Ketosis Q

Me too defo just going to be ordering the shakes, I really don't understand this ketosis thing, i understand that its when the body goes into the stored fats producing keytones, and i kinder understand that eating loads of carbs will bring you out but i don't understand why certain ingredients and foods, can bring you out of it.. I brought some of them sticks and it's been showing purple each time.

how much water are you drinking?

well done for resisting :) i'm a big coffee drinker so plenty of black coffees for me lol

Well I was thinking about having a small skinny latte every friday, as that would be my treat when everyone else has a breakfast in the canteen. But I'm really not sure now :)

missbiker said:
Every time I see a post from you I think your name is Deep Throat :eek:

....guess you can tell where my mind is!!! :p

That's what I thought too bit I didn't like to say!! Just sniggered to myself lol :-D

ketosis acts as an appetite suppressant which is why we don't feel hungry when in ketosis :)

If your sticks are purple, that may be a sign of dehydration, so just keep an eye on the water intake.

I'm not keen on the soups either...

sorry for butting in the blokes thread :)

I'm a guy too. Just at the 3 week stage now so a few days ahead. Seems to be a few of us here after all, although def a small minority!

cheers
P

Every time I see a post from you I think your name is Deep Throat :eek:

....guess you can tell where my mind is!!! :p

Trust a women to lower the tone :p

ketosis acts as an appetite suppressant which is why we don't feel hungry when in ketosis :)

If your sticks are purple, that may be a sign of dehydration, so just keep an eye on the water intake.

I'm not keen on the soups either...

sorry for butting in the blokes thread :)

thanks, that was really helpful! defo going to try and have some more water, definatley don't get hungry anymore which i'm glad about.

a couple of points on the thread.....

skinny latte's - sorry but you're not supposed to - around 150 calories (ok) but they're mainly carb calories due to the milk so not good for ketosis. Of course if you want to sin that's your choice....

what types of food are good for ketosis and why? Basically ones with lwo/ zero carbs which include fish, meat, eggs, limited cheese, some veg. All explained brilliantly IMHO in the atkins diet book as the whole driver of that is to get you in and keep you in ketosis similarly to exante although achieved in slightly diff methods. Well worth getting the book if you want a bit of science explanation behind ketosis

cheers
P

@missbiker nm, that went over your head :D

lmao :D

...best thing about it is....I'm not even an aeroplane blond!!! LoL :eek:

....but I am from the other side of the Irish Sea :p

Back