Ketosis and medical - possibly tmi for some!

wrink are you serious? she actually told her daughter to stop at 20st when that is not healthly for her? I mean if she got to a weight within her BMI range did she not realize the health benefits for her daughter? living longer and etc.. people are incredible..

I agree with bad jar at least we have support on here.

No, I think I may have put it badly, The daughter had been size 24 & 'slimmed' down to size 20. The mum was over 20st - in fact she was too heavy for the local hospital scales. The mum simply could not see how unhealthy their style & quantity of eating was.

Either way, it wasn't fair of the mum to do that.

You are quite right, it wasn't fair. The mum lived to eat & expected her daughter to be the same, to cap it all both parents were diabetic! I can't help wondering if the daughter is now.

A lot of my family are big and we all love ur food so it's a struggle. My mum is supportive but also uber competetive. If she's losing she's always on at me and my bro to ask why we aren't! Love her to bits but she does drive me crazy sometimes!

Yeah, well - I can't help wondering if I drive my lot nuts, or they think I am. I do at times catch the two who live in England casting their eyes to heaven when I'm around.... :rolleyes: :D

I don't have kids but I'm sure when I do and they're old enough to have friends they'll realise their mum is a total loony!:D

Wrinkly thats a terrible story! I would like to slap some people!

Yes, it's surprising how many people are like that, they know best! When I was young I was naive enough to try to persuade them but I realize now that it's useless. Brick walls & heads come to mind.

I know people like that. If her mum is the only person in her life to guide her then that's all she'll believe. There's also possibly a level of fear, conscious or not, of going against her. As you said, Mum knows best!

I think there are a lot of people like that around.

So many people simply have no idea and of course there are so many conflicting opinions on what a healthy diet consists of. Then there is portion size, an average portion in one persons opinion, wouldn't keep a bird alive, in another's.

Yes well, I know I have the right diet these days, my annual MOT confirms it. :D

Back