Ketosis

Safcd1

If you have a bad day and dip out of ketosis, how long will it take to get back in?

It really depends on your carb intake on your 'bad day'. If your bad day was mainly protein - you may not be out at all. But if its carbohydrate it can knock you out, I would say one or two days depending on the extent of the carb intake.
GSQ

Thanks. It was a bag of c###ps. Very naughty I know

Then it may take four or five days! but that's not likely really, you may get back in very quickly. Its the 'getting back stage' in that always puts me off breaking the rules. But its not the end of the world or the end of the diet, its a slip up.
What is important is that what has passed is passed. You can't undo it, so look forward, start again, and await the stage when the hunger has gone. Its very do-able! You can do it? If you want to!
GSQ

I've have felt hungry for two days. I'm drinking 3 lt water every day as well.

I'd say 2-3 days, but to be honest even sometimes when im in ketosis I feel hungry!

restart 04/05/11 week 1 = 9 stones 7 -- week 2= 9 stones 5 -- week 3= 9 stones 3

I'm pleased so one else gets hungry in ketosis. I thought I was doing so ethnic wrong. How much do you want to lose Nas, as you seem to be same weight as me.

# something#

Bought my ketostix today and it showed some reading of ketones so not out altogether. I'm struggling not to pick at "something" so made sure I bought protein today. Ww do a lovely thin sliced meat. 55 cals per pack so got that x

I started at 11 stones I want to get to 8 stones 10 lbs I'm 9 stones 3 at the mo xx

restart 04/05/11 week 1 = 9 stones 7 -- week 2= 9 stones 5 -- week 3= 9 stones 3

To be very honest I don't follow CD properly my CDC always says I don't do it as I'm meant to but I know my body really well and n it works for me. I often have protein treats but as I don't have much to lose I an not looking for big loses every week x

You seem sensible about it. I a tarted on 11 th may weighing 9st 7. Wanted to lose a stone. But wanted to lose it in 2 weeks haha.

We should track together. We weigh exactly same now. I started sw then ww a few years ago. Started at 12 st 4 so all together lost over 3 stone.

Sure, thats a great idea!
I had a very bad day yesterday 4 glasses of champagne and 2 vodka shots oops! Alcohol has always been my weak point lol I usually have a few drinks on sat then pick myself up the next day n start again so that's what I'm going to do again today! Will be hard to refuse the bacon sandwich everyone is going to be having :(. Xx

Btw well done on it losses, I lost 9lbs on weight watchers in 2009 then stopped b'cuz I was really sick of the emotional effect on me, 1 week lose/ 1 week gain. I just lost my interest as I never lost more then 1.5lbs a week, on CD I lose around 4lbs a week at the start and now that I don't have much left I'm losing about 1.5-2lbs a week which I think is reasonable.

Yes I couldn't resist champers either!!! The alcohol isnt really bothering me I normally have a bottle of vino on a fridaynight and that's it for the week. I bought some echo falls spritz. It's only 4 1/2% and I just had half a bottle (125mls) topped up to a pint glass with soda water. Lasted me 2 hours!!!

I'm not an exerciser either, a walk round the block and 10 mins on my vibroplate are generally my whack.

My sister has done lipotrim for 9 weeks and lost 2 st 5 so far. She is about 10 lbs heavier than me at the minute and I'm desperate not to let her catch up. Haha - I'm really pleased for her as she looks fab but hey sibling rivalry is healthy in my eyes.

Good luck with this weeks weigh in x

Guys please remember no good talk in the TS section

I'll move this to the main forum

Im a very fast drinker that's usually the reason I get so drunk lool

A little bit of exercise is still something hun , I consider my 10mins walk to the station as exercise haha

Always good to have someone u know dieting too the competition makes u motivated ;-)

My WI in on Thursday so hopefully I can work off the drinks I had last night!! X

What's the TS section? Sorry I don't know a lot about this site, I usually access it on my iPhone so don't have access to everything :)

Back