Keep the red flag flying here...

*Sally Cinnamon*

For several reasons I prefer the red plan....easier to follow, 2 HEBs, better weight loss (IMO)....though it would be good if fellow reds could share our journey & tips....

I do, like most, have the odd EE and green day, however, I feel this slows down my losses. I aim to stick to red until 12th Feb.... day out xx

Hi Deb....this week I have had...

Gammon Steak with salad/veg... the proper kind that is not round lol...OH had a dry fried egg on the top too

Thai beef salad....I substituted Palm sugar for Slenda..... also took some for lunch

Home made Tandoori chicken with salad and a mint yoghurt dip.... again, leftovers for lunch. (£2 pack from Sainsbury's)

Chicken kebabs... HEB wholemeal pitta, with grilled chicken and spicy chilli onions (syn the chilli sauce)

Meals I have the makings of in the fridge/freezer
Roast with carrot/swede mash and veg
Veggie Chilli
Cajun Chicken... just chicken in cajun spices (get the big tub from costco/Makro)
Pork chops....probably HEB some wedges and serve with coleslaw
Steak....again HEB wedges and salad
I use cheaper cuts of beef in stews, with lots of carrots, onions & swede.... a bit oxo and then syn the gravy granules
salmon/tuna fillets in chilli, soy sauce & ginger.... salad or stir fry veg
home made burgers with onion & HEB roll
Chilli (no beans) with pitta bread.

I eat a lot of fruit & veg on this plan...I also make a lot of homemade vegetable based soups.... BNS & pear, spicy carrot, winter veg, spring green veg soup, chicken & leek... great for lunches and before dinner at night xx

Hi, I do red only, always have done. I lost 3.5stones on it as at August last year, then stupidly fell off the wagon and put 2 back on. Well I'm firmly back in the saddle and loving being back on plan.

I never deviate from Red, I love the fact I get 2 hexb but I could never get my head round EE!

In terms of my meals this is some of what I tend to have:

Brekkie - fried brekkie (with frylight of course) and no sausages so all free unless I have ketchup, mullerlight and fruit or pilchards on toast.

Lunches - prawn and extra light mayo sandwiches on nimble hxb, salad with chicken or prawns, homemade cauliflour and horseradish soup, 5 Aldi ryvita (hxb) with cowbelle light cheese triangles (hxa)

Dinners - we eat a lot of fish, salmon and tuna, bolognaise (no rice/spaghetti), roast dinner (no potatoes), I do a lot of currys using the schwartz packet mixes which work out between 1-2.5 syns per serving and cook them in the slow cooker.

If I snack between meals I tend to stick to fruit.

My syns I tend to just use on ketchup, mayo and alcohol!

I too like my red days, although I do do a few green too. You have to be careful though that you dont have too much protein as this can affect yr kidneys. A balance of protein and carbs is healthy.

This is my second week and I have done a red week this week. I felt really bloated last week and think it was because I had overdone the carbs. Been feeling so much better this week and it is weigh-in tomorrow for me so I will let you all know how I have done. If I'm happy with the outcome I will stay on red for a while longer. Had a lovely roast pork dinner today without the spuds (not a huge fan of them anyway). My HEXB's today are 2 Alpen Light bars (a recently discovered yummy by me) and 2 slices of WW Brown Danish. I've not missed the carbs so far but then I am more of a protein craver anyway. I too love the fact that I can have two HEXB's and A's if I want them. I usually have just one 'A' though. I'm happy to join this thread, Jacqui x

Oh yes the 2 a and 2 b choices are great. I am on an ee day today, a rarity and have to keep thinking only 1 he a and b!!! I usually have 2 alpen lights too as a b every day, think I will still have them today and syn them with my choc options

Seems such a shame that we have been moved to the recipe section... was intended to be a page where like minded people can share their journey... ideas and carb cravings

vickidyers said:
Hi all! I'm a red-day-girl too!

My diary is on here called 'mainly red, a few odd green days' or something like that!!

My OH loves red days as we have quite a few roast dinners. He can't believe I've lost 4 and half stone since end of July eating roast dinners!!

Can you add a link to your diary please? I can't find it searching in my phone. I want to do some red days but need inspiration for things to eat :)

great pics... we could all upload them here too... just need to find out how lol

Hi all! I'm a red-day-girl too!

My diary is on here called 'mainly red, a few odd green days' or something like that!!

My OH loves red days as we have quite a few roast dinners. He can't believe I've lost 4 and half stone since end of July eating roast dinners!!

Wow Vicki 4 and half stone since July - WELL DONE YOU!! :happy096: I was pleased with myself with 1 and half since September. :cry:

Like the rest of you I stick to mainly red, I find I gain weight when I have a green day and I am just sooo hungry all the time.

For breakfast I normally have 2 Weetabix, fried egg sandwich (Frylight), or toast with Laughing Cow and Marmite.

For lunch: soup, salad or left overs

and for tea:
1. Chicken stuffed with cumin, chopped fresh coriander and a pickled chilli, and sliced red peppers topped with a little grated cheese and cooked/served on a bed of tinned chopped tomatoes with remaining red pepper slices
2. Pork fillet served with new potatoes (HEB) and boiled veggies
3. Chicken stuffed with mushrooms and laughing cow triangle sliced up and cooked white wine and served with grilled vegetables and 1/2 a baked potato (HEB)
4. Beef casserole
5. Smoked haddock baked in milk or lemon juice with salad
6. Home made burgers with salad - my fav is pork and leek although I am experimenting with Cajun chicken and Lamb and Mint
7. Roast beef/pork/chicken with roast potatoes (par boiled then roasted in Frylight) with veggies

Even when I'm on a green day I use one of my HEBs as meat so I can have curry with rice or paella or jambalaya.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Last edited:
Hi guys

I'm also a red only girl, too many carbs makes my appetite never ending and makes me feel bloated! Feel much fuller and better following the red way of life!

I do have a diary on here but only been going since 1st Jan so there's not much on there but all sharing helps I suppose to give others ideas!

Back