Ketosis Checks

if you are sticking to the diet and losing weight then you are most likely in ketosis.

however, my pharm always checks mine weekly - he said if i am not drinking enough it will show as a high result, and if i stop losing weight it may indicate a prob if ketones are present and equally, if i am losing weight without ketones, he would also want to know.

its like a little check up really. ask for a pee sample bottle from the phram or dr's and take one in next time. you can also buy them too.

TBH...I wouldnt bother .. you are obviously in ketosis and if you're not careful the stix can rule your feelings ...you are burning fat an dloosing! unless you cheat you have no chance of coming out of ketosis x

I think the only reason the chemist should check is if you only lost a pound, stayed the same or put weight on, if you loose 2 pounds the odd week it is to be expected, but on the whole if you are loosing 3 or more pounds on average every week then there would be no need to check! x

My chemist has never checked. I have some stix but rarely use them. As long as I'm loosing and not cheating then I'm happy.

If your chemist doesn't ask then don't worry, just make sure you drink plenty to wash the ketones out.

x

Back