Kerrys weight loss journey

finished off my night last night with 2 egg omelette with 2 laughing cow lights (hexa) and half a tin of tomatoes.

Today have brought -

lunch baked potato, 42g low low cheese (hexa), homemade coleslaw (2syns), tin of beans,
sugar free jelly with muller light yoghurt mixed in (half a syn)

dinner - roasted peppers, red onion, mushrooms and tomato to mix with a packet of med veg cous cous (1/2 syn)
banana, muller light yoghurt,

snack - boiled egg, apple, pear, velvet crunch (4.5 syns), hi fi bar (hex b) chicken mugshot

so thats 7.5 syns today, if all goes according to plan

again am at work for 13.5 hours so easier to stay on track, am off tomorrow and going to carlisle to see a man about a beehive and some bees - OHs new passion, hoping to be able to get started with wedding gift money :)

so tomorrow might be a bit rocky on the SW front, planning on kippers and poached eggs for breakfast then will probably have sunday roast dinner at a pub when we're out, will try my best to avoid dessert though and will put something in slow cooker in the morning to have when we get back in.

feeling a bit more motivated today, its good to feel in control of my eating, wedding plans all good so far, trying to plan when we can sort out packing for honeymoon and cleaning th house and banal stuff like that

so tomorrow might be a bit rocky on the SW front, planning on kippers and poached eggs for breakfast then will probably have sunday roast dinner at a pub when we're out, will try my best to avoid dessert though and will put something in slow cooker in the morning to have when we get back in.

If you can have a look online of a carvery on your route for tomorrow. That way you can pile your plate with free Veg and will be less inclined to go for a desert because you will be to full.

it went very badly Fran, lol, 2 bacon sandwiches of a van at Carlisle Steam Fair and a pretty rubbish beef dinner, in fairness I only ate 2 slices of beef, 2 yorkshire puds, broccoli and a couple of potatoes, then had half a 12 inch pizza and a couple of glasses of wine, I think that well and truly qualifies for an 'off plan' day.

However, I have been back on plan since then, doing ok for super free and keeping syns low :)

will weigh tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

been awol for a couple of days, wedding plans, housework, getting honeymoon clothes ready because am ato work for 6 long days in a row now so not off til 2 days before wedding.

However, good news, 4 pound off yesterday - very happy with that and my SW consultant was asking if I would consider becoming a consultant too, would love to but work shifts so probably not feasible really.

find being on plan much easier when at work so will have to try and not lose too much before big day or dress will be hanging off me - not a good look!

well here I am after an amazing wedding and honeymoon, will weigh in tomorrow to see what damage has been done then fresh start for me and SW.

today so far I've had:

breakfast - 3 egg mushroom, ham, cherry tomato and cheese (hexa)

lunch 2 quorn red leicester and onion sausages (1 syn each = 2 syns), 1 red onion, 1 potato and half a swede mashed with 2 laughing cow light triangle (3 syns)
1 nectarine

1 piece wedding cake (without marzipan and icing) 5 syns

lots of wedding cake still left, will take a while to get through it all, but if I keep synning it it shouldn't be a problem

took the dogs for a long walk this morning then went to the allotment but it was too wet to do much so I just pulled up a couple of onions and some shallots.

Need to start wearing pedometer so I can keep a track of how far I'm walking.

ate a whole bag of rolos going to put it down as 20 syns :(

then had a big plate of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, fresh tuna steak - lovely :)

Last edited:
weigh in this morning - 6.5 pound on :( still to be expected after wedding and honeymoon and star week.

Right back on track now, just had more lettuce, tomato, cucumber, low fat cheese (hexa), ham, beetroot and orange chutney.

Sugar free jelly, muller light and raspberries

had hi fi bar at group with my coffee for my breakfast

not sure what I'm going to have for my dinner, DH is at work til 11pm so its just me and the dogs.

Going up to the allotment in a bit, need to clean the ferrets out (how exciting) and do some weeding (just as exciting) lol.

Rained all the time I was at allotment, did do some weeding though and thinned the carrots out. Brought them home and stir fried them with the scapes off the garlic where they'd gone to seed and some greens, mixed with a bit of garlic powder, allspice and soy sauce and some noodles. So thats tea done.

also had a banana and some strawberries.

