Kerrys weight loss journey

thanks tech, are you really in canada?

another green day today.

breakfast (4pm when I got up after nightshift) 4 scan bran and 4 laughing cow lights with plum jam ( 2syns)(hex a1 and b1)

snack before leaving for work hi fi bar (5.5 syns)

for dinner - tomato rice from 100 green days book, 71g (weighted) sardines in tomato sauce
raspberries and blueberries with ff fromage frais,

have also brought velvet crunch (4.5 syns), apple, 2 plums, 2 satsumas, melon for snacks

however the fella I'm working with has brought some thorntons jumbles (posh revels) so have had some of those, about 12 syns.....

so maybe forget about the velvet crunch to keep syns to a reasonable level.... 17.5 today

jumped on the scales tonight at work fully clothed when I got here and was 79.8 kg -woo hoo, gave me a bit of a boost to be under 80 kg, but know not to take it too seriously as it doesn't count unless its weight day at SW.

have also done shred day 24 - feels good doing it, but looking forward to finishing 30 days of it because think its clouding the weight loss issue, feel like numbers not moving, neither are measurements. But I do feel more toned and sometimes even slim ;)

Gearing up for hen party (mine) on saturday, day out in york with the girls, that'll be totally off plan.... but making myself remember its only 1 day out of 7 and next week back on days so that should make a difference.

adjustment to above:

not going have sardines therefore hi fi bar is hexb2
so have saved 5.5 syns
so total syns today 12

if I'm hungry later might have velvet crunch but will try not to, lets call it a contingency plan....

btw the tomato rice for 100 green recipes is very tasty - recommended :)

managed without the velvet crunch and haven't eaten my satsumas either.

but did have 2 baby bels as hexa2

so a good day all in all.

might get weighed tonight before work then go shopping as I appear to have eaten us out of house and home :)

so had weigh in today - 3 pound off !! very pleased with myself,

had my 5 scan bran and laughing cow and jam (hexa, hexb, 2 syns) when I got up
then went shopping to stock up cos was feeling a bit old mother hubbard

then we had fish and chips with mushy peas from chippy.....

have brought all free and superfree foods to work tonight so should even itself out.

am very pleased with my stone and a half award, wasn't expecitng that this week :)

so fish and chips from chippy going to give it 35 syns (talking flexible here...), mushy peas free (thank the lord!)

then I've had anchovies, olives, peppadew peppers and dolmades going to estimate 8 syns

mango, pineapple, apple, strawberries (lots of each) feel very full....

so thats weigh day, back on track tomorrow.......

have got some lemon sole for dinner tomorrow so probably anextra easy day coming on.

will stick to the 5 scan bran a day and will try and increase the water consumption

will be weighing in on Thursday morning this week, am off from work that day

kerryathome said:
so had weigh in today - 3 pound off !! very pleased with myself,

had my 5 scan bran and laughing cow and jam (hexa, hexb, 2 syns) when I got up
then went shopping to stock up cos was feeling a bit old mother hubbard

then we had fish and chips with mushy peas from chippy.....

have brought all free and superfree foods to work tonight so should even itself out.

am very pleased with my stone and a half award, wasn't expecitng that this week :)

Well done on your loss!!!

finished off yesterday with a banana and 2 satsumas.

todays food started with
5 scan bran (hexb) and 5 laughing cow lights (hexa) and homemade blackberry jam (2 syns)

then had a hi fi bar (5.5 syns)

lunch was lemon sole, jersey royal pots with a butter bud sprinkled on them (1/2 syn), roasted toms and fennel and steamed spinach

and have brought a salad with lettuce, toms, cucumber, bernard matthews turkey, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 tbsp light may (2syns), 2 jersey royal pots,
and have brought the fixings for a scan bran chocolate cake, and some strawberries and fat free from frais for later as well as copious amounts of fresh fruit.

am on nights with another girl who is doing SW and never made a scan bran cake so going to do it for both of us later on :)

decided to change my goal weight on here to a healthy BMI so thats 2 pounds less than previously

had my salad, made scan bran cake - ate half of it (4.5 syns) with fat free fromage frais and strawberries, very nice, friend enjoyed it too so I passed recipe on to her. and have also had a packet of velvet crunch (4 syns).

So I think thats enough syns for now.

She had made the canneloni from new SW magazine so she gave me a taste of that, very nice too so will make that maybe for fri tea - have a green day tomorrow I think seeing as today has been extra easy.

am still going to do my 5 scan bran a day this week, see if I get a good loss again. But then will just have to try and STS because wedding dress won't fit if I lose more. Next fitting is Tuesday night.

I think I'll have chat with C to see how to go about that cos I don't want to go back ot eating how I used to and put on, want to STS at least til the wedding, then will probably go off plan for the honeymoon week - going to Morocco so shouldn't be too bad really, a lot of cous cous, limited alcohol cos its a muslim country and our hotel has bikes to use so will get a bit of body magic in as well :)

3 weeks tomorrow YIKES! what'll I focus on after that! will become a proper SW obsessive!

kerryathome said:
3 weeks tomorrow YIKES! what'll I focus on after that! will become a proper SW obsessive!

Exciting!!! Ive nearly been married a year and did feel a little lost after the wedding but we're thinking about babies now and my best friend is getting married next yr so lots to focus on!! Lol!!

Def try and maintain now, when I went for my last fitting the lady said not to lose anymore weight or the dress would be too big! I did drop a couple of extra pounds with stress the week leading up but dress was perfect. I'm sure your going to look fantastic! Hope you post some pics after you get back off your honeymoon!!

What kind of things are you dealing with in the next 3 weeks then? have you had your final fitting? It's so exciting I must say I am feeling a bit like that already and I have another year to wait for our wedding. But do wonder what it will be like without the wedding to think about and to work towards think I will be lost.

