ketosis and allowed foods... confused!

shell09

Silver Member
hi guys! hope you are all doing great.

im shell and currently following a vlcd (cambridge) almost at my goal weight thank god. am aware of the general concept of akins so thought you experts may be able to help me

the aloud foods on cd are low carb but also low cal so cannot get a full answer there.

i am in ketosis on week 7 or 8 so totally init. i have a v. important familly meal tomorrow at the toby carvery a mssive familly reunion.

,y plan is to try n eat a decent meal but to stay in ketosis. is there a list of aloud veg any where as i was thinking meat n veg but not really worrying about kals so could maybe have other veg that i dont usually have. id like to remain in keosis.

if your able to help please enlighten me!

thanks in advance

xx

Meat and most veg - especially green ones would keep you in ketosis - avoid carrots, parsnips (and potatoes but I am sure you would not even consider them) - cabbage is your best friend lol
broccoli, cauli - both good. Have a good time x

lol thanks guys yeah wouldnt it be great to have carb free potatoes and gravy lol i could diet forever o... nad bread of course..... il stop dreaming now.

sorry to be a pain do you think roast onions and coliflour cheese is ok?

damn it!

thanks though!!:cry:

Shell, Hi and welcome love. Go and read the "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" stickie, it has a list of allowed and recommended veggies.

Back