Last edited:
OK so yesterday DH and me went up to Carlisle to pick up our honeybees and hive, left at 830am so stopped and had a macdonalds breakfast :( I had a bacon roll with brown sauce, a hash brown and a cup of white coffee. Thought these would be the better options than double sausage and egg mcmuffin which I would normally get.

The rest of the day was a good one though, made a tagine with poussin, potato, turnip, carrots, sweet potatoes, onions and some spices.

Ate quite a bit of fruit as well, finished off with 4 scan bran, 4 laughing cow lights and some homemade jam.

Was 'forced' into having a glass of sparkling wine at a friends house, resisted a second glass though so pat on the back for me.

Today has been pretty lean on the food front -
didn't have any breakfast just a couple of cups of coffee.

up to the allotment - banana, mandarin orange, 2 plums, chicken leg, some raspberries and strawberries out of allotment.

when I got back after sweating it out for 3 hours or so had a cup of tea with 4 scan bran and 4 laughing cow lights topped with strawberries from allotment.

Will have some quorn with some green bean, pepper and garlic for my dinner tonight, DH at work again so on my own again :sigh:

Tuesday
started with a couple of cups of coffee then a pear and a hifi bar (hexb )

then off to do some food shopping, costco first so had a baked potato with cheese (hex a and about 3 syns I'd say) and beans before I started.

Bought laughing cow full fat today instead of lights so not sure how many of them for a hexa. had a bag of walked baked crisps on the way home (5 syns)

had a banana when I was putting the shopping away.

Have just had a chicken savoury rice with turkey pieces and some kale in it. The had a weigh watchers strawberry tart yoghurt with some fresh strawberries from the allotment.

Might make the strawberry cheesecake from SW website tomorrow to take to group on Thursday, have a lot of strawbs from allotment and DH is allergic so can't eat them so they're mine ALL MINE!!

made the strawberry cheesecake from SW website and was nice but not nice enough to spend 6 syns on a slice so had 2 slices then gave the rest to the dogs, DH can't eat strawberries so made some smaller ones with lemon juice and zest which were also really nice.

Only lost 1lb this week, I know a pound is a pound but after my massive 6.5lb gain I was hoping for more.

So have bought 12 week countdown, will get free recipe book next week. So that 12 weeks takes me nicely to my 40th birthday in September and hopefully to target.....

Yesterday at group our C was asking us how many days we stay on plan in a week - are we magnificent 7, Village people (6), Jackson 5 or beatles (4).

So have decided to go for the Magnificent 7, started well so far, am even completing a food diary this week, as sometimes this keeps me on track, last week I don't think I ate enough or regularly enough. I find if I don't have regualr good sized meals and just graze through the day it negatively affects my weight loss.

Also have gone back to decaf coffee, was drinking the proper stuff last week as hadn't had time to go to the shops, but now am fully stocked up with decaf.

Also am back at work which I also find helps because I have my meal breaks which keeps me from grazing.

So here's to a Magnificent 7 week and hopefully this will lead me to a Magnificent loss :)

yesterday
breakfast hi fi bar (hex b)

snack banana

lunch savoury rice, tomatoes, onion, pepper, mushrooms,
strawberry SW cheese cake 2 pieces (12 syns)

dinner steak (fat removed) sweet potatoes, kale, green beans, garlic mushrooms, balsamic roasted tomatoes,
lemon cheesecake (5 syns)

today
breakfast strawberries and blueberries with FF vanilla yoghurt

lunch 5 x scan bran (hexb), laughing cow light(hexa), tomatoes, ham (70g hexb2)
frozen berries, muller light yoghurt
nectarine

dinner sainsbury ravioli tin (1.5 syns)
banana, pear, apple

snacks
satsuma x 2
walkers baked crisps (5 syns)

probably have some SW quiche when I get in tonight too

Last edited:
ok, so been a while since I kept a food diary but am messing around a bit so thought I'd start it again.

