• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketosis has saved me from curry!!

Husband just phoned and asked if I wanted to go out tonight. I said no but I was swithering. Anyway I tried a ketostix to see if I was there yet and it's finally happened. I am only in the first pink one but it was enough to make me decide not to go.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
well done for being strong it is so hard i am also on day 4 and jumped on the scales this morning to keep me going and it said 7lbs down where did you get the ketosis sticks from ? my pharmacey never gave me any so dont no if im in ketosis or not lol x

Wasnt sure if that was enough on the first one, glad to know thats a good place, thanks Cheryl, I was hoping to get dark purple thinking that was best.

Congrats on the 7lbs mini, thats great, keep it up. I bought ketostix from LLoyds chemist I think. Cant remember how much exactly but around £3 mark I think.

dolphin10

Silver Member
Ketostix

This is site is great packed with information on every topic you can think of.
I have just been to Lloyds Pharmacy for Ketostix. Having done the test after 3 days of being on Lipotrim I tested negative which is very disappointing because I have been 100% disciplined with LT. I suppose every individual is different, I would appreciate comments from others.:mad:

dolphin10

Silver Member
ketostix

I asked for some at a Lloyds chemist as my chemist doesn't recommend using them & they wanted £26!!!
--------------------------------------
Danni

I enquired at my local Boots this morning, they offered a pack of 50 for £9.36. Lloyds offered much cheaper rate of £5.36.
I have seen discussion on these forums regarding the use of Ketostixs so I thought I might as well do my own tests. So far very poor results despite 100% effort from me, but I feel if I have lost weight.:break_diet:

emmievic

Mine is pretty dark and I deffo drink enough water - at least 5l a day! Its not even on purpose, I just get so so thirsty!

emmievic said:
Mine is pretty dark and I deffo drink enough water - at least 5l a day! Its not even on purpose, I just get so so thirsty!
Ketostix are notoriously unreliable. I'm the same as you if I do check I'm always dark and there's no way I'm not drinking enough. I don't believe that darker is an indication of dehydration at all

I binned all mine. Let's face it if you're sticking to the plan you WILL be in ketosis peeing on a stick isn't going to change that

Jessie 888

one life only
I agree with Starlight totally - don't bother with the Ketostix. They won't tell you anything useful and can actually confuse or disappoint you. Ketosis usually kicks in on days 3 - 5 then you will keep producing ketones as long as you are 100%. It's a bit like sitting there 7 months pregnant with the baby kicking away quite happily - you wouldn't need to do a pregnancy test, would you?! :D

By the way, Emmievic, I think the advice is maximum 4 litres of water a day? Take care, hun.

Chiku

One of the tell tale signs of being in ketosis is having a furry feeling in your mouth plus bad breath (hence having to stock up on 'breathe strips'). It's quite normal and can last from anything to weeks/ months. But you get used to it, oh and the noisy argumentative rumbling tummy that never shuts up - no matter how much you tell it to "SHUT UP"....

Hey it's a game of give and accept

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins