Keeping the weight off (post-CD)

debz32

Gold Member
Hiya - just a quickie ;)

I've just been doing this crazeeeee diet for 12days now but have been reading lots on the Internet etc. about peeps who come off VLCDs and PILE the weight back on...:(

Does anybody have any 'good news' stories or know of people who have managed to keep the weight off successfully - eating normal food & not continually skipping back to SSing etc.....

Hi Debz

Yes, my sister... it was her success that inspired me.

She lost over 6 stone on Howards Way (another VLCD - came as CD but tastes worse and is more expensive!). She has maintained exactly the same weight since she finished it 6 months ago. She loosely follows GI diet type principles for most of the time, but still manages to go out and get legless every weekend with her friends (she's in her 20's), and eats out once every week or so.

She says that the key is being good most of the time, which then lets her drink and eat out. However, she has radically changed her diet from before... she never used to eat fruit and veg, but now really enjoys them. I think that having the break from food when on the diet gives you the chance to re-educate your pallate.

:D YAY ! that's what I wanted to hear....dont wanna go thru this for nothin !!!

and certainly dont wanna put it all back on again...can't afford to do it again :p

thanx for that Jayne....

Hiya Debz,

There are many on here who have maintained weight loss, Ill get some more to post on here when they come on.

I think the main key is to change the eating habits we have had for years, I know that if I continued to eat the way I did before this bonkas diet then I will pile it back on and more, It really is a case for me to delve deep inside me and change my habits, and perversly im looking forward to it!

Hope you feel better!

Karion Dieting and Ice moose have both maintained fabulously!

You could ask them anything and they'll help

Well I lost 11.5 stone and finished back in February.

I got on the old scales just now and am still on goal weight some 7 months later so must be doing something right.

The key is whether when you do the Cambridge you do the diet or the journey, for some people the Cambridge is just a damn good way of losing weight quickly and effectively, for others they do a journey and while losing weight they come to terms with the true reasons of why they got big and deal with those demons.

I say to all my clients that no one just overeats for the sheer hell of it and ultimately we all have skeletons and reasons for diving into food whether it be comfort, boredom, habit, to cheer up, to celebrate or just because the world seems to be a happier place with a jaffa cake in your hand. But to keep the weight off you must must MUST MUST deal with those demons otherwise you are renting a skinny body for a while.

Also on top of that education is absolutely key! I have learnt loads about food, for example how to actually check if something is low fat and not just because it is written on it!! And understanding truely what healthy eating is!!

Excellent post Mike, said from the heart and so true.:D

Mike that's such a good post :)

I sooo agree that it's important to approached CD as a journey not merely a diet. What great advice to give to your clients - hope you don't mind but I intend to pinch it for when I'm counselling.

I got on the old scales just now and am still on goal weight some 7 months later so must be doing something right.

The key is whether when you do the Cambridge you do the diet or the journey, for some people the Cambridge is just a damn good way of losing weight quickly and effectively, for others they do a journey and while losing weight they come to terms with the true reasons of why they got big and deal with those demons.

I say to all my clients that no one just overeats for the sheer hell of it and ultimately we all have skeletons and reasons for diving into food whether it be comfort, boredom, habit, to cheer up, to celebrate or just because the world seems to be a happier place with a jaffa cake in your hand. But to keep the weight off you must must MUST MUST deal with those demons otherwise you are renting a skinny body for a while.

Also on top of that education is absolutely key! I have learnt loads about food, for example how to actually check if something is low fat and not just because it is written on it!! And understanding truely what healthy eating is!!

Hi Mike,

Well said, fantastic post. I can really relate to that!

Love Mini xxx

Mike, as ever an inspiration, thanks x

Thanx to all for your replies - and especially to you Mike :)

I've read your blog and you are truly an inspiration - great to hear that you're keeping the weight off....I'm finding that everyone has an opinion (or 6 !!) to share with me...and most of them are doom and gloom......your replies have made me feel much much better.....

Only you can put the weight back on, remember that!!

M.

Back