Ketosis - help!

Hi there,

I have just accidentally chosen the chocolate bars twice today and it has thrown me out of ketosis. Does anyone know whether it will now take me another 4 days to get back in or will I get back into Ketosis quicker this time? Help - I have no idea what happens!! aah!!!

Susan

You will get back into Ketosis quicker. It's only a few more carbs - to be honest it probably won't make much of a difference. You can only really accurately measure ketosis first thing in the morning as throughout the day your urine will be too diluted...

I wouldn't worry about it. This is a VLCD not a ketosis diet and you are still eating very low calorie...

Hi there,

I have just accidentally chosen the chocolate bars twice today and it has thrown me out of ketosis. Does anyone know whether it will now take me another 4 days to get back in or will I get back into Ketosis quicker this time? Help - I have no idea what happens!! aah!!!

Susan

It wont take you 4 days, so don't worry. How do you know you are out of ketosis though? And what bars did you have?

Thanks guys - the plain chocolate CD bars - the ketostix wasn't showing any sign of any traces this afternoon

Ignore the stix ;) If you really want to use them, you really should only use them in the morning before brekkie.

Personally, I wouldn't bother though. Never got mine to ever show a positive even though I was in ketosis.

when using the sticks though whats the righ colour on the chart thingy im confused lol ?!

Thats ok hunny i'm sure you're probably right. Do you think they just make people worry for nothing because i've got a friend that never used them once and she's lost loads of weight on cd xx

Back