KD Rambles No. 2 Food addiction and peptides

PMSL - lost your class? That's great!
That is just the kind of dippy thing I do at the moment - lost the TV remote a few nights ago.
After searching for 30 mins solid - guess where I found it?
... yep you've got it in one..... in the fridge!
LOL

PMSL - lost your class? That's great!

Bloomin kids:sigh: Not good when HT is in a bad mood and 'roaming' :eek:
That is just the kind of dippy thing I do at the moment - lost the TV remote a few nights ago.
After searching for 30 mins solid - guess where I found it?
... yep you've got it in one..... in the fridge!

Obviously....where else :D

Ever lost one of your own kids and then realised you've only got two and so there is no need to search high and low for a 3rd?:eek:

ha ha ha ha - oh dear poor Karion.... I think it is time you put your feet up and had a nice rest!!!!!
I don't have any kids (yet) I occasionally "borrow" my sisters two ( 7 and 9 year olds) and much as I love my niece and nephew to death, I have to say as I shut the door behind them when mummy has picked them up ... there is a deep sigh of exhaustion as Aunty Laura floats gently onto the sofa.... already fast asleep...

I don't know how you people do it.... seriously.

Laura
x

Hi you maintaince folk.

I think this is my third post? Karion said that it may be addictive. This frightened me a little given the food addiction I am dealing with! so I hav'nt be on for a while.

I have found in the past that when either I was on a FOOD diet ,I really struggled. Having a mouth my size I always struggled with portion sizes. I made the excuse I am a big guy so 3 ounces can't be enough.

Then I found VLCDs and the NO food was a real problem. When I was on a high from the rapid weight loss I would reintroduce food and YUM YuM ,back to the every increasing portions or just a little taste in the prepration would'nt do me any harm. Your right it did!!! On went the pounds and stones again. The yo yo dieter had returned.

When Weight-Matters was launched I had to try it because I have tried every other. The Weight-Matters combination of mealpacks and food really suits me and I think I have cracked it. I know the cynics will be thinking just wait and see but I can honestly say this has been the easiest and most effective diet I have been on. I have achieved my maintainance weight and have been using the food list to keep food in my life. I am at my lowest weight for about 20 years and feeling great. I no longer feel I am on a diet just managing my weight.

I have even braved the real world of dining out and having the occasional pint and and not felt guilty as I have my mealpacks to quickly get me back on track.

It has been four weeks now and so far so good. For some reason I really feel that keeping some food in a VLCD makes sense.

I would really like to hear from others out there about what you think.

The optomistic maintainance guy

Then I found VLCDs and the NO food was a real problem. When I was on a high from the rapid weight loss I would reintroduce food and YUM YuM

I did Cambridge which does include food, especially in the last 2 months as you go up the plans. Even so, you eat every 5 weeks and that certainly helped me with the maintenance lark.

The Weight-Matters combination of mealpacks and food really suits me and I think I have cracked it. I know the cynics will be thinking just wait and see but I can honestly say this has been the easiest and most effective diet I have been on.
Wait and see :D :D I think it's a very individual thing depending on our hang ups, our histories etc. Getting in that right mindset...and whether we are ready for it.

I've dieted for over 30 years. Lost 100s of stones :D Bit by bit destroyed my brain and messed up with all hopes of ever having a sensible relationship with food again (or so I thought).

When I finished Cambridge, I was determined to live a normal life without the packs. That's not saying there is anything wrong with them. Far from it....but I wanted to be 'normal'. Eat 'normal' food. Never diet again...and that included not eating diet related foods in order to lose weight (or maintain). I wanted to be in a place where whatever I chose to eat wouldn't be influenced by the scales IYKWIM.

All went well. Even managed to give up my nicotine habit. Okay, there were ups and downs in my mood. The odd panic attack. Would this be just like before. I didn't put on weight, except for 2-3lbs here and there, then off again, but I worried about whether I would ever achieve normaldom.

