Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ketosis help

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Sta, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Sta

Sta Member

I keep dipping in & out of ketosis. I'm eating low carb checking labels for sugars & net carbs. Im not consistently in ketosis. Plus since Restarting about 3weeks ago I lost 6pm in first 2 weeks but this week I'm showing a 7pm gain. It's my time of month but seriously what's going on!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    bit confused .......... seem s your loosing time .... 6pm and 7 pm ?? sorry can t help with probelm ......can you post what you eat xx

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    6lbs and 7lbs not pm. I'm guessing big fingers and predictive text on an iPhone

5. Sta

Sta Member

Sorry I did mean lb!! Yep iPhone! Typical day is breakfast cooked meats like ham or beef or eggs. Lunch either bacon & sausage with egg toms & mushrooms or prawns or chicken & eggs. Tea is usually cooked meat like steak or chicken which is cooked in a small amount of oil with eggs or fish in a butter sauce. Thanks

6. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    What green veg do you have? It does make a difference.

7. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    yep veg / salad and water ................ xx

8. Bondgirltobe

Bondgirltobe Member

I would suggest that you check out the Atkins website just to double check that the salad and veg that you are eating are within the induction rules. There is a list on there plus recipes. You are only allowed 2-3 small cups of permitted salad per day. Also what are you drinking?????

9. Sta

Sta Member

I'm drinking enough water to sink a ship at least 10 large glasses. With one or two decafe coffees black or with cream no sweeteners or a herbal tea. Not having any veg apart from a small amount of mushrooms & toms. Checked before I went to bed & I'm back in ketosis so here's hoping x

10. Zion

Zion Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.4lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Check out the 'So your thinking of starting Atkins' thread by Jim in the Stickies for induction rules and a list of allowable foods.

Evaluate what your eating to see if anything is a typical staller. For example, cream can stall some people and it did to me so I cut it out and saw movement again.

Also, definitely try eating more veg, around 15g of your 20g should be salad/green leafy veg. You should try adding greens like cabbage or broccoli to your meals as opposed to just mushrooms and tomatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited: 14 July 2011
  11. ransch

ransch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Atkins (after leaving Dukan)
    def agree with the others, green veggies all the way!

12. Sta

Sta Member

I'm just concerned that introducing veg will stop the ketosis all together. At the moment I seem to be dipping in & out of ketosis. For instance yesterday when I returned from work no kerosene registering. After I had eaten my tea, light oink on the stick then before I went to bed once again no ketosis. Is this normal!!!

13. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Apparently the sticks dont work for everyone - can register both false positives and negatives (eg people think they have got away with it etc)

It probably makes more sense to religiously count carbs and avoid the sticks - you should be getting 12-15 of your carbs a day from veg. This supports the weightloss as well as keeping your insides healthy;). No data/proof that having fewer carbs than this speeds up weightloss - actually you might be providing data that says it doesn't!

Give it go sticking strictly to induction rules, weigh once per week - you should see the weight come off;) good luck

14. Sta

Sta Member

Thanks, I will introduce veg again. I have Lost 6lb then put 9lb on all of a sudden but 4pm of that seems to have shifted overnight leading me to believe that it may just be water retention. I have taken my measurements & am going to see if I loose inches!! X

15. Zion

Zion Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.4lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's normal for your weight to fluctuate from one day to the next. Try weighing once a week or once a fortnight to get a more accurate picture of how your doing because weighing daily can be misleading. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited: 14 July 2011
  16. babypat

babypat Gold Member

Hi good luck. I hope it works for u.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.