Kayte's Weight Loss Diary - Start Date 21.1.13

Week 8 - Mon 11th March

Feeling quite despondent this morning, I lost 2oz!! not half a pound, or a pound - 2oz :(
I have had more superfree and superspeed this week, no voddy over weekend - and 2oz bah!!!!

CORRECTION - just checked my stats - and discovered I have sts! - I HAVE NOT LOST 2OZ :sigh:

Breakfast
Porridge/water/banana - (wish it was a box of black magic - cos how I feel this morning lol)
Lunch
Tom mug shot - ( just because I can, and can't be bothered!)
Muller lite
Supper
WW Macaroni cheese - 4 syns - and yes, because I can't be bothered!)
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - Porridge
Snacks
Syns
- A big blow out tonight - won't list it all, but suffice to say it was way too much!! Food and alcohol :sigh:

Last edited:
Oh dear - not a good day then.

I was totally off plan this weekend. :( Hubby and kids upset me yesterday, they had forgot about mothers day! after everything I do for them, so was not happy and refused all day to do anything for them, right down to cooking dinner!

Feeling pretty rubbish and unappreciated today as well. Which does not bode well for weight loss!

you must find a little 'hiding place' - for your treats only lol x

I have my own cupboard for my treats, the roulade is gorgeous and only half a syn the whole lot unless you put an White choc Options in the quark for 2 syns x

Week 8 - 12th March

Not happy about this, had a blow out last night - ate anything I could find, and had voddy too. Finding it hard coping with my stress levels at the moment - and so miss 'comfort food'!
I have got back on track today, and will try to put that behind me. I think I am losing slowly, and have now had 3 weeks of sts - out of 7, I think what I found hard this week, that I had 'tried' harder - to up my superfree, and lots of superspeed. I may see my doc this week, as I have PCOS - and wondering if that is slowing my losses. Anyway, moving forward....

Breakfast
Porridge/water/banana
Lunch
Banana/muller light
Supper
Home made shep pie - quorn/onion/tomatoes/peas/sweetcorn - topped with potato/sweet potato. - Large portion cabbage.
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - Porridge
Snacks - pear/nectarine/satsuma
Syns
Freddo - 5
2 p/w - 5

I know where you coming from ive stayed the same for weeks then put on weight, it is soul destroying when you know you have been good.
Id be starving just on yog and fruit, need to get some protein in your diet hun, fills you up and takes away the hunger so you dont over eat.
Good luck with the GP hope they can sort you out x

I know where you coming from ive stayed the same for weeks then put on weight, it is soul destroying when you know you have been good.
Id be starving just on yog and fruit, need to get some protein in your diet hun, fills you up and takes away the hunger so you dont over eat.
Good luck with the GP hope they can sort you out x
Thanks Collette - soul destroying is the right description! Think it's why many fall off the wagon so to speak. I am impatient, but think we all need to see losses, even if they are small ones. Hope your week is going ok x

Week 8 - Sat 15th March

I am going to write this down (as it crossed my mind not to) so I can look back and maybe see what is going on for me re my SW plan.
Had another binge last night, and feels like I am a slippery slope :( Alcohol was a part of it again. So, I am drinking more to relieve stress, then getting hungry/munchie and thinking 'what the heck'! My motivation has slumped a bit, and this may have been where I gave up before when on SW. The STS on 3 occasions has added a little to this - not all, as I know I am feeling rubbish about many of my life circumstances.
My aim for next week has to be, no alcohol - at all! I am actually hoping for STS this week, and not a gain!

Breakfast
Porridge/water/banana
Lunch
Mullerlight
Supper
Turkey rashers/sw chips/egg/beans/tomato
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - Porridge
Snacks - grapes/satsuma/pear
Syns
2 p/w - 5
freddo - 5
Cad mallow - 3

Last edited:
Oh Kayte i feel like im reading about myself reading your post!!

Its so hard to stay on track im hoping that the cold weather is a factor and the warmer weather will help me get back on track.

My cupboards are full of crap, going to have to do a detox of the cupboards and get my planning back on track see if it helps.

Oh Kayte i feel like im reading about myself reading your post!!

Its so hard to stay on track im hoping that the cold weather is a factor and the warmer weather will help me get back on track.

My cupboards are full of crap, going to have to do a detox of the cupboards and get my planning back on track see if it helps.

I agree, it seems easier when it's warmer, spending more time outside - and salads are so much nicer. Having sweet stuff in the house is fatal for me - even though I buy so much less than I used to.
Weigh in tomorrow morning, dreading it!!

Week 9 - Mon 18th March

Weigh in this morning, another sts, but I am just glad I didn't gain after the couple of blips last week! Still feeling quite unmotivated, and dare I say bored. Oh dear, I get bored with things so quickly! Will do my best to stay on track this week......

Breakfast
2 Weetabix/water/banana
Lunch
Tom mugshot/muller light
Supper
Home made shep pie/broccoli/cauli
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - 2 Weetabix
Snacks - satsuma/pear/banana/muller
Syns -
Freddo - 5
2 p/w - 5

Last edited:
STS not too bad then? Its so hard to maintain the motivation, ive been looking through the SW online motivational articles and recipes. Tomorrow is another day!!
Ive been to Nandos today for lunch thinking that it wasnt too bad as its all chicken, then i read the article saying that there wasnt really much of a choice for dieters, oops!! God knows how many syns i have today, lost count, probably have another sts on wenesday if im lucky. x

STS not too bad then? Its so hard to maintain the motivation, ive been looking through the SW online motivational articles and recipes. Tomorrow is another day!!
Ive been to Nandos today for lunch thinking that it wasnt too bad as its all chicken, then i read the article saying that there wasnt really much of a choice for dieters, oops!! God knows how many syns i have today, lost count, probably have another sts on wenesday if im lucky. x

Yes could have been worse lol, I do need to see weight shifting to maintain my motivation - still find evenings the hardest.
Ooops re Nandos - guess its what they put with the chicken that adds the syns. Hope today goes well for you, and good luck fro your wi tomorrow!! xx

Hi Kayte, sorry to hear you're feeling bored, stressed and unmotivated - it happens to us all at some point.

You need to focus on finding some strategies which will help you cope with your trigger points. So, for example, I'm an evening snacker too - I know that I will want something sweet and snacky late at night, so I always save my HEB for evening time and have two alpen light choc 'n' orange bars, (or SW hifi bars, but I see you're not going to a group) often with a mullerlight lemon cheesecake or toffee variety.

That means I generally have just fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, which I've got used to, although I did struggle at first.

The other thing that strikes me from your diary is whether you are eating enough.

I had three weeks completely on plan where I thought I'd been brilliant - low syns, lots of superfree etc, but didn't lose (and in fact gained a pound one week!) - my consultant suggested I wasn't eating enough and not having enough syns. That week I upped my syns to an average of 9 a day and ate more - and lost 2lbs!

You do also seem to be relying on processed foods - I saw that you weren't keen on cooking, which doesn't help, but could you batch cook some syn-free chillis, bolognaises, curries etc at weekends? Then you can freeze them and eat healthily all week, keeping your syns for naughties!

Hope that's helpful. Good luck for this week! x

Back