Ketosis and Hunger???????????

smb1973

Right, so started week 4 of CD Sole Source on Tuesday. No cheating at all and have checked ketostix and result was the middle colour. I thought the beauty of Cambridge and ketosis was that you are not hungry.

I AM SOOOOO HUNGRY at times. Right I am and dreaming of food.

Does anyone have this happening to them? I am sticking to it, but it's been more challenging then I thought it was supposed to be....

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Sandra:cry:

I had that problem last week for a few days, I was absolutely starving, so much so I was convinced Id somehow knocked myself out of ketosis. I was assured its totally normal periodically and it passed thankfully. Hang in there :)

I've been feeling hungrier since I started having bars! I checked and I was still in ketosis, so maybe it's just the association of cereal bars and eating them one after another. I agree with the above posters that it will just be mental hunger, that will pass - drink some water, take a bath, try not to think about it.

I am on first two weeks of SS (did two weeks at 810 at first) and am sooooo looking forward to having bars starting next week. I am hoping that since I already feel hungry, the bars won't make me more hungry!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Ketosis reduces hunger, but sadly doesn't always take the feeling completely away.

But... :)

I always find I feel extra hungry the day before I see weight loss on the scales. You know how sometimes you can stay the same weight for a few days, then suddenly drop? That hunger for me signals that sudden drop. It's a lot easier to cope with the hunger when you know that the scales are going to be kind tomorrow!

Hey,
Not sure if its the same thing but i went to cdc and explained i was hadnt cheated and i was very hungry and for the past two days had been feeling a little it bloated. I wieghed myself on sunday and was 14.4 and she wieghed me on weds and was 14.3. She thinks i may be coming down with something and am run down. she advised that on cd your body can take double the time to fight of and recover from illness. she advised if i got worse to come up to 1000 and worry more about getting better then dieting. so far i have stayed on ss but i must say im exhausted. i feel so foggy and drained as well as STARVING. going to see how i feel tomorrow. Like i said could be nothing like you but just thought i would share xxxx

Back