Kelly's Weight Loss Voyage

Also, despite my lack of weight loss this week, I am still yet to experience the tango man so that must mean I am eating the right kind of things. :)

Don't get disheartened Kelly, and try not to scale hop if you can help it (I'm a fine one to talk!).
Considering that you had such a big loss last week, it's probably just your body settling down a bit. It's happened to me LOADS of times over the years with various diets I've started, so I do know how frustrating it can be.
You're obviously doing things properly if you're not getting side-effects, and you're keeping an eye on your calories as well, so just try to keep doing what you're doing, and I bet it'll show next time you weigh in.

If you were a bit further down the line, I'd suggest shaking things up a bit - trying some different foods, or doing different exercises, but I really don't think you need to be doing that just yet.

It could also just be that you're a bit bunged up, or retaining some fluid, so see what happens in a few days before changing anything.

xx

Thank you Alex, that makes me feel a bit better.

I thought it might be my scales so I went to Boots this lunch time, paid 50p and it says I am a stone heavier than I weighed in at the docs on Tuesday? What's going on there?!

I am still a bit annoyed with myself but I am not giving in that easy.

xx

I'm sorry I seem to be spamming this forum with my rambling, and I seem to be far too worried about things - I think it's because I am really hoping and praying xenical works for me, as nothing else in the past seems to.

I have just looked at the printed slip I got from Boots and it say's I'm only 4ft 2 (when actually I am 5ft 8) so that wasn't very accurate was it!? Grrr.

Monday morning here again!

So after a rubbish 2nd week's weight loss I think the weekend has been more successful - I think about 1.5lb - 2lb off.

I have to go for another blood test on Wednesday (I went for one last week and they didn't send/take my blood to the hospital in time so I have to go again grrr) so I will ask to be weighed then.

I feeling really motivated again! Wahoo! I had a big big tidy of the house this weekend too so it looks lovely now.

2 weeks today and my plane will have just taken off for my holidays! Yey! :D

xxxxxx

glad things have started moving again & its great to hear you sounding more possitive & up beat .
our bodies are strange things but we just have to let them do what they do

sounds like you're doing really well mrs :D isnt xenical a wonderful thing :) i shall be being a weightloss stalker now and keep watching yr diary :) i weight myself once a week on the scales at my gym - but i judge my actual weight on my drs scales - the in between weigh ins just tell me what ive lost :) keep up the good work lovey!

xcx

Yey thank you for reading my ramblings.

I went for another blood test today and the nurse weighed me and it said on them scales I'd gained 4kg (since last Tuesday), they were different scales, so I'm not letting it get to me as on my scales at home I think I've lost about 2/3lb since last week.

My proper weigh in at the docs is next Thursday, I'm hoping to achieve my 14lb loss - which (on my scales) I am 3.8lbs away from.

Yesterday's food diary:

B: 2 wheatibix and a glass of orange juice
L: 1 wholemeal pitta bread with ham and salad, caramel snack a jacks and a activia yoghurt
S: Satsuma
D: Pumpkin ravioli, low fat cheesey sauce, with ham bits in. WW Lemon sponge cake.

8 more days at work til my holiday! Yey! xxxx

Well done on your loss you are doing so well, I find there is always a good loss at the beginning and then it slows down, that is norm but remember to measure your waist that will tell you how well you are really doing.

Thanks Joany!

I am soooo determind to loose that last 3.8lbs before I go back to the docs a week tomorrow.

I'm planning on (if my arm doesn't ache too much tonight after my blood test today) going swimming tonight, friday, monday and next wednesday.

xx

Yeyeyeyey!!!! I've lost another 1.5lb - I've updated my ticker and my BMI is now below 40!!!!!

I have 2.5lb more to loose before my first 14lb goal, my first official weigh in with the docs is a week today so I'm really hoping to shift that 2.5lb by then! :D

Yesterdays food:

B: Lidl Special Flakes and a glass of orange juice
S: Satsuma
L: Sainsburys Be good to yourself chicken and stuffing slices, with a scrape of cranberry sauce and light phillidelphia sandwiches, activia yoghurt and a banana
D: Turkey stir fry with lots of veg

xxxxx

hurray!! im loving those comments :) x

Another week gone and I've lost 3.5lb this week, making me only 2.lb away from my target for this month (which I'd like to reach by my docs appointment on Thursday).

I went swimming again last night, which was good.

It's my time of the month right now - which I guess is nothing unusual for most girlies, but actually this is a bit wierd for me. I haven't had a period for nearly 4 years! :eek: I used to be on a contraceptive pill called Cerezette for 3 years, which works by tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant, so you don't release eggs and therefore can't get pregnant. In February I swapped to another one called Yasmin, which you do have periods on, but I haven't had one... which is when the doctor diagnosed me with polycystic ovaries. But yesterday it came on! Amazing!
The best cure of polycystic ovaries is weight loss, so maybe this bit of weight I've lost is really helping already? :D

Yesterdays food:

B: Alpen light and a banana, glass of orange juice
L: Turkey pastrami, light Philadelphia and cranberry sauce on wholemeal pitta. Activia yoghurt, satsuma and a packet of snack a jacks. (Quite a big lunch here but I decided it was okay as I had a small breakfast due to a lack of milk ;) )
D: 2 Turkey fajitas but on pitta bread

Oh and 1 bottle of Fruli strawberry beer (160 calories) in the pub after swimming whilst I was waiting for my boyfriend to finish work nearby.

Hope you're all having nice weekends xxx

Thank you! I've also measured my waist and I think I've lost (roughly) 2 inches off that. :D

Here we are again - another Monday!

1 week today til my holiday! I just cannot wait.

Yesterday I spent the day rushing around Manchester going here, there and everywhere getting bits and bobs for the holiday. Mid-shopping trip I had a turkey and ham subway, with loads of salad and no cheese. I checked the website and it was under 300 calories and about 3g of fat so that's ok, but I forgot to take my tablet - oh well.

Over the weekend I've managed to loose a little more weight too, leaving me with only 1lb to go to hit my target on Thursday. I've got 2 more swimming sessions planned so I can hopefully do it!

xxx

Hi Folks!

Well yesterday was my worst day to date. The day was okay, it was the evening where the struggle started.
I got home form work and my lovely boyfriend had made me a risotto with butternut squash, yummy! Then I had a mullerlight. Great you think? I was meant to go swimming but then felt too tired, then come 9.30pm I was SOOOOOOOOOOO hungry and I was craving a McDonalds Big Mac more than anything. I cried at one point as I felt so desperate (sounds pathetic I know). I've not cheated all month, not even one little bad thing, so in the end I decided to have a turkey bacon sandwich, which had about 200 cals in, and was low fat. I have put on 1lb today (I know I shouldn't weigh me so regularly but I am cruel to myself and wanted to see if I'd done damage). My weigh in is on Thursday so now I have 2lb to loose for Thursday ideally. I really have to push myself now.

xxxxx

hey hunni , you went for damage limitation , the turkey bacon sarnie was much better than giving in to the urge for a big mac , & it prob wouldn't have been just 1lb you put on then , remember , you have a life to live along the journey , its not a race
hugs

Back