KD..!!

Kitteh

Resident geek
Knowledge of all food.. i was reading your other thread, and i was noticing you were saying about "low fat" "healthy" food.. etc.. and i know most of it is totally minging with all the stuff it has in it.. but what about quorn? do you think quorn is an ok part of a meal plan, or do you think thats filled with chemicals?

x x

I know I'm not KD (and I'm sure she'll be along soon). Just didn't want to read and not post Cat.

I don't know a great deal about the make up of Quorn or chemicals but I have tried it in the past in a minced form. Did a spag bolognese and no one in my family realised it wasn't minced beef apart from me!

For me, the texture fels a bit like a mushroom does, like having a mushroom steak disguised as something else:confused::rolleyes:

xxxx

Hey lacey lou.. :D..

i use quorn all the time.. but im trying to eat not as high chemical produced food.. If that makes sense.. i looove quorn.. have fillets in the freezer to do tomorrow.. just wondered if it was on of those foods which is meant to be healthy, but maybe isnt as healthy as it states.. lol

x x

Umm. Not my cup of tea. I remember when it caused big debates across the forums.

Quorn (the brand) say it's a type of mushroom, or comes from mushroom (or something), but it's soil mould :D It's never seen a mushroom :D

A lot of people were allergic to it once upon a time, but I don't hear much about that now.

Wasn't it banned in the states for a while? Vague recollections somewhere deep in my noodle.

Don't think it will kill you if you like it, but everything in moderation :D

Umm. Not my cup of tea. I remember when it caused big debates across the forums.

Quorn (the brand) say it's a type of mushroom, or comes from mushroom (or something), but it's soil mould :D It's never seen a mushroom :D

A lot of people were allergic to it once upon a time, but I don't hear much about that now.

Wasn't it banned in the states for a while? Vague recollections somewhere deep in my noodle.

Don't think it will kill you if you like it, but everything in moderation :D

Thanks for the background KD as I didn't know the details about the mushroom thing, just that it felt like that to me when I ate it....:)

Just read that back. Sounds a bit negative doesn't it :D

Whether you use it or not, really depends on what you want it for.

Great for calorie counting, low fat diets etc.

Normal day to day healthy eating, then it's not really necessary IMO

Thanks for the background KD as I didn't know the details about the mushroom thing, just that it felt like that to me when I ate it....:)

Ahh. I remember all the arguments over it some time ago. That's when Quorn started saying it was a referring to it as something to do with mushrooms.

Will have to google it, cos I can't remember now.

Well.. im not dieting per say.. im just attempting to eat healthy while im pregnant.. and not put crap.. like chemically stuff.. if you get me.. i dont eat a lot of meat.. not at all tbh.. and quorn is my substitute.. like.. mince makes me wanna be sick.. urgh.. gagging at the thought of it.. lol.. therefore when making spag bol.. i use quorn mince.. do you think theres a healthier alternative?

x

Love the nw photo lacey..!! mega cute
x x

Ahh. I remember all the arguments over it some time ago. That's when Quorn started saying it was a referring to it as something to do with mushrooms.

Will have to google it, cos I can't remember now.

That'll probably be why I had it in my head about about it originating from some mushroom?
For me personally, I could not take to the texture of it when I tried it in fillets (sorry Cat!:rolleyes:) :D

Well.. im not dieting per say.. im just attempting to eat healthy while im pregnant.. and not put crap.. like chemically stuff.. if you get me.. i dont eat a lot of meat.. not at all tbh.. and quorn is my substitute.. like.. mince makes me wanna be sick.. urgh.. gagging at the thought of it.. lol.. therefore when making spag bol.. i use quorn mince.. do you think theres a healthier alternative?

x

Love the nw photo lacey..!! mega cute
x x

Thank u hun. Thought I'd let you all see my baby DS again as it's been a while. He's 5 now and a joy every day..xxx

If you want mince, and you prefer quorn, then have it. It's fine.

The problem is when people have quorn because they think it's healthier than real meat.

Sometimes they convince themselves they like it (not saying you K), but other do, when really they believe they are having a healthier alternative.

I'm pretty sure that for a non-veggie, if they were told meat was lower fat (since we have all the low fat hype), they would say they prefer meat...but oh no. The low-fat brigade is chucking out it's propaganda.

BTW, I quizzed some nutritionist over this low fat thingy. Asked her what she defined low fat to be and she said 30% of calories as fat, which sounds about right to me.

The RC diet is about 3% fat. Most other diets about 10% fat.

Just thought you would like to know that :D

i totally know what you mean.. i think it stems for me.. personally.. from the fact i was a veggie for like 10 years.. or more.. and then when i started eating meat again.. fat freaked me out.. i know i know.. im covered in it myself.. lol!!.. but the texture and everything about it makes me gag.. like if i ate steak (which is massively a rare thing).. i would have to cut all my fat off my meat and give it away.. (normally to my dad.. lol).. or mince.. it has little fatty lumps in it.. jesus.. this is making me wanna be sick.. lol. the sheer thought is awful..
I dont mind chicken, so long as theres no fatty bits.. and i love fish.. so i dont mind fish..
which is why i eat quorn basiclly.. if i could get over my phobia of fat on meat.. it wouldnt be so bad.. lol
x x

Oooh I love the fat on the meat. Yummiest bit :D

Back