Ketosis/Breath Question

princess-of-power

VLCDing...again!
Hey guys,

I am on Day 10 today and doing great. Positive and happy I made the choice to do this.

Only niggling worry is, last week I went into Ketosis on day 2 with terrible stinky breath/bad taste and a dry mouth which lasted all week. Since this weekend though the breath hasnt been as bad and my mouth is not as dry. Im drinking plenty of water (2-3 litres a day mostly) and havent cheated a bit. I last checked my ketones on sunday and I was a dark purple - but I always throw off a lot of ketones no matter how much water I drink on these diets.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed if their breath doesnt get as bad? I dont think its because Ive gotten used to it, because it was so bad last week it made me nauseous!

Hi hun, I am the same as you but i think i might have knocked myself out of ketosis on saturday using a breath drop :sigh:. Anyway I was really hungry over the weekend so that kinda confirms it for me. Are you feeling hungry or is it just breath? If you not hungry then i'd say you are fine.

Niamh xxx

Hey thanks for answering so quickly!

Im not really hungry to be honest, I only get a little hungry when I havent had a shake for hours (because sometimes I have to go a long time between them because of work). Ive not done anything different I dont think. We left our ketostix with my sis in law on sunday so I may nip into Boots tomorrow and just check im still in ketosis. :)

I've noticed that my breath isn't as minging as it was in the first week. Where do you get the sticks from that check you're in ketosis?

Yeah sometimes my breath is a mess and sometimes it seems fine. Keep some strips on me at all times thou.

My breath was really bad to begin with, but it is okay now, I think!
As long as you stick to the plan 100% you will be in ketosis,

Clair x

haha my breath was so bad the first week that even the cat shot away from me in disgust :D
Settled down now tho! If you're not hungry I'd say things were fine :)

Hi Princess,
My breath definitely isn't as bad as it was in the first week, drinking lots of water helps because instead of breathing out the ketones you pee them out. I recommend getting a few packs of the Nu Phar strips, they just make you feel more confident when you have to talk to people face to face!

your fine dont be worrying about it if you havent cheated them your in ketosis

my breath is up and down!!! some days it isnt 2 bad at all and other days it is like i have a sewer in my gut lol tmi i know :) i think it just depends hun but if you're not feeling hungry and it says you are in ketosis then i would just be happy that you don't have death breath x x x
Does everyone get bad breath when they're on LT? I was on LT last year for 12 weeks and my hubby said that my breath was fine, I asked my mum also and she said I didn't have bad breath.

This time round my hubby still says that my breath is fine, even though he says this I tend not to get too close to anyone when we're talking.....paranoia I guess.

I have got a furry tongue and a funny taste in my mouth though.

So is it different for everyone?

I never had bad breath either during LT, but used listerine strips just in case, I found sparkling water was good for that furry tongue feeling.

Ive just bought some new Ketostix and I am most definately in ketosis! Woohoo! I did order some nu-pharm strips off ebay but dont like using them all the time because they're expensive. I have to speak to people all the time in my job so Im just delighted my death breath is gone! Well, its not gone, I can still detect a subtle element of mankiness today....but its no-where near as bad as it was last week so YAY!

Hey thanks for answering so quickly!

Im not really hungry to be honest, I only get a little hungry when I havent had a shake for hours (because sometimes I have to go a long time between them because of work). Ive not done anything different I dont think. We left our ketostix with my sis in law on sunday so I may nip into Boots tomorrow and just check im still in ketosis. :)

Hi Princess,
Do they do them at boots- I asked in store and had a look online but couldn't find them- do they call them something else?
Thanks
T x

Back