Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ketosis has saved me from curry!!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by willowmcg, 22 April 2011 Social URL.

1. willowmcg

willowmcg Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.93%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, exante
    Husband just phoned and asked if I wanted to go out tonight. I said no but I was swithering. Anyway I tried a ketostix to see if I was there yet and it's finally happened. I am only in the first pink one but it was enough to make me decide not to go.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

the first pink one is good honey, any further means you are not drinking enough x

4. mini~mimms

mini~mimms Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    well done for being strong it is so hard i am also on day 4 and jumped on the scales this morning to keep me going and it said 7lbs down where did you get the ketosis sticks from ? my pharmacey never gave me any so dont no if im in ketosis or not lol x

5. willowmcg

willowmcg Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.93%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, exante
    Wasnt sure if that was enough on the first one, glad to know thats a good place, thanks Cheryl, I was hoping to get dark purple thinking that was best.

Congrats on the 7lbs mini, thats great, keep it up. I bought ketostix from LLoyds chemist I think. Cant remember how much exactly but around £3 mark I think.

6. dolphin10

dolphin10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(19.42%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Slimming World
    Ketostix

This is site is great packed with information on every topic you can think of.
    I have just been to Lloyds Pharmacy for Ketostix. Having done the test after 3 days of being on Lipotrim I tested negative which is very disappointing because I have been 100% disciplined with LT. I suppose every individual is different, I would appreciate comments from others.:mad:

7. danni01

danni01 Full Member

I asked for some at a Lloyds chemist as my chemist doesn't recommend using them & they wanted £26!!!

8. KingMaker79

KingMaker79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.79%)
    Diet:
    Exante
  9. dolphin10

dolphin10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(19.42%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Slimming World
    ketostix

--------------------------------------
    Danni

I enquired at my local Boots this morning, they offered a pack of 50 for £9.36. Lloyds offered much cheaper rate of £5.36.
    I have seen discussion on these forums regarding the use of Ketostixs so I thought I might as well do my own tests. So far very poor results despite 100% effort from me, but I feel if I have lost weight.:break_diet:

10. emmievic

emmievic Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    LT
    Mine is pretty dark and I deffo drink enough water - at least 5l a day! Its not even on purpose, I just get so so thirsty!

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ketostix are notoriously unreliable. I'm the same as you if I do check I'm always dark and there's no way I'm not drinking enough. I don't believe that darker is an indication of dehydration at all

I binned all mine. Let's face it if you're sticking to the plan you WILL be in ketosis peeing on a stick isn't going to change that

12. Jessie 888

Jessie 888 one life only

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(40.86%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I agree with Starlight totally - don't bother with the Ketostix. They won't tell you anything useful and can actually confuse or disappoint you. Ketosis usually kicks in on days 3 - 5 then you will keep producing ketones as long as you are 100%. It's a bit like sitting there 7 months pregnant with the baby kicking away quite happily - you wouldn't need to do a pregnancy test, would you?! :D

By the way, Emmievic, I think the advice is maximum 4 litres of water a day? Take care, hun.

13. Chiku

Chiku Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    17/06/11 started Xenical
    One of the tell tale signs of being in ketosis is having a furry feeling in your mouth plus bad breath (hence having to stock up on 'breathe strips'). It's quite normal and can last from anything to weeks/ months. But you get used to it, oh and the noisy argumentative rumbling tummy that never shuts up - no matter how much you tell it to "SHUT UP"....

Hey it's a game of give and accept

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.