ketosis

Mine are also saying im not in ketosis, but im gonna stop testing. ketosis or no ketosis if i stick to the plan i'll lose weight so why worry xx

like mark said its different from person to person as long as your still loseing dont !
Babystar your rite if we feel different who care what a stix tells us the scales dont lie :)xx

If you are losing weight, you are in ketosis. The more water we drink, the lighter the result on ketostix. Thats why I have not bothered with them. I lived by them when I was on Atkins. But they are unreliable for telling us if we are fat burning.

If you are losing weight, you are in ketosis. The more water we drink, the lighter the result on ketostix. Thats why I have not bothered with them. I lived by them when I was on Atkins. But they are unreliable for telling us if we are fat burning.

Um no.

If you are consuming less calories than your body needs for its essential processes you are losing weight. :)

If you're not hungry, and feel pretty good about yourself, you are probably in ketosis. If you're hungry all the time and feel miserable you're probably not! But you will still be losing weight if you are sticking to the plan......

Each of us burns fat and excretes ketones at a different rate, same as we each have a different meatbolic rate. Some people's bodies are far more efficient at using up the ketones and don't excrete as many, some excrete loads, hence the differenc in colours on ketostix. Each of us (and you should know this if you've done Atkins) also has a different "limit" as to how many g of net carbs we can have per day to stay in ketosis - some people can have loads of carbs and still be in ketosis, some only a few. Atkins reckons average is between 25g and 60g which is a fairly large range if you think about it, and your Exante diet gives you about 45g which is at the higher end of Atkins' average.

Your stix are a useful guide and an additinal tool when you are doing a ketogenic diet but they are not hte be-all and end all and you don't need to rely on them to tell you if you are in ketosis.

Listen to your body instead. Losing weight? Feeling OK most of the time? You're fine..........:cool:

I don't get to technical on anything. The way I figured it on Atkins was I was sticking to the diet and was losing weight. To me, that in the end meant the very light response on ketostix was no use to me. If I am losing weight, I am happy. If I am losing inches, I am happy. If I am losing both, I am more than happy lol

I don't think this week will be a fab week Calli. My body is a funny old thing and I have abused it with yo yo dieting for years. So, we shall see tomorrow morning x

Calli, people who are a bit larger to start with do tend to lose a bit more at first but it tends to even out over the weeks and months that you stay on the diet.

You've lost 11lbs in 2 weeks, I don't think that's "nothing" I think it's brilliant! :cool:

We all lose weight at the pace our own bodies are comfy with and as long as YOU are losing, even just a little bit, who cares how much everyone else is losing? It's not a race, it's a journey and you are well on the way.

Don't despair, your body is not a machine and will do this at its own pace. Just stick with it and you will get to where you want to be eventually. :)

thanks yambabe, i know it is not a race, it just seems every1 else loses, i only want 2stone off but realy i have approx 4 to be healthy but i feel this is unrealistic so i set a smaller goal and see how it goes. congrats on yr good loss also u have done really well. x

Calli xx your losses are good!
stop standing on those damn evil scales xx
I 'only' lost 3lb on my Friday weigh in :D and I admit I was a little disappointed until I measured myself :D I bet you are looking rather scrummy and sexy and streamlined ..

go do a naked twirl heheh in front of the mirror :D or the man hehe and see the reaction.

I just keep thinking that it will all balance itself out over the next week or month... 2/3lb a week is still only just under a stone a month... its still a hell of a lot more than many are able to lose.. and you are doing so because you are working so hard at it xx

what yambabe said!lol

You are doing fab Calli. If you curbed your scales addiction, you would not know that things had gone quiet for a few days lol....Easier said than done I guess though :) We expect a lot from these VLCD diets, and feel disheartened when they are anything less. Good luck with this week and sticking to Exante regardless :) (((hugs)))

and what short said!!:)

I love this forum. Great advice ladies :) xxx

i only want 2stone off but realy i have approx 4 to be healthy but i feel this is unrealistic so i set a smaller goal and see how it goes.

Sensible attitude. :)

When I started on Exante I was only going to do it for a month, shift a stone, then try to maintain it, maybe have another go a bit further down the line........

This was because I have tried every diet going over the years, and all of them have worked to a point and then usually I've got bored with them and just gone right back to how I was. So basically I just didn't expect it to work, or if it worked I didn't think I would be able to sustain it in the long term.

Back in Feb the thought of even going a few days without food made me feel scared and sick. I couldn't visualise what I could become if I stuck to it, I couldn't see any way that I would be able to stick to it in fact and I truly never thought that at some point I would be sitting here at my keyboard in size 10 jeans not 20 lecturing you! ;)

I'm now at the point where I am so happy with what I have achieved with Exante's help that I feel I can relax a bit. Not go back to my old habits, but with nearly 4.5 stone lost now and just another 1.5 to go I no longer do add-a-meal weeks, I eat and drink socially but (mostly :eek:) sensibly at weekends instead.

I love Exante cos it's what YOU make it. :) Stick to TS 100% and you WILL lose weight, and what's more you will lose it faster than pretty much any other way of dieting. Relax a bit and personalise it and you will still lose, even if it's slower, and you will make it work for you like I am now able to do.

I too am a serial weigher, I weigh at least twice a day (first thing and last thing) and often a couple of times in between. I've learned not to take those numbers to heart in the last 5 months though, some weeks I've lost nothing at all for days then seen 2-3 lbs go literally overnight! So weighing for me now is more of a habit than anything, the only time I actually react to the numbers is on my "official" weigh-in day every Sunday.

You will have good days and bad days, but if you just stick with it you can do this. :)

Back