Ketosis and Hunger???????????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by smb1973, 23 September 2010 Social URL.

1. smb1973

smb1973 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Right, so started week 4 of CD Sole Source on Tuesday. No cheating at all and have checked ketostix and result was the middle colour. I thought the beauty of Cambridge and ketosis was that you are not hungry.

I AM SOOOOO HUNGRY at times. Right I am and dreaming of food.

Does anyone have this happening to them? I am sticking to it, but it's been more challenging then I thought it was supposed to be....

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Sandra:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

ketosis should remove the physical hunger .. BUT nothing apart from a change in thinking and attitude or maybe hypnosis can stop the mental hunger we all get :(

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I had that problem last week for a few days, I was absolutely starving, so much so I was convinced Id somehow knocked myself out of ketosis. I was assured its totally normal periodically and it passed thankfully. Hang in there :)

5. smb1973

smb1973 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I will just have to deal with it and hope that it passes.

I suppose no one said it would be easy!

6. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've been feeling hungrier since I started having bars! I checked and I was still in ketosis, so maybe it's just the association of cereal bars and eating them one after another. I agree with the above posters that it will just be mental hunger, that will pass - drink some water, take a bath, try not to think about it.

7. smb1973

smb1973 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am on first two weeks of SS (did two weeks at 810 at first) and am sooooo looking forward to having bars starting next week. I am hoping that since I already feel hungry, the bars won't make me more hungry!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

8. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Ketosis reduces hunger, but sadly doesn't always take the feeling completely away.

But... :)

I always find I feel extra hungry the day before I see weight loss on the scales. You know how sometimes you can stay the same weight for a few days, then suddenly drop? That hunger for me signals that sudden drop. It's a lot easier to cope with the hunger when you know that the scales are going to be kind tomorrow!

9. gennalouise

gennalouise Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey,
    Not sure if its the same thing but i went to cdc and explained i was hadnt cheated and i was very hungry and for the past two days had been feeling a little it bloated. I wieghed myself on sunday and was 14.4 and she wieghed me on weds and was 14.3. She thinks i may be coming down with something and am run down. she advised that on cd your body can take double the time to fight of and recover from illness. she advised if i got worse to come up to 1000 and worry more about getting better then dieting. so far i have stayed on ss but i must say im exhausted. i feel so foggy and drained as well as STARVING. going to see how i feel tomorrow. Like i said could be nothing like you but just thought i would share xxxx

10. smb1973

smb1973 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    That's all really helpful. Thank you. I am going to get weighed today, so hopefully will not be disappointed!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.