KD Rambles, including Grandwitch thing

Right. Where was I? :D Ah, sat in the kitchen I think. To continue:

Of course, there would be huge rages. The house would quake. I would have to spend hours looking for the lost whatevers, visiting neighbours to ask if they had seen it, turning the bed upside down and the mattresses apart (if Mother hadn’t got there first) trying to find the lost items. Or the dreaded visit to the local police station to see if anyone had handed it in.

When I became a boy, I just knew this wouldn’t happen. I would be perfect like them. It was important to eat as much as I could to accelerate the process.

The other thing that was important to me was for time to go quickly. I wanted to be 26 years old so much, but the first milestone was to be older than my brothers. That’s another thing I would say during a fight “you wait until I’m older than you, then I’ll get you back!”

So, sitting in the kitchen I was probably completely unaware of missing items, but dreaming of being older, bigger, and having a scream like Jeannette’s.

They looked so good when they were done though didn't they, but I remember wasting so many trying to split them down the middle :eek:

Oh yes :eek:, I used to bribe my baby brother to go and pick more for me as I was always last to finish due to no nails!!!!...lol :rolleyes:

sigh. Is this the end of KD's life story? ... or is there perhaps more to be written at some point? .... There must be more

Oh there will be Dancing, I'm sure :D :fingerscrossed:

Some things are just so worth waiting for aren't they ;):D xx

Oh whoops. I forgot :eek: Can't even blame writers block...cos I'd have to be a writer for that :eek:

Guess I'm a little embarrassed about the thread. Me thinks I just need to finish it and let it die ;)

Will finish it in a mo. Just about to have dinner, but will get it all over with before x factor. Yay for x factor :)

Maybe it was a Sunday, because we couldn’t have been living in a bare house for long after that day. Perhaps the next day was the day they moved. I just remember that moving day was a school day and my brothers had been told to pick me up from after school.

I have minor recollections of not wanting this, but I was a good girl, and if they were told to pick me up from school, then I would be there ready for them. Perhaps I thought they were taking me to the doctors, or dentist and I would need them for that.

I came out of school and stood in front of the gates. Facing the road, the Eyeman lived on my right. I think the Caretaker lived in the house on the left. Opposite were the local shops. A rainbow of colours courtesy of the local yobs and their paint cans

I waited for a while and I remember Paul coming up behind me and jumping on me. All good fun…..that was Paul. He was a chubby lad, came from a relatively decent home. Paul asked me why I was waiting and I told him my brothers were just about to come and we would be walking together. He stood there for a long time and we chatted…probably about lizards, slow worms and dollies :D

There was a thunderstorm. They didn’t bother me at all. My Mother loved thunder and lightening and if ever there was a chance, she would wake us up in the night and bundled us into the garden to watch the lines in the sky. Thunder and lightening was exciting.

Paul didn’t seem bothered either and we changed the subject and watched…and waited counting the seconds between the thunder and the lightening to see how much time we had before we needed to go under the tree, which Paul said would be safest. Paul thought it was a good idea to tell me about what happened to his friend in the last thunderstorm.

I didn’t know this friend. That was confusing. I remember questioning him about it. On our estate we knew everyone. We knew who had fallen out with who. Which gangs belonged to which. Who was this strange outsider who Paul called a friend? A total mystery to me, but perhaps I didn’t know because I was a girl.

This friend had apparently fried alive in the lightening. Paul went into graphic detail about what parts of the friend were left and the shoe that had be blown miles away. I was completely taken in by it.

Paul left soon after and I continued to wait. I watched the local shops shut, Mrs Francis locking up the post office and getting on her bike. The lovely Butcher boys clearing the window of meat. I watched noisy gangs of youths go by. And I still waited.....

Some friends of my brothers turned up, wondering why I was standing soaked to the skin and had not gone to my ‘new’ house. New house?? That’s the first I had heard of it :confused: After some discussion, I told them that I liked the old one, so would go back there, but no, it seemed that someone else had my home. Not only that, but it was a stranger. It would do no good returning.

They reassured me though. My brothers would turn up and take me there as soon as they had finished playing football ‘down the field’. They’d remind them.

It was about 7:00pm (I’m told) that the local Bobby found me crying outside that school gate. Too scared to go anywhere as I’d been told to wait for my brothers and didn't have a clue where I was supposed to go anyway.

:D Long time no speakies. Well, feels like a long time, but probably isn't :confused:

that mean you like missed me or something soft and mooshy? :D:p

I'm about...just had exams and other pesky away from computer type thingies...I'm always watching though....ALWAYS!

Awwwwww, sobby KD. Think I'd sob too. I used to that when I got lost in the supermarket.:cry: Too big. Didn't like being lost.

What parts of friend were left?...and will we ever find out who this "friend" was???

x

The local Bobby knew where my new home was. He knew everything. He walked all over my world and talked to everyone. He was a very good man. He saved me from the river once. I liked him. Of course, he wasn’t a friend. He was the local Bobby! They were never your friends, but in his case, he was kind and I knew he wouldn’t leave me standing there for any longer.

