Kes Slim Fast Diary

Kes

Gold Member
Hey all...
Guessing this is how it goes...
Slim fast proving very good right now!! had my first weigh in this morning. and wow i lost 3lb!!! I couldnt believe it and neither could my husband!!
I didnt have a great weekend as we went away with friends, so i tried really hard. but still i managed to loose!! YEY

Very happy with myself.
ive started my trip downwards rather than up!!!!

Woop Woop!!!

Today is week 2 day 1 and this morning i got to open and try the banana shake powder.. and a coffee. (have sweetner and skimmed milk in my coffee)
had the dentist this morning so not had my mid morning snack (so scared!!) had 3 fillings. ehhhhh
then attempted to drink a YUMMY (LOVE THEM) peach and mango smoothie, but ended up with half of it down the front of me because i had no straw and couldnt tell if it was going in my mouth or not (extreemly funny!!) so i gave up and put the other half in the fridge. still not had it.. or my mid afternoon snack!
coffee just had (3pm) and looking forward to some food, although how much i can eat is going to be interesting, although my feeling of my mouth and face is coming back... so i can finally start drinking some more water....

Im feeling very chuffed with myself today, and to have lost 3 pounds in my first week (which i didnt expect after being away with friends on the weekend) i was very supprised! feeling very inspired to get weight off and do well!

I want to have a big shout out to all people doing Slim Fast... Its better than some people make it out to be and if i am anything to go by It does work!!!
Thankyou slim fast...

Last edited:
Well done Kes!! Thats fantastic!!

Keep posting on here too def does help to keep you motivated and get advice!

Good luck for your second week!! :D:D

xx

week 2 day 2!!
what a day!!! i can barely move. ive hurt my back again big time. and im in so much pain!!!!

had the rest of my smoothie from yesterday lunch for breakfast with a coffee..
then for mid morning snack ive had boots shapers sour cream and chives disks. and another coffee...
not feeling great because of the pain killers and the amount of pain im in...

have no idea what to have for dinner tonight.. (lets hope the hubby can do cooking for me, hes good like that!)

dont think i can muster the engery to have any lunch! i need to drink more water, but i cant get up to get it LOL....

Yeah bring a big pincher of water over to where you are and a glass. If you cant do that have hubby set it up for you tomorrow. Because that coffee has caffeine and its sucking all the water out of your body. And you really need it! Sorry that you hurt your back. Since you cant work out just stick to your diet till your better!

week 2 day 2 cont....

got to the water. but dont feel like ive drank enough...
ate half my dinner which was a yummy cod in mush sauce, with carrots, broccoli and peas... (my husband makes the nicest foods!!)
but because the pain killers are making me feel so sick i cant stomach anything.... feel like the room is spinning...
i hope i feel better tomorrow!!!!!

Week 2 day 3!!!
Not feeling great today! my back is so sore. and i was up most of the night ill because of the pain killers that the DR put me on.. so im now not taking anything, and putting up with the pain!! OMG it hurts...

slept most of the morning so therefore didnt have breakfast or my morning snack! I had a ham and cheese sandwich my husband had with me (he came home for lunch)
and then we have had the chicken and sage from the slim fast recipies.. YUMMY.. i love chicken so im happy with anything like that.... i did have to take the sage leaves out, as they were strong, but they put such an amazing taste through. it was lovely!!!

Week 2 day 5....
Yesterday was kinda a bad day for me. i didnt feel well. i didnt go mad eating though as i didnt feel like eating (except when i became bored... so i tried really hard to overcome that feeling and kinda did well on that!!!)
we had the avocado and chicken gratin thing from the slim fast website... it was ok..... we used tikka curry paste to give it some other kind of taste... but i dont know if i would put the almonds in there again!. it was nice and i would have it again. but it would have to be one of my faves......
for pud we had a areo chocolate mousse dessert thing 99 cals. (as far as i can remember) and they are soooo YUM!! lol
didnt drink much water.. infact ive not drank much water all week for the fear of having to go to the toilet every 5 mins. My back hurts so bad that even the simple things like getting to the toilet is hard work..
but now its starting to ease up im drinking slightly more....

Naughty me had a slight sneek peek at the scales this morning.. oh how bad am i... couldnt resist myself. just wanted to see if because ive not been moving around but still kinda sticking to the diet if i had lost any more weight.... results come out GREAT but im not going to print them just yet, until weigh in day on monday where i could have completly put the weight back on if i become so ott with the food. lol...
had a vanilla pre made shake today for breakfast... and i didnt think i would say this but me likes the one i make myself from the powder more than the premade one of the vanilla.
although if there are any aussies out there reading this it will make sense to you.. there is a sweet called milko.. very nice they are... it kind of tastes like that... but with a different not nice taste to it... lol

will post again later with what i have for the rest of the day......

