kerry katona on This Morning!

Oh God. I just went onto you tube expecting a good laugh, but actually just incredibly uncomfortable, incredibly sad viewing. That poor poor girl. How could things have gone so badly wrong since the jungle?

For me, the comment about her son's crying was quite a telling one. There was an 'anger' there which I don't think a celeb who was fully in control of herself, would ever allow herself to show on TV. That she (and drug / alcohol withdrawal) is probably the cause of his crying is besides the point.

Phil and Fern were brilliant, but there's no way the big-wigs should have let her go on screen and crucify herself in such a public manner.

Very sad indeed.

I do think its sad but goodness me shes had more advantages and opportunities than a lot of people. I think she needs to do the same as Jade Goody should, get out the limelight and deal with her problems in private.

Id say that performance must help Brian McFaddens quest for custody, and really after watching that I cant help think the children would be better off with him. Although I hate to think who'd take care of the wee ones, I cant see her current husband hanging around for much longer now the money has allegedly run out.

Reactions: Taz
OMG!!! i felt really uneasy watching it. Poor phil and fern, i thought kerry was going to start something when they were asking about the alcohol. To be honest i think she looked as though she was on drink and drugs. I would like her to get healthy and be in a good place for the fact she has 4 children.

Yeah also that mark takes advantage of her, she seems to always be trying to please him and keep him from straying buy buying him cars and motor bikes.

A shocking piece of television.

Who is her Manager? Should be replaced straight away I think. She was put on This Morning to promote her new perfume and tv show, but in reality she should be in rehab getting help for her addiction, whether alcohol or drugs.

Fern and Phil handled her well, but she should not have been allowed to do the interview in the first place.

Sadly it is another example of ratings and money taking presidence over a person's welfare.

The ultimate losers are, of course, the children...

AJ

OMG i feel so sorry for her, i think the fact that fern & phil mentions drink, that maybe thats what it is, mixing meds & drink...........
i blame the tosser mark, he`s a horrible man.
I also dont blame her, all the crap she`s had in her life, she prob had a drink for confidence.
the fact that one of the first thing she does is look towards mark for help & get him to confirm the time (looking to get some help from him, which she doesn`t get)
i do so hope she gets away from him & seeks help

there's no way the big-wigs should have let her go on screen and crucify herself in such a public manner.

Very sad indeed.

surely someone spoke to her before she went on air and realised she was not fit togive the interview. surely they have backup plan of what to do if a guest fails to show or something. i agree she should never have been sent on air like that

The slurring of her speech was obvious.
If it was due to medication and they felt the interview should still go ahead then they should have explained at the outset of the interview that she was on meds and there were side effects.
Either they didn't do this so that the shock of her demeanor got the interview more publicity, or she was drunk and they let her go on air-again for more publicity. "This Morning" have behaved in a rather obviously cruel manner to get publicity for their show at her expense.

OK the behaviour was due to medication, cant go into detail but a drug test was taken before her boob op as they wouldnt operate if she was under the influence of drink and drugs, if u seen the clip of her getting her boobs marked up ready for surgery her speech again was very slurred and dazed but sadly it is due to a combination of prescription drugs, i know people put her down but thats a fact, thanks. Her bipolar and panic attacks wouldnt have helped on live TVs this morning.

Thanks

It's online BBC news video click link on right hand side.
It was sooooooooo cringe making felt sorry for her she was way out of it!
Janex

OK the behaviour was due to medication, cant go into detail but a drug test was taken before her boob op as they wouldnt operate if she was under the influence of drink and drugs, if u seen the clip of her getting her boobs marked up ready for surgery her speech again was very slurred and dazed but sadly it is due to a combination of prescription drugs, i know people put her down but thats a fact, thanks. Her bipolar and panic attacks wouldnt have helped on live TVs this morning.

Thanks

I am really hoping that you are right for the sake of her children. How can you be so certain though?

Thanks

How do you know all this out of interest? We can only go by what we see and say what we feel ?
x

It looked like a combination of meds (prescribed or otherwise) and alcohol to me - but that's not based on any personal or specific knowledge, just observation.

It was clear that her husband was present throughout the interview off-camera. She referred to him directly once and kept looking in his direction for support (and approval?) which made me wonder if he's the one who is the controlling influence in most aspects of their relationship.

Like her or loathe her, and I have no personal feelings about her either way, it's a hard-hearted person who wouldn't find it possible to feel some sympathy for her having seen the state she's in now - whatever the cause :(

Reactions: Taz
I'm not sure if it was prescribed drugs, alcohol or other drugs, but she clearly wasn't right and the fact she kept repeating herself, her slurred speech and restlessness did cause concern. I think Fern and Phil did the best they could in the situation, but ss many of you have already said why didn't someone pick up on it before she went on air? Not only should the producer, director etc of stopped it, where were the people that are supposed to look after her ie her manager and bf Mark? Fancy letting her make such a fool of herself. The girl obviously has shed loads of issues and I think she needs to sort these and spend time with her children before making any more public appearances.

Nelly :-D

Thanks

I dont think it was drugs.. i think it was alcohol.. mixing with her medication.. accompaied with her bi polar.. Her op was before the interview.. as we know.. therefore there would NOT have been checks on her (ie to see if she was intoxicated or on drugs)..

poor lass.. eh?

x

Back