Ketosis already?

Elie

Silver Member
Hi!

I tried a ketostix 5 minutes ago, and it says that I am in ketosis? But I have only started this morning :confused: I am confused :confused:

Could it be that my sticks are faulty? or can ketosis happen so quickly?

I am sorry if my questions sound naive :eek:

Elie

Hi there

If you were cutting down on carbs before SSing it is possible your glycogen store was already low which would mean ketosis would happen quicker possibly.

Gx

Yes Elie

You could well be in ketosis now - in fact if the sticks say so - you ARE.

Probably as you have been on a diet for a month and already lost the glycogen stores. Basicially that big loss in the first week is losing your glycogen as the glycogen is stored with water and as the body uses it up the water gets peed out which is why you wee a lot at first and lose so much weight the first week.

At least the fact all your glycogen has gone means everything you lose now will be fat - there will be no fluid loss on the scales now.

Congratulations - probably means the first few days won't be hard lol.

Thanks for your very quick replies girls :D

Yes, I have been cutting o carbs before, but really, I was still eating some :confused:

Ah well, this is good news then :D

I go to the loo every 5 minutes though :rolleyes:

I will have to plan regular intakes of water so that I can go to the loo during break time :p

I am feeling so good right. I am so pleased with my decision to go on this diet :D

Elie

Back