Kenwood smoothie2go

mygoodnessme

Does anyone else use one of these? I'm wondering whether I can risk putting hot water in it. Hot chocolate sounds more appealing than choc milkshake :)

I wouldnt recommend it. Blenders etc usually dont cope well with hot water.

Hot choc however is THE way to go (just ignore anything Divster says on the subject :giggle:)

How do you make yours? Like the normal shake but with hot water?

I wouldnt recommend it. Blenders etc usually dont cope well with hot water.

Hot choc however is THE way to go (just ignore anything Divster says on the subject :giggle:)

:ignore:

I use a hand blender and jug to make mine hot [STRIKE]not choc ones though[/STRIKE] My hand blender has a metal bottom part, as my old plastic one cracked! Its the argos cookswork one for around £12

Morrisons sell shakers for £1.50 that have 4 tab locks on them! :p ;)

Id still be very wary using them with hot water though, unless you know for sure they definitely work. Ive got a couple of different shakers and they work fine (and have several clips) for cold shakes but as soon as you so much as try shake them with hot water it comes spurting out

I think I might have that very model, and I wouldn't chance it on hot water at all! I love the smoothies made cold, with a good dose of sweetner and some ice. Makes them all very tolerable...!

I find making them hot very sickly because I can taste the artificial creamyness more :(

Back