Ketosis Checks

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Madferret, 24 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hiya
    Reading some of the threads already on here, they mention that your chemist should be checking that you have ketones in your urine when you go for a weigh in. I've not been offered that, but I have seen the ketosis sticks in the weight room. Should I be asking for this, or as long as I am losing, does it matter ?
    Thanks...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    if you are sticking to the diet and losing weight then you are most likely in ketosis.

however, my pharm always checks mine weekly - he said if i am not drinking enough it will show as a high result, and if i stop losing weight it may indicate a prob if ketones are present and equally, if i am losing weight without ketones, he would also want to know.

its like a little check up really. ask for a pee sample bottle from the phram or dr's and take one in next time. you can also buy them too.

4. nictastic

nictastic Says it as it is!!!

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    TBH...I wouldnt bother .. you are obviously in ketosis and if you're not careful the stix can rule your feelings ...you are burning fat an dloosing! unless you cheat you have no chance of coming out of ketosis x

5. thefutureisbright

thefutureisbright Banned

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    I think the only reason the chemist should check is if you only lost a pound, stayed the same or put weight on, if you loose 2 pounds the odd week it is to be expected, but on the whole if you are loosing 3 or more pounds on average every week then there would be no need to check! x

6. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for clearing that up - much appreciated...
    I'll only worry if my weight loss starts slowing down
    Cheers

7. satty

satty Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I never been checked, then again its only 3 weeks, as long as u stick to it, you should be fine

8. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    My chemist has never checked. I have some stix but rarely use them. As long as I'm loosing and not cheating then I'm happy.

If your chemist doesn't ask then don't worry, just make sure you drink plenty to wash the ketones out.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.