My biggest stepping stone was at the year at maintenance mark. That's when I realised that yes I had done it. I had maintained. Now I just had to do it for the rest of my life.

That really scared me.

My biggest hurdle was being able to sort my head out enough to never diet again including never having to deprive myself. Never having to count calories/eat special foods/ etc etc. I had to get off that.

Now...if you saw the inside of my brain, you would probably call the nearest vet and demand I was put down. It was going to be a mammouth tast
I have my mealpacks to quickly get me back on track.
And this is what I wanted to avoid for personal reasons. Again, not saying there is anything wrong with it, but I wanted to be able to eat without having to get back on track. To eat the right amount in the first place and if more, be so in touch with my body that I wouldn't want to eat so much the next day.

I wouldn't need packs. I would just eat less without thinking about it.

That was my journey. So far successful. I may have been a tough ride for me, but for once I feel normal. I don't feel like an ex-dieter, though I do realise that I have a history. I must never forget where I was. As far as food is concerned, I enjoy it, but I have no desire to eat more than I need.

HI again Karion or is it?

I am really not sure the best way to use the forum any hints. I'm not used to the forums and not sure how to check if I have posted and or received a reply.

I am very interstedin the AD you describe. How do I learn more ??

Any help will be greatly received

Hi Karion just found your response!
THANKS words of wisdom and humour. I too have lost many stones and gained many more . I think you are right. The best way forward is to find the solution for you and get your mind and body as one! As you said time will tell. I am really optomistic that this is my time. Watch this space( if I can find it again). I am going now before the addicition you warned takes hold.

Ian

Hi you maintaince folk.

When Weight-Matters was launched I had to try it because I have tried every other. The Weight-Matters combination of mealpacks and food really suits me and I think I have cracked it. I know the cynics will be thinking just wait and see but I can honestly say this has been the easiest and most effective diet I have been on. I have achieved my maintainance weight and have been using the food list to keep food in my life. I am at my lowest weight for about 20 years and feeling great. I no longer feel I am on a diet just managing my weight.

I have even braved the real world of dining out and having the occasional pint and and not felt guilty as I have my mealpacks to quickly get me back on track.

The optomistic maintainance guy

Hmmm yes...... I agree some times shakes/soups etc with food is good, but you know that the Cambridge Diet offers lots of different food plans as well and I don't know about Weight Matters meals, but the Cambridge ones are lovely...... and I have tried LL ones and IMO they are :eek:.... any way that was just food for thought, the Cambridge Diet does have food plans as well as Weight Matters.
Can you tell I'm a CD Fan. :p:p

Hello hello hello........hows you ???

Ha...only just seen this (been a bit spaced out these last few days:eek:)

I'm fine. Nice to see you back Sonya :clap:

Wow...this is an old thread. I should go back for a read and see if I still agree with myself.

Reckon I could argue with 'me' over a few point now :D

Well KD - pure genius - as usual hun! :)

Even if you've changed your mind about what you've written - it has made a hell of a lot of sense to me! I'm getting there - facing the AD more regularly & its a very slow realisation that actually - the expected fear is 100 times more scary than facing it & dealing with it ...I now realise that regardless of what my head is saying - food doesn't actually give a stuff when or if I eat it ...it cares not if it lies in the fridge untouched until it goes mouldy & gets thrown out or if I just have a small slice of it & leave the rest ..it's all in my head - as I say quite often - we are all mental!!!! :D

Thanks hun - as ever - brilliant! ;)

debs xx

I'm getting there - facing the AD more regularly & its a very slow realisation that actually - the expected fear is 100 times more scary than facing it & dealing with it ...

Good point, and very true. There was always something going on in my head that if I didn't have x 'now', then the chance would be gone forever :confused:

No idea where that came from. I have the rest of my life to eat x.
it's all in my head - as I say quite often - we are all mental!!!! :D
And some people suffer this affliction in more ways than one
Loonygirl2.gif

Back