emma, another fab day under your belt, your doing amazingly well hun ! :p

Kay xx

THE NEXT CHALLENGE

Well after this Easter weekend, if any of your are interested in dropping off more of those lbs, then once this Soup Challenge finishes, some of us are heading over to the next challenge, which will be THE SALAD CHALLENGE. Here is my thread for that :-

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/338626-kays-salad-challenge-14.html

Please do not follow it from page 1, but from the page that's posted in this link. I have put up a new post for NEW STARTERS at the bottom of the page, and they are the most up to date guidelines that need to be followed, not the ones on page 1.

If you are interested in doing The Salad Challenge next week, please can you go over and post on there, I need the following info :-

Name :
Start Date :
Weigh in Day :

Thanks so much. Please post there not here ! :)

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back