Are you having a big wedding? I hope you are going to post some pictures can't wait to see your dress!

hi fran,

second fitting tomorrow night, looking forward to it, not sure if I'll need another one.

Otherwise all needs doing now is get everyone to make their menu selection, get beautied up (days before wedding), write place cards out.

have had a bad couple of diet days but got back on the wagon yesterday,

Sunday - breakfast - 3 quorn sausages, 2 dry fried eggs, half tin toms and some mushrooms,
lunch melon, banana, strawberries with FF vanilla yoghurt

dinner - chicken breast in 'so juicy' (1 syn), lettuce, toms, cucumber, beetroot, spring onion, potato and sweet potato discs, boiled egg

also had a cup of tea with 2 sugars (2 syns - essential for hangover)
2 finger kit kat, mint options (2 syns)

just realised had no hex a or b :(

but other than that a reasonable day

today so far - going GREEN

28g weetabix mini(hexb1) with skimmed milk (3 syns)

lunch heinz ravioli, 5 scan bran (hexb2) 5 laughing cow lights
berries and 0% greek yoghurt

dinner lettuce, toms, cucumber, beetroot, spring onions, 42g low low (hex a 2)

finished off with a banana, pear, apple, 2 satsumas and 2 plums.

When I got home had a packet of supernoodles (10 SYNS!!!!!!) can't believe that, but it's sadly true, with an egg mixed up in them.

But still thats 13 syns so still in the limit.

Last edited:
having a proper pyjama day today, cannot be bothered to do anything lo.

I did take the dogs out for an hour long walk this morning so not feeling too bad about it and have wedding dress fitting tonight so will have to get ready for that soon.

Food today has been pretty rubbish-

brunch - macaroni and cheese pasta n sauce (2 syns), 42g low low cheese (hexa)

2 x 2 finger kit kats (11 syns)

looks even worse when I write it down, don't feel low or depressed, just bored really.

Usually I work a full time job and then at least another full day work with an agency but no agency work available at the minute and have been working really hard to get enough money together for the wedding but thats all sorted now. So have too much free time on my hands.

Would have gone to the allotment but its too windy and cold outside so couldn't be bothered to do that either.

Had ordered a battery operated ice cream maker from ebay, it stirs the ice cream when its in the freezer so will try that out for OH coming in tonight, cos he loves ice cream but if we buy it in he eats the whole thing which obviously isn't doing much for his waist line. See how much I love him lol!

Will obviously have to have free and superfree for the rest of the day to counteract the rubbishness of my food so far today.

Think I'll make the tikka masala with some quorn and rice.

Hopefully will be back motivated tomorrow, have my final hair trial and cut at 10am so will get up when OH goes to work and do 30 day shred DVD, have neglected it over last week or so and want to finish the 30 days before the wedding.

Have decided after the wedding to get a 12 week countdown hopefully to get to target before my 40th Birthday in september.

dress fitting went well, I must have lost a load since last fitting the lace up at the back is really close together now, really can't afford to lose anymore before the big day and could probably do with putting a couple of pounds back on :(, really don't want to have to get dress adjusted, too late for that now I think.

I came home after fitting, walked dogs and when I was putting bin out George, one of the dogs escaped - should be called houdini, anyway, someone found him but I had to walk to next village to get him so a bit more exercise there.

I did make he tikka masala with quorn pieces, added some spinach for some superfree, had it with a hand ful of boiled rice.

Have got some vanilla fat free yoghurt ice cream in the ice cream maker, seems to be going ok, will make a scan bran cake to go with it just now for my hexb.

also had some sliced chicken as a snack and an apple, so I think I can class today as a EE day.

Last edited:
so been AWOL for a couple of days -

Went for weigh in on wed night because freaking a bit about dress - had put 3lb on - bearing in mind evening weigh in, star week and hen do, not upset or even bothered by it. But then got to thinking if I have put 3 pound on that'll come off after period so started thinking about dress again.

had a panic attack at 5am on thurs so ended up going back and having it taken in 4 inches which is good, it fits and looks loads better now, and I feel loads better :)

went shopping for holiday clothes with OH yesterday, ended up eating out, had coconut prawns with sweet chilli dip,
lamb, spring onion and ginger with fried rice,
belgian chocolate cake with cream :(

however, all clothes are size 14 so thats good, usually have to buy size 16-18, so happy days there :)

plan wise I need to be more organised and motivated. feeling achy and sluggish since not doing 30 day shred now, am worried in case body shape changes again and dress looks rubbish - its all very stressful.

I find it really difficult to stick to plan properly when I'm not at work. Like yesterday,

breakfast - none
lunch - 2 slices ww wholemeal bread (hexb) lettuce, cucumber, boiled egg, 1 laughing cow light triangle, 1 pack velvet crunch (4.5 syns)
dinner - meal out as above

snacks - hi fi bar (5.5 syns), star bar (13.5 syns)

not nearly enough water

how crap is that when I look back at it. Why did I do that to myself.

Ok so today at work -
breakfast - banana
lunch tin beans, 2 laughing cow lights, 2 slices ww wholemeal bread
berries and ff fromage frais,
dinner - lettuce. tomato, cucumber, coleslaw mix, 3 tbsp hellmans mayo light (6 syns), 2 crabsticks, velvet crunch (4.5 syns)

snacks - kit kat (5.5 syns), 2 satsumas, pear, apple,

which looks ok, might ditch the kit kat though to make syns better.

need to get my head right back in it and keep on track otherwise I'll soon end up back where I started and I don't want that.

My goodness chill I bet you, you are going to look AMAZING in your dress on the day.

Well done of getting the smaller size holiday clothes.

I have all this stress still to come :)

Back