DRINK MORE WATER!!!
lol

week 2 day 6!
i can not believe that i am about to start week 3 in this!!! crazy how time is going so fast.
For dinner last night we had the yummy italian creamy pasta, cut the portion down slightly and had a salad with it... YUM!! it would have to be my fave at the moment.. considering we have had it twice in a matter of 2 weeks LOL...

today has been a good day. although once again i need to be reminded to drink... at work im fine, and i can drink loads but at home i dont spend as much time in the kitchen as its off the main area, i dont drink as much.... so thats something i need to work on...

Breakfast, slept pretty much right through that, and didnt feel like anything after my normal coffee to wake me up. and i had a chiropractor appointment. so this morning i had a extra glass of water and off i went. ahhhh my back is hurting so much.... chiropractor did a bit but im more sore from her digging in the elbow!! lol

Lunch had a pre-made chocolate shake YUM lol...

snack i had a slim fast caramel bar.

dinner my husband is currently making us the chilli pork & cashew (another one of our faves!! and we had left over ingredients from the last time)

hope after all of that i wont need a evening snack.
and i will drink some more...

week 3: day 1

yesterday we had an absolute lazy day... and slept right through to about 1pm... (never thought i could sleep that long.. must have needed it.)
then as our monthly treat of take away, we had thai... YUM... its so nice to let your hair down.

and i weighed myself yesterday morning as i knew that because of a big meal last night today wouldnt be a good day to weigh in..
my eyes almost fell out of my head!!
5 pounds!!!!!
i couldnt believe it... i never expected this to happen!!!
i am in shock! lol...
im also very proud of myself.

today i had a banana pre made shake and then went off to the dentist. EHHHHH last trip.

and im about to go and have a shake...THE BANOFFEE ONE!!! YUM
lol
and we are having sausages tonight for dinner. with LOADS OF VEG.. thats one thing i love having is veg! yum....

Week 3: day 2
Back to work today YEY.... lol.. didnt ever thing i would say that LOL... i do love my job though and i hate letting the family down...

Breakfast: Strawberry pre made shake, my usual drive coffee, and watered down weak squash to drink my pain killers...
Snack: SF peanut chocolate bar.. YUM.. love them
Lunch: Banana pre made shake also yum... i dont know if i am the only one that pretty much likes them all! lol... not tried a coffee one though...
dinner ive got no idea what im going to have, as hubby is out tonight... might have a salad, and grill some chicken up and slice it into the salad... hmmm yes thats what ill do. (if i can be bothered when i get home from work.......
keep you posted...

week 3 day 3.

Last night i did cook myself chicken breast with some garlic salt, and worcester sause (if thats how you spell it) and with a stack of salad..!! YUM will def have that again...
and i drank well over the amount of water that you should...

Today im babysitting at work, so im hoping that my main meal isnt going to go too much over.. i dont think it should....

breakfast: my usual drive time coffee, and a late premade shake (not as nice as i was hoping for)
snack: boots shapers mint chocolate bar (yum)
lunch: Peach and Mango smoothie
snack:
Dinner: Baked Potato with 1/2 a piece of salmon, mushrooms, onion, cheesse and garlic. (where you take the insides and mix it all up and then put it back into the potato case)
hopeing it will be nice... will let you all know when ive eaten it.....
1lt water so far
ive not drank much today, (been so busy) but will try and make up for it this afternoon.

week 3 day 4
Yesterdays dinner was yummy, although i couldnt eat it all in one hit. because i had dinner with the children i look after i dont think my body was ready to eat just yet (this would have normally been the time where i graze on what they were eating (as i would make a little extra for me... ) but then when i had put them to bed, i finished it off (thinking that i then wouldnt need a snack in the evening... ehhhhh i got a little :( as i was babysitting last night, and then raded the freezer and had icecream.... ooohhhh it was nice.. but still cross with myself... but hey ho.. if i dont have something like that every now and then, ill be going totally off the wagon!!!!

today, i had.......
Breakfast: Mango and Peach smoothie....
snack: Boots shapers chocolate bar
Lunch: pre made strawberry shake....
snack:...... not sure what im going to have.. maybe a packet of pom bears or some Organix Apple rice cakes.. (yes i know they are for the kids but OH THEY ARE SO YUMMY) and you can eat about 10-12 of them for your 100 cal snack!!!
Dinner....... i think my hubby is doing grilled chicken breast with rosemary potatoes (cooked in the oven with 1cal spray and rosemary) and then peas and corn from the freezer...
need to do a shop me thinks, because there is no fresh fruit, veg or salad things in the fridge!!!
and i might have a evening snack, but we will see....