breakfast - nothing :( did take a chopped up banana and muller light mandarin (0.5 syns) to work but didn't get round to eating it so had it for lunch)

lunch salad made of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, turkey breast, 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns), 42g light cheese (hex a),
1/4 scan bran cake (2.5 syns), fat free fromage frais, strawberries, raspberries

dinner 2 x 1/4 pound quorn burgers (1 syn), lettuce, tomato, cucumber, light mayo (1 syn), celeriac
melon

snacks peach, hi fi bar (hex b), banana, fox biscuit (6.5 syn)

red day 13.5 syns

Tuesday -

breakfast 3 egg omelette with tinned toms

lunch lettuce, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg, smoked ham, 1tbsp light mayo (2 syns)
strawberries, raspberries, muller light

snack homemade BNS soup, peach, banana, apple

dinner 3 quorn sausages (1.5 syns), baked beans, tinned toms, onion, swede

curly wurly 5.5 syns

total 9 syns

Last edited:
breakfast 3 egg omelette with mushrooms

lunch 3 x quorn sausages (1.5 syns), tinned toms, baked beans, onion, swede
mullet light yoghurt
banana and nectarine

dinner 5 x scan bran (hexb) 5 x laughing cow light triangles (hexa)
BNS soup (homemade
apple, pear

snack, piece of tesco carrot cake 12.5 syns

tomorrow is my 40th birthday and weigh in day, hopefully will be below 12 stone, that'll make me happy, was really wanting 2 stone award but don't think I'll make it :( still onwards and downwards xx

right back again, have been messing around for a while, managed to get my 2 stone award but struggling to get further, been keeping a food diary this week and thought I'd post it on here too.

Thurs EE 9 syns
late breakfast 3 egg scrambled egg using hexa milk
snack chicken slices, hi fi bar
milky coffee when out (5 syns)
dinner rish beef stew out of EE book, with swede and celeriac mash
scan bran cake (4 syns) cherries, fat free fromage frais
snacks pear, banana, plums, orange

fri EE 11 syns
breakfast 3 egg omelette with tomato and mushrooms, 42g cheese hexa
lunch tomato soup (made with baked beans, tinned toms, tinned carrots, pickled onions and seasoning)
hi fi bar (hexb)
Dinner gammon steak (fat removed) SW chips, pumpkin, mushrooms and roast tomatoes
syn free lemon mousse (home made)
snacks satsumas, pear
syns curly wurly and skimmed milk (for tea and coffees)

Sat EE flexi syn day 80 approx
hex a 350ml skimmed milk for tea and coffee
breakfast 3 egg omelette with tomato
lunch tom soup (see fri for contents)
snacks apple, banana,
dinner out with friends for italian,
starter scallops in white wine cream and garlic sauce
1.5 bread buns with butter
1 slice garlic bread with cheese
spaghetti with meatballs (4) in tomato sauce,
half a thin crust pizza with pepperoni, jalapeno and meatballs,
2 x 125ml glasses red wine,

back on track today

plan for the day

green

breakfast 3 egg mushroom omelette
lunch salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, boiled egg, 42g reduced fat cheese (hexa1), 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
muller light yoghurt
dinner heinz tinned ravioli (1.5 syns)
2 slices of 400g wholemeal bread (hex b1)
syn free homemade lemon mousse
snacks apples x2, banana, pear, 2 satsumas,
emergency mugshot and hi fi (hexb2) if needed,
skimmed milk 350ml hexa2 in tea and coffee

will update later to see if I managed to stick to plan

well, managed to stick to plan all day and didn't need emergency mugshot.

so Monday - EE

breakfast mushroom omelette,
lunch lettuce, tomato, cucumber, egg, turkey, potato, 2 tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn)
homemade syn free lemon mousse
tea (at work) mugshot, 5 scan bran, 5 laughing cow lights (hex a+b)
muller light
snacks orange, apple, pear, banana,
other syns skimmed milk - will update with total by end of day

have taken some chicken breast out of freezer for dinner when I get home, not sure what I'm going to do with it though......

ended up having only 2 scan bran and 2 laughing cow lights so halved my hex a between those and skimmed milk, synned the scan bran and had a hi fi bar as my hex b.

made the spanish chicken out of one of the SW mags and had it with giant cous cous,

so only 2.5 syns today, which is cool after my flexi day on Sat

Last edited:
Tuesday EE

breakfast 2 slices wholemeal bread (hex b) half tin tomatoes,

lunch leftover spanish chicken from last night with a baked potato
muller light

have taken some reduced fat pork mince out of freezer for tonight, thinking about making meatballs in some kind of sauce with pasta, but don't fancy a tomato sauce so will do some research on what kind of sauce to have

just having 2 choc digestives (8 syns) with a cuppa at work, that'll be it for today

Back