Ketosis question

Sweetie_Jo

Just a question about ketosis.

If someone takes a day off, once the body goes back into ketosis, is it still water weight that is lost in the first week or does your body go straight to burning fat?

You'll lose the water you gained coming out of ketosis initially so if you only take a day off it's unlikely that it'll be much of a gain (depending on how mad with the carbs you go!) so as soon as that water gain is lost and you get into ketosis you'll start to burn fat again. Should be far less than a week if you just took a day off.

Considering it is only one day, I would presume it would start straight back at burning pure fat. But as BordersGirl rightly said it depends on how excessive you are on the carbohydrates. That first day your body goes back into ketosis it may be water loss, however thereafter it should be fat. Hope I helped. :)

I think it's about three days (average) to get into ketosis, so one meal can knock you out of it and then your body doesn't revert until it has to. The glycogen stored when you come out of ketosis is stored in water so when you go without carbs your body uses this store before ketosis can begin. It depends what you are doing to how quick the glycogen will be used

Back