Keeping it Real

Sparkly Shoes

Hello,

This is my first weight loss diary. I have gained and lost weight over the years (more recently gained rather than lost) and have reached the point where it has to stop.

I am fed up!

• I am fed up with disliking my photo being taken - partly because the picture does not match the one in my head
  • I am fed up having to wear size 16-18 depending on where I shop - I love clothes and fashion, but don't want to ask if they 'do' my size (that's why I love shoes even more!)
  • I am fed up with my stomach jiggling when I run - it's just wrong
  • I am fed up feeling bloated and guilty when I have a takeaway - if I'm going out, or taking away, I want to enjoy it

But...

I am not prepared to starve myself or eat tonnes of processed rubbish. If I am going to loose weight for good, and for healthy eating to be part of my life, it needs to be good food. I don't do being hungry - it makes me grumpy and dizzy.

I figure I have about 5 stone to lose :sigh:, although I would be happy with losing 3 as a starting point and then see what I'm working with if you know what I mean. OH has several more, but he also loses it much faster too.

So, I am going to work on creating filling recipes with few or no syns, as many free and superfree foods as I can, while making sure that every mouthful is tasty. It has to be real food, with as little from a packet as possible, but it also needs to be a reasonable price. Although I slipped in the past 2 years, some of the healthy habits from last time we did SW have stuck, so I'm hoping this will be a little easier to manage this time round. To try to keep on top of this, I have decided to write down all the recipes we try that we like, a sort of d-i-y recipe book.

We are going to do SW at home, I still have most of the books etc from the last time, but, as this is a lifestyle change rather than a diet, we will weigh in at home. Can we make this an unconscious part of our lives rather than a totally formal plan. As such, there are a few tweaks we will be making that are not strictly SW:
  • firstly, we will be using my own homemade bread as one of our HEbs as and when we have bread. I enjoy making it and really don't like 'plastic bread'. I also like to know exactly what is in it - 4 ingredients and one slice is filling and it doesn't disintegrate like some breads do
  • secondly, we are having one day off a week - we will go out or have a takeaway and we won't even think about syns :candledinner:

OH and I have done it before and lost weight, but this time it is hardcore and hopefully for good. No excuses, just do it. :)

Wish i could make bread everytime i try it doesn't come out right. Good luck with SW :)

Thanks.
I make brown soda bread which is really easy as there is no kneading and no proving. You just mix it together, gently squish it into a round, cut an X on top and cook. Not very SW though, but you can cut it thin and it tastes lovely.

Back