I remembered that when he ‘saved’ me from the river and had taken me home, he had joked about having tadpoles in my wellies. I thought that was so funny. I liked tadpoles

I felt safe with him, and sure enough he took me to my new house.

My mother insisted I MUST have known. She knows she told me! My father said they had probably forgotten to tell me because they’ve had a lot on their minds. My brothers said it was “Just typical” of me and laughed. I know they didn’t tell me though. I know it. There again, I suppose there was a chance that I had turned off; that I had been deep in thoughts of slow worms, dollies and my friends.

that mean you like missed me or something soft and mooshy? :D:p

Nah. Been busy myself and then came back here and thought "ahhh, peace at last" :D

I'm about...just had exams and other pesky away from computer type thingies...I'm always watching though....ALWAYS!

scary!

Awwwwww, sobby KD. Think I'd sob too. I used to that when I got lost in the supermarket.:cry: Too big. Didn't like being lost.

I actually like getting lost. I did it frequently. Brothers used to say "get lost" and so I did. I'd walk and walk for miles until I didn't know where I was, then see if I could get home again.

this was different though.

A) Had been told to wait there
b) Would never be able to find home as I didn't have a clue where it was :confused:

What parts of friend were left?...and will we ever find out who this "friend" was???

x

No idea how much of the friend was left or who he was. Me thinks that he might have been a figment of paul's imagination ;)

Catching up on Friends Reunited the other day, I noticed that Paul has spent most of his adult life as a fireman, and is now thinking of retiring. Ack. Hate it when people my age retire. Makes me want to copy them :D

I was going to finish there, but x factor isn't on until 8:00pm, so I'll continue with more rambles

I was quite excited about the house. It was bigger and had a huge garden. It had 2 toilets!:eek: One was even inside the house :eek:

I was disappointed to find that I had my own bedroom. I didn't want my own bedroom! I wanted to sleep in my brothers' room :cry: No longer would I be included in chatter until we fell asleep or sneaky visits in silence downstairs to steal a biscuit from the biscuit tin.

Besides, I was so scared of the evil rabbits in the wall that would escape if they heard me move around in my bedroom at bedtime :cry:

yey!! :) stoooooooooooory time! I love this thread.

Ohhhhh me tooooo!!! :D Sorry if you want to let it die KD :eek::p

Off to read the next instalment right NOW :D:D:D

Just caught up :D:D:D

You REALLY should write your memoirs down you know! You'd easily have more than enough dosh from the publishing and sales to retire in a lavish manner ;):p:D

Just caught up :D:D:D

You REALLY should write your memoirs down you know! You'd easily have more than enough dosh from the publishing and sales to retire in a lavish manner ;):p:D

HA. I wish. Nah, still not convinced I'm a 'writer'. In fact, it's so much easier that way, because then I can just ramble without having to be concerned with making it grammatically correct, or adding some cool big words ;)

I don't have to deal with the 'rules'. The introduction, the conclusion, creative and descriptive. I can just say what's in my head. Much less pressure ;)

Of course, this does mean that only 3 people will read it :D but that's cool. No pressure to make it more exciting than it is:)

You had a 2 year break from me, now stop whinging. My poor parents never get a break!!

Bless them. And they are retiring. Daddy retiring early. They are probably exhausted. Hugs to them.

Rabbits? toilets...in the house? gosh. You moved to a posh house. What's that all about?
Posh house? A bigger council house, but in the middle of a very rough area. Having said that, I loved that neighbourhood. Stayed there on and off until I was about 24. Was sad to leave when Mother had saved enough for her own place.

Moved to a better area where people didn't talk to each other and you didn't recognise your neighbour, let alone speak to them.

As for the rabbits. Yep, they were evil. But I was brave. So concerned about those rabbits. I hated them being so quiet and used to bang on my bedroom wall and then rush into the adjoining room (bathroom) and put my ear against the wall to 'hear' them.

Sometimes I couldn't go in the bathroom as it would be occupied, so I would just listen to the silence of the evil rabbits. I hated that, but on the nights when my brother had to sleep in the bath for punishment for whatever, the bathroom was out of bounds.

Of course, I couldn't bang on the walls in my bedroom or they might head for me, exploding in their multitudes out of the wall. Banging then rushing to the other side was safer.

On another note, I hated my brother having to sleep in the bath. I hated anyone being in trouble for anything.

I was thinking about this last night. I had this habit of admitting to everything 'norty'. At school, they would say "We've had a report of some child doing this or that 'bad' on the way to school!!!...who was it, and up popped my hand.

Didn't matter what it was. Graffiti on the toilet wall. Stuffing hard tissue toilet paper down the toilet. Swearing at the local pensioners. I owned up to it.

I remember some teaching saying, "but it couldn't have been you, you were here:confused:" and I said it was. It must have been. And no, I couldn't remember details, or why I did it, because I had a poor memory.

I did this for years and when I was about 12, the teachers caught on.

Teacher: "Who has been plying the junior school children with alcohol!??" and put your hand down KD because we know it wasn't you :D

Cover blown.:eek:

Back