i also have drank LOADS of water today and yesterday... so im very proud of myself to that too!

week 3 day 5
thought i should quickly jump on here and write up what ive done today.
breakfast: strawberry powder shake
snack: Slim fast peanut bar
Lunch: vanilla pre made shake
Snack:- no snack
Dinner: well it was kinda a flop.. lol... just used up what was in the cub/fridge.. had fish, with skimmed milk cheese sauce on noodles with pak choi and courgette... wasnt very nice LOL...
Snack: well we kinda had a bit of a treat.. we went to the cinima and i had a little tub of Ben and Jerrys cookie dough icecream... im dreading to think what the cals are in that, but we dont go to the cinima very often, and i suppose i prob wont have lost anything this week with having take away sunday night, and then icecream tonight... ehhhh. lets wait for monday and see what happens... (will be estatic if i lost anything!!!)
i didnt drink much water today, which im a bit anoyed about... probly only drank about 1 litre...
and i need to get some more fruit into me....
note to self!!! MORE FRUIT & VEG!!!
I cleaned for the first time at work (taken on the cleaning on a friday) and that was 3 1/2 hours pretty much of solid movement. because i couldnt move very much with my back i was limited on how quick i did it. but when my back goes back to normal i will try and make that a good work out session, with getting it done as soon as and as fast as possible so that i build up a sweat!!!...

Hope everyone Has a lovely weekend, and that the sun shines......
cant believe that yesterday i had to scrape ice off my car!!! CRAZY.... although thinking about it if i am not mistaken there was snow last year in oct, or nov.... cant remember. might ahve to look that one up!!!

anyway.. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

week 3 day 6
we didnt get up all that early, and by the time we did i didnt think it was worth it to have breakfast, or my morning snack.
lunch we had 6 inch sub (from subway) with chicken teryaki and sweet onion... twas not too bad... had lettuce, tomato, cucumber and i had cheese...
then didnt want anything in the afternoon.
dinner i had a bowl of all bran with raisins/apricots. in the hope it has added my fibre, and can help me to go....

had a packet of pom bears and a boots shapers chocolate bar...

im currently still up (its now 2:29am on day 7) but thought id get this done... watching the australian V8 Supercars Bathurst race LIVE... im not sure how long im going to last....

about to drink coffee!!! lol

week 4 day 1.
yesterday, i had All bran for breakfast, lentil soup for lunch and then roast lamb for dinner with broccoli, potatoes, parsnip, and squash. YUM

didnt loose anything last week.. prob a number of reasons... but hey at least i didnt put anything on!!!
lets hope for loss next week...
today
breakfast: Smoothie (peach & Mango)
Lunch: Chocolate pre made shake
Snack: satsuma, and alpen light chocolate and orange bar
Dinner: will have spag bol...

ive drank not nearly enough... must drink more.. (i know i know i keep saying that!!!)

Last edited:
week 4 day 2
breakfast: vanilla pre made shake
snack.... dont remember having one.
Lunch: strawberry pre made shake
Snack: Satsuma
Dinner: Lentil soup

Loads of water!!!!!

week 4 day 3!!!

Wow how fast is all of this going!!!!
(although the weight isnt lol!!)
Today i was determined to do well! be good and drink loads like i did yesterday...
ok water yes....
good.... not as good but not totally what it could have been..
made cookies with the little boy that i look after.. and oh my gosh i love cookie dough!!! but i resisted as much as i could.. and only had a little bit and then because i did that i wasnt allowed to have a snack this after noon!! (gotta be strict with myself i will never get anywhere!!

so today i had....
my usual coffee...
and then when it came to have my shake i didnt feel overly keen to eat.. (so listening to my stomach) i didnt have anything. but drank loads of water throughout the morning.
i had a options hot chocolate (coconut one @ 33cals) for snack
Lunch: Banoffee (YUM) pre made shake
Snack: (as above... cookie dough)
Dinner. Pan fried dinner cooked in garlic salt, wocester sauce, and a little teryaki sauce with a huge plate of salad!! also YUM....
and a cookie (the ones we made)

Ive drank an incredible amount of water today..cant believe it... im doing well on that part!!! lol

good luck anyone reading this.. im sure you can all do well!

Back